Sign in to follow this  
MrJoeDirty

Framerate fix for those with Switchable Graphics(Samsung)

I know i have been having a problem running Dayz standalone on my Laptop. I have a Sumsung ATIV Book 8. The laptop with built in Intel 4000 graphics as well as an AMD Radeon HD 8770m. The problem I have had, as well as many others, is that i couldnt get Dayz to run any higher than 8-10 FPS no matter what i did with my graphics settings. I found out how to fix this and most of you could be making the same mistake.

Assuming most of you who have switchable graphics know, when you right click with your mouse on your desktop you can enter the Switchable graphics options. If you have recently played or opened Dayz, it will appear in the list of apps. Like me, you probably set this to "HIgh Performance". Well, doing that does nothing, the Radeon GPU will never kick in. What you need to do, is when your in these option, search for an application. From there you will need to find the file "Dayz.exe" it should be found within your Steam>Steam apps>Dayz>Dayz.exe. Select Dayz.exe and change this to "High Performance". This should take care of your graphics cards switching correctly.

Unfortunately, even with this fix, i can only run the game at about 25 fps. But i am still adjusting my graphics daily to try and get it to run smoother. But i would say 25fps is much more playable than 8 fps. If this helped any of you guys let me know! I will be updating this with my in-game graphics settings later. If at all possible, share what your graphics settings are for those of you with similar machines to this or those of you who have had switchable graphics problems.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1