gangrenetvp

Pens write on anything... this can make things more interesting.

Why stop with pens writing on paper? 

You should be able to write them on anything. Add some rotten fruit to a canteen(to poison it)... write something on all of your canteens so you can tell them apart... All gear could have things written on them... might give all of the gear a little more "personality".

I like the idea of poisoning some blood, water, and or food on me. So when they loot my corpse and make a wrong choice they may regret it. ;-)

I could even label my items "1", "2", "3", etc... and if I know "2" is poisoned... I'll not drink that one. Maybe I'll even label some AB blood as O+... ;-)

Basically, when you inspect any item and bring it up to full screen, there could be a message box below the item telling you what, if anything, is written on it... it could be useful in many ways.

Great suggestion, in real life you'd be able to mark things, which is pretty useful in survival, so it'd be a great idea, but we'd need a black market pen!

I heard they removed these features because people wrote racist comments all over the place on note pads.

It's not a bitch to implement... They already have the functions built with the paper and pen... simply add that function to every item... done.

I heard they removed these features because people wrote racist comments all over the place on note pads.

LOL

your idea of coding your items is cool. good idea