skoms

The very first kill. Do you remember yours?

Whatever you do in life, the very first time is very special. And most of the times you will remember it for a very long time. Either its your first day on high school, the first time you had sex or even the day you bought your first car. Its always a story to remember. 

And the same goes for a game like DayZ as well. Therefore we all remember our first kill.

Here is my story:

Today, after nearly 50 hours of surviving it was finally time to cross the line and go for the very first kill. I had people in my sight several times before, but i have never pulled the trigger. I have either made contact with various results, or i have kept quit and let them move on without even knowing i was there. But this day it was time to choose the third option. The morally wrong option.

I was running towards Cherno after a very long trip up to the NE airfield and it started to be late at day. The sun was hanging low over the horizon and the silence was only broken by some imaginary eating sounds every time i stopped running. It was a beautiful evening, and the server was no more then half full. I haven't seen anyone for hours despite i was running on the seaside all the way from the broken shipwreck of Rify. But when i approached the very small farming community of Prigorodki right after the sumps in the outskirts of eastern Cherno, I saw a man running towards me on the side of the road.

He was about 500 meters in front of me, so i did a good job spotting him so early on. I was wearing a bright orange raincoat at the time so i was sure he saw me. The very big red backpack did not help to camouflage me either, but since i spotted him so early, i still had time to get to the side of the road in crouch down into the grass behind a very small three. My heart was hammering, and it hit harder and harder the closer he get. Because this man was not a normal man. This was a solider. Highly trained solider with a custom M4, a hunting backpack, assault west and he even had a gas mask. This man was ready for anything.

Just 100-150 meter away from me he decided to check out four houses right next to the road. This was my opportunity to get closer. Since i'm the nice guy, my way with firearms are not so good, and my mosin had just been test fired at some non moving zombies a few times. I knew i only had one chance. If i missed, he would empty he's entire mag in me before i could reload. Therefore i needed to get closer to make sure i hit the target on the very first attempt.

So while he was inside one of the buildings i ran and hide behind a fence all to the east on the compound. I knew he was heading towards Electro, and therefore i knew he would pass right next to me on the other side. So i lay down behind the fence and waited. And not long after he came jogging past me on the other side of the fence. Just as i predicted. At this time i was starting to have second thoughts if i was going to shot him or not. Should i say "hello, whats up my friend" instead?

But this guy looked like a real survivor. He would just blast me into my next life if i talked to him. I guess.. So I hold my breath while he was jogging by. 50 meters up ahead he stopped behind a small three. He had to run over a open field, so he was checking if it was safe to cross. At this time i stand up, and aimed down the sight of my beautiful Mosin with a pristine PU scope. I was arguing with my self if i should pull the trigger or not. He had a very nice backpack, jacket, and pants i could use. Because I was shining brighter then the sun in my Orange raincoat, and some camouflage in this hostile world could be the difference between life and death.

But this was a life. A survivor like me. He had most likely traveled far and wide and faced many dangers like zombies and trigger happy ten year olds. Just like me. He didn't deserve to die now. Not now. He should at least have the opportunity to see the beautiful Bay Zelenaya before he died. So i made a deal with my self.

If he run, he live. If he turn around he die.

He turned around.. 

One shot and down to the ground he went. I felt like a turd that just have come out of the magical place where nothing ever should go in. It was terrible. I ran over to he's copse, and pushed my direct communication button and prayed it was not too late. With a low and shaky voice i manage to say " Sorry man, I'm really sorry" But it was to late. He had all ready moved on. 

I robbed he's dead and still warm body and felt much better when i notice he had a long range scope for my Mosin. And for some reason it was not ruined. And what an M4 the guy had. The very best of the best in pristine condition, and he had five ammo boxes full of ammo. All of the ammo was ruined, but the guy was carrying only weapon parts and ammo. No food, no water. Just military grade weapon stuff. This guy was ready for war. 

I guess he was on he's way to meet opp with he's clan or something because that amount of ammo and weapon parts was just insane for one person.

So i didn't feel bad anymore. I can only imagine if he only had fresh fruit and was on he's way to the orphanage. Then i would cry, but this bastard must have jumped server to server at Balota Airfield to collect that stuff crazy amount of ammo and weapon parts. So i was happy. Very happy.   

So that's my first kill. What is your story?

Edited by skoms
  • Like 3

What is your story?

Chopped someone up with a knife on the first night of alpha. Fitting.

Bit foggy on my first Mod kill (think it was a pitched Ax battle between me and someone else, just ran up on me and started swinging, I won even though he got the first hit), but my first Alpha kill I remember not so fondly.

It was the first night of Alpha, I think I spawned in Novy and it was a night server.  I had found a Mosin and some ammo for it.  I have the thing shouldered and I'm walking around with my flashlight when I see two other flashlights.  I hear, and I shit you not, 'RARW, I'M GONNA KILL YOU BITCH, IMMA KILL YOU BITCH, IMAKILLYAIMAKILLYABITCH, RARW!' and this idiot wearing just a motor helmet runs at me, actually runs into me and pushes me slightly, still with the flashlight equipped, no other visible weapon.  I put away my flashlight and shoulder the mosin, *BLAM* *clickclick*, got him in the chest, shot a zombie that was near us, then aimed at his friend and killed him.  Felt bad about that one, but he was hanging out with an idiot so...  This part is a bit stragne though, I knelt down to see if the 2nd guy I killed had anything worthwhile on him, and the medkit I had just picked up before I ran into them was gone (not sure if it was lag or if the first guy wasn't so dead and grabbed it while I was trying to loot the other, couldn't find the first guy's body after that.)

Edited by BigMike
  • Like 1

had an M4. encountered a guy on the road between towns. He had a fire axe.

I pulled my M4 and ADSed on him, but held fire, as I backed away from him.

He pulled his axe. Stood his ground for a few moments.

I continued to hold my fire, backing away.

He YOLO charged me, running towards me and slightly to my right.

I panicked and missed as he got around behind me.

As I turned to face him, he was RIGHT in my face, axe at the peak of its swing when BANGBANGBANGBANG!

He dropped dead.

I took his pristine combat helmet.

-The End.

• Like 1

I warned a man that I meant him no harm and was leaving a town but he chased me and was trying to knock me out. I was forced to axe him so I could meet up with my friend and move on.

And the same goes for a game like DayZ as well. Therefore we all remember our first kill.

Um...not really.  I don't think it's really that special for everyone.  Especially in the standalone, where everyone just rushes to an airfield, grabs a bunch of gear and camps there or just runs back to the coast to kill newspawns in full milgear.

Um...not really.  I don't think it's really that special for everyone.  Especially in the standalone, where everyone just rushes to an airfield, grabs a bunch of gear and camps there or just runs back to the coast to kill newspawns in full milgear.

Um...not really. I don't think this is how everyone did their first kill.

In fact there is five examples above you that are very different.

So, are you just trying to say your first kill was that you killed a newspawn in full milgear?  :) 

Um...not really. I don't think this is how everyone did their first kill.

In fact there is five examples above you that are very different.

So, are you just trying to say your first kill was that you killed a newspawn in full milgear?   :)

I didn't say that's how "everyone did their first kill."  I didn't say that's how EVERYONE kills.  I just said, "I don't think it's really that special for everyone."

There are plenty of people who run around in full milgear killing newspawns.  In fact, if there weren't then there wouldn't be a gazillion threads on the forum dedicated to people bitching about that exact scenario.

No, my first kill wasn't a newspawn vs. full milgear.  My first kill in the SA was some idiot trying to run up and punch me while calling me a "N*****" (I'm not even black but uh...okay) and me killing his ass with a baseball bat, which I would hardly describe as a memorable experience.  That's actually a pretty common occurrence on a full server in my experience.

Edited by NeedsFoodBadly

Mine was at NWAF, I was crouched in the southern guard tower near the entrance as my girlfriend was at the fire station looting. She climbed the ladder to get on the roof of the fire station not realising someone was already up there. The guy stood up. With my mosin and long range scope set to 800m I took a couple of shots to scare him but actually killed him.

That was my first and luckiest kill. Went to the fire station afterwards and looked for the guard tower I was previously at to get an idea of how far away it was and I could barely see it.

My proudest moment.

I was in military base on the second floor, when I heard some noise from outside. I positioned myself near stairs so that his back would be turned on me when he comes up. I heard him walking around downstairs and I though that, if he's got a gun, I will take him down because I wasn't in the best shape then. Well, he had a gun so I shot him in the back. Not my proudest moment, but I lived maybe a week more until I was shot a few hours ago...in the back.  :I

New to the forums and still very new to the game.

Was trying things out a few days back.  I had jumped into a server with a new start and it's pitch dark.  Shoot, hadn't realized that I selected a server on the night cycle.  Took me a couple of minutes before I figured out the flashlight and I'm creeping around slowly because I can barely see anything and I definitely do not want to bump into a zombie.  Then I see some light reflecting off a building, and since I have nothing to lose I walk over to another new spawn.  He starts talking on coms immediately:

"Hey there, are you new?"

"Hey, are you friendly?"

I'm standing in front of him desperately trying to remember how to communicate, how to type or chat or anything, and I remember that I can wave or put my hands up with the function key.  As I'm trying to do so I figure maybe I have to put up the flashlight first or something.  I accidentally punch him and instantly regret it.

"Oh so that's how it's going to be!"

He starts chasing me around in the pitch dark.  I'm freaking out, running into things since my gamma is not high enough and I can hear him close behind me.  He get's in a couple of shots and I'm bleeding.

"FIGHT ME! COME ON, FIGHT ME!"

I'm panicked. I can't see without the flashlight up but I can't run when it's up either.  And the guy chasing me like a lunatic isn't helping.

"FIGHT ME! YOU'RE BLEEDING, YOU MIGHT AS WELL FIGHT ME!"

So finally I make it out into an opening, and thank goodness the starlight is finally enough for me to catch an outline.  I start pressing keys and find the space bar like a long lost friend.  As the lunatic catches up to me I step to the side and mash like crazy.  I must have hit him in the head because he collapses, at least for a few seconds.  He start getting back up, but I'm committed now and finish the act with small remorse.

"WHAT? How?  I don't believe it...."

So that details a few of my first minutes playing this game, my first interaction with a player, and first kill.  If the rest of the game plays out with this much excitement then I'm going to have to take up smoking or something.

• Like 2

My first kill.... it was... oh yes now i remember.

I was in NEAF with a mosin, a magnum, an Axe and a large amount of other gear, i'd just finished up in a building with a jail and was chilling there facing the entrance with my magnum out. I don't know why i stayed around but i was there none the less. Suddenly a guy with an axe out had come into view. We looked at each other for a second while i brought my magnum up. He charged me without saying a word.

Now it is important to the story that i make this clear. I was playing this on Satellite internet, which meant that even on servers where i would get 30 ping on regular internet (i checked this later when i had access to it) i was seeing numbers from 800 to 1300 when connecting. Yes that is not a typo, 800-1300 ping. Later on some of the TMW guys had a double take when i asked them to patch me up after a zombie had knocked me out while i put a 357 in it's chest and this was the story for why i was lying in the middle of Solnichny.

The only way to me was straight so i put 3 rounds into him center mass. He swung and knocked me out. During the swing i saw three red blood splatters appear on him. I had no way of getting out of being knocked out, i waited 10 minutes, so i logged out. I respawned. 

Even though i never confirmed the kill 3 357 magnum rounds to the chest in this game is over kill, thus i consider it my first kill.

I saw somebody on a dirt road riding a bike.. and shot him with the enfield, stole his bike

After a woman with an axe snuck up on my while I was looting a northern town, I missed my mosin panic shot and was killed. The two guys I were with had gone upstairs down the street to look for a Mosin spawn. So after listening to the ensuing fight I spawned at Komarovo again and decided to do a quick search for a pack and something to drink before heading back to meet up.

While I was searching a house another fresh spawn ran into the house. I said hello, and waited for his reaction. He stayed silent. I asked him how he was going. He sat down on the ground, so I figured he wasn't much of a threat. Then he moved up into a crouch position and flipped me off. I just stared at him for a moment before realising that he was in crouch doing a gesture, so I could get my fists out before he could. I punched him in the head, said "BE POLITE." and punched him a few more times before tearing his shirt into a bandage and going on my way.

That was my first and only kill in DayZ.

Edited by somethingbloody
  • Like 1

it was propably some sad bambi-fist-fight at the shore. messy and anticlimactic, like losing a virginity generally is.

• Like 1

...i'd just finished up in a building with a jail and was chilling there facing the entrance with my magnum out.

im crying right now.....

laughing so hard im crying.

anyone else find this statement funny?

• Like 1

o im looting trough Stary and I see a zed chase someone into the market. I proceed to the market and see the guy killing zeds at the back.I wave from the door to show im friendly and after he kills his last zed he waves back. We both take some stuff from the market, then I wave goodbye and go to loot another house. While im looting I see hes followed me into the house. I don't really mind as he seemed friendly so I just leave and head towards NWA. Iv only been running down the road a few seconds when he comes barrelling past me in sprint axe swinging as he goes.....I still give him the benefit of the doubt and leave my axe on my back while jogging.

Suddenly he gets a hit in and im bleeding.....that's it! I draw my axe and we start dancing round eachother swinging axes. After a few seconds I manage to kill him. After getting some extra food and drink I carry on my way. Let this be a lesson to all you little backstabbers.....just because some of us play friendly dosent mean we wont kick ur ass if you try something  :P

• Like 4

Back in the mod days, first proper kill (after the initial shakes and making my way through the pvp nightmare electro). I teamed up with some guy west of electro, I had a lee enfield and he didn't have anything, since we were both new players we were just exploring and decided to go to the lighthouse on the hill at Cap Golova. Then we heard shots coming back from electro, through the scope I could see a fresh fish running around being shot at by another fresh fish with a makarov.

After one had been killed and the other started running back to electro, I thought I'd take a pop at him. Saw the red puff of blood engulf his tiny head, must of been 300-400m. I was so proud, still am seeing as it's a skill I've not been able to reproduce in my 1 1/2 years playing XD

Later, we met up with his friend (who had been coordinating the meet for a while) we ran for perhaps 20 minutes north, I know not where, when I thought we were stopping at a vantage point to get a view of where to go next, his friend shot me in the back of the head. First betrayal.

Actually yea, I even made a thread about it, let me just copy pasta it. 

"So, I've been playing DayZ for 6 months now.. 

I'm going trough Rogovo, checking for gear.. I have a Ak and plenty of food.. I'm 4-5 meters away from the door into a red house.. Suddenly around the corner comes 2 guys, 1 in ghillie with an m4 and the other got a M9 SD.. They didn't see me.. The guy with the M9 turns towards me and i just empty my whole mag into their bodies.. 
They're both down, and I'm running to cover to reload.. I can hear the guy scream while getting eated by zombies.. They're both dead.. 
I've been a Lonewolf for ages, never shot someone before.. They got it all, NVG, as50, gps etc. Kinda feel bad but still, got some nice gear...

Dunno if this was the right thing to do, what do you guys think?"

Still remember how I was shaking and the first thing i did afterwards was taking a smoke.. Great times, great times.

My first kill was not confirmed, but i'm pretty sure i got him. 

I was crossing the road north-east of novy, towards altair hill, when a mosin started firing at me from the south. Immediately i panicked and went prone behind a very low wall.

scanning the treeline i spotted him. Full mil gear, gas mask clone, standing between two trees and still perfectly capable of hitting me, hence he continued shooting, and eventually hit me. It must have been a wounding shot though, as i was still alive. 

Being in a shit position, prone, wounded, and in clear view of my attacker, i just went straight for the shot. i zoomed in with my lrs'd mosin, and quickly centered on his head and pulled the trigger. 

i saw the spurt of red come out of his combat helmet, just before i fell unconscious.

my first mod kill, i nearly had a heart attack. It's not a very interesting story, but i'll still remember the effect it had on me for a long time. 

Edited by Capo
  • Like 1

Killed by a other fresh spawn that picked up the axe I was trying to pick up...

Then I did the same to a other spawn

Edited by Chauz

The first time I killed someone in Standalone was when a crazy Italian man ran at me just North of Komarovo.

I presumed he was friendly at first when he jogged up the hill to me with his Fire Extinguisher out but instead he swung at me whilst shouting: "You're going to die". At this time I had a Pipe Wrench and we started swinging and hitting each other for around 4 minutes to the point where we were both bleeding.

He couldn't hold his nerve, so he ran off into a house, where I followed him to see him collapse out of blood loss. In his final breath he said: "Motherfu..."

Luckily I was able to pry his damaged T-Shirt off of his body and use it to bandage my wounds.

I was minding my own bussiness scouting, trying to avoid zombies and people to loot in peace, when a wrench whistled over my head, as i turned around and got my axe in the hands i saw a clown masked devil that inmediately mumbled something in german, axed him in the chest.