Sign in to follow this  
kungfoozombie

Share a map with another player

I was thinking about a way to use the map in DayZ that would rival the use of maps on a seperate computer screen. When a player has a map, he could invite others to look at it with him. Maybe even use a cursor (a moving finger) to trace certain routes or point at certain locations. This way you can plot a course with a couple of people.

(I posted this suggestion a while back on the Steam forums, but seeing that it's quite a mess there, I now want to use these forums to help contribute to the game).

Edited by KungFooZombie
  • Like 3

One thing : 8 different map parts - dean hall going full retard.

I wasn't able to find even ONE part of the map, even when im looting every fucking supermarket i see (Usually they are empty).

I wasn't able to find even ONE part of the map, even when im looting every fucking supermarket i see (Usually they are empty).

There are four maximum, not eight... I've seen a lot that were half of the map and I think you can find a whole map too.

You're doing it wrong! Look in the front seats of cars. I usually have a full map created from looking in 4~5 cars.

You can find the map in the following bits:

NW, NE, SW, SE, N, S, W, E, Full Map. That's 9 possible configs.

You can craft the smaller pieces to create a Full Map:

NW + NE -> N

SW + SE -> S

NW + SW -> W

NE + SE -> E

N + S -> Full Map

E + W -> Full Map

Edited by DJPorterNZ

I really like the general idea of shared items. rain covers or campfires could be shared the same way.

And they force you to be static, what could lead to great situations.

Edited by jayleann

When I alt+tab to see the actual map I'm also forced to remain static. Leads to great situations where I alt+tab back and I'm back on the coast.