rocket

Rolling Changelog: Stable Branch: 0.32.114557

Can it be programmed instead of water bottles, spawn vodka bottles? :D

thanks and sorry my english!

Edited by sebasdayz

who cares?

there will be alot of resets... u know why buddy?

pssst its alpha ;)

Clever response.  As if I haven't been saying the same thing in every thread I post in...  I asked a very specific question and a reason why I wanted the info.  I know there will be character wipes.  But for this patch I'd like to know so I don't waste several hours running if I'm going to spawn on the beach soon anyway.

^ Very likely.

Also I'd presume Monday AM to be somewhere in the morning guys, not right after 19th january's 12pm. Not sure about everyone's time region though.

Edited by Problematic

1:53 AM
Monday, January 20, 2014 (CET)

Time in Prague, Czech Republic

not long now :D :beans: :thumbsup:

Reads great except one thing:

• Dead character cleanup performed at 10 minutes past death

I don't think this is the right way to go. Unless I misunderstand, I think dead bodies should stay. They are a great way of causing fear to players. Going into Electro, seeing 5 dead bodies near the supermarket and players will be cautious. Also, sometimes, if you kill somebody, you do not loot him immediately, but might take longer than 10 minutes until you approach that body.

If it is possible, I'd prefer that the devs change this in such a way that you cannot loot your own dead bodies after respawning, in order to avoid players respawning and simply running back to where they died. Other players, especially newspawns should get the benefit of looting previously killed players.

• Like 1

8:30pm est now :) No work tomorrow which is better, day off for holiday here in USA.

Hicks, if running back to your corpse is metagaming, then what is running back to your fully stocked tent to be re-geared in ~10mins?

A 'new' character would have none of the knowledge of the old character

Yes, a new character will also have no knowledge of his tent being ransacked by wild animals once his old character died.....8-) Hopefully, Rocket and dev team will link all tents to characters that pitched them and when they die, the tent and it's contents will likewise despawn at the same time of the character's corpse. Thus, leaving no pile of tents in the forest....but hope the wildlife will come sooner for some hunting simulation.... Ehehehehe

Great Work! On the new patches, Rocket and team.....8-)

• Like 1

Reads great except one thing:

• Dead character cleanup performed at 10 minutes past death

I don't think this is the right way to go. Unless I misunderstand, I think dead bodies should stay. They are a great way of causing fear to players. Going into Electro, seeing 5 dead bodies near the supermarket and players will be cautious. Also, sometimes, if you kill somebody, you do not loot him immediately, but might take longer than 10 minutes until you approach that body.

If it is possible, I'd prefer that the devs change this in such a way that you cannot loot your own dead bodies after respawning, in order to avoid players respawning and simply running back to where they died. Other players, especially newspawns should get the benefit of looting previously killed players.

It's more to do with server load then player fear ATM. I think.

ETA:

• Monday 20 January 2014, AM

ETA - estimated time of arrival...

I wouldn't sit there waiting guys, it's not 100% confirmed to be released today and certainly not in the early ohurs of the morning.

Edited by Mos1ey

B1NukxF.png

I presume this ^ will be Svetloyarsk?

whats this map? how did you get? please quote me with your answer...

03:30 AM in Turkey, Still waiting impatiently  :beans:  :rolleyes:

Lol it's not even sure it will come today. 

Agreed. I wouldn't think it would be out until at least tomorrow here in the U.S. Get some sleep. I know I will be. I'll be dreaming of berries and shotguns.

B1NukxF.png

I presume this ^ will be Svetloyarsk?

Also, I would think so. Looking at the map and what Dean has said, that it being a coastal city (as it is in real life), this seems to be the logical place for it. 

Looks like a sniper's wet dream with the forests surrounding it there though. Safe travels!

Agreed. I wouldn't think it would be out until at least tomorrow here in the U.S. Get some sleep. I know I will be. I'll be dreaming of berries and shotguns.

Also, I would think so. Looking at the map and what Dean has said, that it being a coastal city (as it is in real life), this seems to be the logical place for it. 

Looks like a sniper's wet dream with the forests surrounding it there though. Safe travels!

Well since there is invisible walls in the forests, every where is a snipers wet dream because they are unkillable.

I wait for friday when the update is stable :D.Will play on normal servers.gn8:).

• Like 1

ETA - estimated time of arrival...

I wouldn't sit there waiting guys, it's not 100% confirmed to be released today and certainly not in the early ohurs of the morning.

but I am at work.... what else am I supposed to do but sit on here and wait :P