Window Licker

We NEED "XXXXXX" why isn't it in yet?

In response to the constant posting of we need this or put this in the game NOW, firstly stop being a child, secondly those of you who have suggested genuine and well thought out ideas I'm sorry if you feel I have lumped you in with that crowd.

Edit: This was taken from Reddit this morning posted by Rocket

"you is rich, why game still in alpher?"

"1 million people buying it doesn't suddenly change everything. It's been just four weeks since release, over which the biggest holiday of the year has occurred. We strongly resisted the urge to make any big changes during this period because we didn't have guarantee that staff would be available to fix very serious problems.

Our plan was for the first month was to do safe fixes and then conduct a proper review in late January. This is where we will take stock of the success. Already the studio has been increasing hiring initiatives but that also takes time as well."

"You said this feature was coming, but I don't see it"

"The reason that all the things you want are not in, is because the release happened only four weeks ago. This period was during the major holiday of the year, on the back of a period of six months crunch. We strongly resisted the desire to make big changes during this period, as we didn't have the staffing levels to fix serious problems.

The "someone with production or project management experience" people you mention make these conclusions; i.e. that four weeks during a holiday period is not a good time to make sweeping, complex, dangerous changes to a build. This build represents some cautious work from those working over the period. The more serious work has been postponed from this release, to be part of the major review occurring late January."

"Fix zombies, loot, re-spawns and my game run's like crap!!"

"I think you're confusing what is there with the sole content that has been worked on.

The only things allows in to the build by production are those with minimal risk as we have been on skeleton manning. Our plan was always to work very hard to the release point, and then going into a period of cautious maintenance work, rest key staff, and observe the functionality of the build.

It can be very tempting to rush in and make changes. But this is what caused the whole problems in the project initially. We needed to wait and see, what the key areas are. While you do identify them, you note the absence of fixes being related to the lack of project oversight. That's not the case, the only fixes we have in this build are low risk ones.

server stability

Will be a constant evolution. This update includes changes to the player corpse mechanics which has been a source of performance issues for us. Previous emergency patches addressed a serious problem with weather synchronization causing huge problems and mass desync. Additional fixes have been deemed too risky and are currently branched pending analysis and discussion.

performance optimizations

As above (client optimization is to be conducted AFTER server optimization, and is very commonly not part of early alpha development).

control responsiveness

Risky, requires substantial review and analysis before implementation. It is heavily tied with the existing simulation system - it's not a "turn off and replace" system - it actually requires serious changes that could introduce a multitude of problems. A solution has been proposed and a design analysis done of this, a technical review is underway once key personnel have all returned.

loot spawning

Loot spawning changes have been included, but only those that do not substantially change the system as we are in skeleton manning.

collision detection, zombies, or even the stuff rocket said was the "top priority" (server hopping and combat logging).

Just because something is top priority, does not mean that it will appear in the current patch. This is not an emergency hotfix. This is a serious of low risk fixes that occurred during a period of low-manning. The very thing you say is lacking, is exactly the thing that is holding us back from rushing our priority fixes. There is grave danger is such a situation of making things worse."

TL:DR We are working on the game so chill out and give us time to assess where everything stands and what NEEDS to be worked on in the back end (servers etc) so it doesn't screw up the front end (your computer) and make the game unplayable

for those of you who used the TL:DR here is some instant satisfaction

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HttF5HVYtlQ

Source's:

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1vg7bu/brian_hicks_working_on_finalizing_work_on_the/ceskrza

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1vg7bu/brian_hicks_working_on_finalizing_work_on_the/ceskufz

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1vg7bu/brian_hicks_working_on_finalizing_work_on_the/ceskz4v

Edited by Window Licker
  • Like 27

Sir, have my beans.

I think it is just that so many people are used to buying a polished game, and don't truly understand the aspect of what Alpha really is...

*pouring beans*

e: should this be pinned? i think it should.

Edited by komadose

With that title, who else thought he was asking for sexual themed addins for dayZ?

Or is it just me with that dirty kind of mind? Sorry for that.

With that title, who else thought he was asking for sexual themed addins for dayZ?

i'm pretty sure it's just you. you are german, so it's understandable.

*pouring beans*

e: should this be pinned? i think it should.

Hello there

Whilst it is a nice gesture, folk just do not read all the stickied threads, or indeed the rules. Can you honestly say you have? Not many can.

Regardless, If a four hour flash animation popped up when logging in explaining the above to all users it will not stop those who just *have* to mash the keyboard about *their* thing.

We have many many many great members, the majority in fact, but as with any club/gang/forum it only takes the action of small minority to mess things up.

Your best bet for a decent forum is to use the report button wisely.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

excuses, excuses, excuses.....

hehe, jk, i'm cool with taking a slow start to anything and then watching the ball roll faster and faster as it gains momentum, hopefully

Hello there

Whilst it is a nice gesture, folk just do not read all the stickied threads, or indeed the rules. Can you honestly say you have? Not many can.

i can honestly say that i have not. i've read the topics, though, so i would dig in deeper if it looks like a thread that could possibly answer my questions.

And the latest changelog is proof that they're right on schedule with what they currently have planned.

They said they'll start making bigger moves late January, and look, adding shotguns and stuff around the 24th. It's working out.

Edited by Flight96

(slowly raises hand)

Hookers, Titties, and Cocaine didn't fit in the "XXXXXX" so I came to the conclusion that he wanted a "Priest"

(slowly raises hand)

Hookers, Titties, and Cocaine didn't fit in the "XXXXXX" so I came to the conclusion that he wanted a "Priest"

If its a Catholic priest you were close enough.

I read this all while surfing YouTube. TotalBiscuit uploaded a video covering Early Access, as well as Pre-Ordering to an extent. I'll link the video, and I will say that I have to agree with pretty much everything he said. He does bring up DayZ, only in the sense that the game is the only Early Access game that says, "Do not buy unless you want to support development." I do suggest watching. It is certainly easier to take in than a wall of text. Mind you, it's all done from a critic's/consumer's point of view. And by consumer, I mean one who has not bought into it.

Edited by Sapper Joe

(slowly raises hand)

Vagina fits too.. Just saying...

This wasn't ment to be a wall of text, the pink bit's are a theoretical question, The other parts are quoted from Reddit posted this morning by Rocket, if you click the links in the sources section they will take you to the quote.

Well there is no debate that there is a need for such content, just be patient.

This is what I keep trying to tell people too.  I will share my beans with you.

Thank you for all the beans!!! I ate them all and can now can fly, seem to be attracting a lot of small arms fire from Electro tho only the people with gas masks on..

No really though it seems this has done nothing to calm down the repetitive threads on the forums, sorry folks I tried.

"Trying is the first step to failure"- Homer Simpson