1S1K-Airborne

We NEED some way to identify heros and bandits.

Only read the OP.. partially.
If the "bandit" could choose to use or not to use this, why would he choose to use it?

I know I woudnt choose to wear that If I had a choise and still be able to kill bambies without making it obvious to everyone else what I am.

You guys are making me laugh because what i am describing is a little program called DAYZ MOD, CREATED BY A GUY NAMED ROCKET, WHICH HAD BANDIT SKINS....

You make me laugh because the mod you are describing is a mod of the mod you dumbass.  

You make me laugh because the mod you are describing is a mod of the mod you dumbass.

I am pretty positive bandit and hero skins were apart of the vanilla dayz mod. I only played the vanilla mod and distinctly remember the humanity system and hero/bandit skins. Edited by Foxhunt

Im talking about DayZ vanilla Mr. Sherlock Holmes. Only for a brief trial period did it not have skins....and they went back to them. Fuck, i was just playing it the week before SA came out using several different servers.

Wha? I'd say sticking to my strict moral rules of engagement and hardly ever killing anyone, despite wanting to PVP more is pretty damn unlazy. How many fucking hours DO YOU have in SA and the mod?

The amount of hours I have (upwards of a couple hundred in the mod, probably less in SA) is irrelevant to the point. Instead of doing your due diligence and learning whether or not the person you're going to shoot is deserving of being shot, you want a system in game to tell you that "this person is bad" and "this person is good". 

Sounds lazy to me.

• Like 1

You guys are making me laugh because what i am describing is a little program called DAYZ MOD, CREATED BY A GUY NAMED ROCKET, WHICH HAD BANDIT SKINS....

The same guy named Rocket, who has previously stated that said skins won't be in Standalone and that he didn't like them in the Mod. Also, if I recall correctly (admittedly I may not) it's when Rocket decided to focus his efforts on Standalone that the skins were snuck back in. After he'd taken them out. Deliberately.

Nobody here in this thread is asking for KOS to go away, we want to increase it. Well, i do. I want all out war (in a way, not literally) and i want all my enemies to have good weapons too and KOS me the moment they see me. Thats not nerfing.

You're right, that's not nerfing, that's Arma.

now i must say i can't decide if that's the case or you are just trolling..

Whys that? because my preferred play style is different than yours? Because im one of the legions that enjoyed the mod which had bandit skins? I bet your one of the pantsless warriors out there aren't you, making the game "authentic" and realistic aren't you? Or are you one of the karate experts with the high pitched voices chasing people? You enjoy that shit don't you. Are you bandit btw? Cause if you are you, holy sheit, you got some explainin to do cause that would make you one big puss.

This will be a very good system.

Im trying to be a hero but everyone that i'm trying to help him either try to kill me or just combat log and sometimes om forced to kill people that i don't know if their bandits or heroes or just civs,its realy make me sad that i can help players because the game doesn't have this system.Basically its needs to be in the next update (version 34).

This is 100% a bandit, in mask I value your life for a joke, infact given the opportunity you will get the chance to tell a joke, if it doesn't make me laugh? I love telling people " you couldn't tell a joke to save your life" & killing them, I will kill you if I don't think you run in a funny enough manner, i'll kill you if I need a battery.  To those that don't think there is a war between me and heroes I laugh in your face. There are no heroes only clowns without masks..

DayZ_2014_01_31_01_07_44_346_zpsddc541d7

Edited by Calibre
  • Like 1

Personally I dont think you should have a way to tell a person is a bandit or not. Thats the whole point on trying to decide if you should trust someone or not... I do though think their should be consequences to players actions though.. Something this game is definitely lacking..(understandable it is alpha, just looking at it moving forward)

Let me start of by saying I do enjoy banditry as well as very willing to KOS. Thats never going to change... The one issue I do have with KOS is that it is too easy though and theres no real consequence in doing it.. Pretty much its a part of the game that I hope in the future has work put into to make it more something that brings more of a dynamic to it. Pretty much hoping that it will be something that puts myself on the line to worry more as well as the friendly player who also KoS's out of fear of being killed.

I made a thread in the suggestions section. Sadly it seems that when it came to having a system it was looked as if I had issues with KoS in a negative way which I dont... What I have a issue with is theres not really a consequence for the decisions you make in this game..

It seems theres a stigma towards players that if you want to make KoS a challenge it means you dont like it.. Total opposite, I love it and want more involved into it. I want more to be involved with player killing and how it effects your player. I want it something that effects the friendly player as well as the bandit and the decisions they make to play that way. Right now theres no consequence for your actions which is kinda dull and a little too easy imo.

My post in the suggestions section:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/169480-ghostingserver-hopping-combat-loggingbandit-system-and-also-zombie-difficulty/

Edited by cels

A system which he personally said he disliked, because it felt artificial and punitive toward a particular playstyle and specifically took out of the game for this reason.

He added it back in only after he knew he was going to be doing the Standalone, because he knew at that point he would not be devoting more time to implementing a better, more robust and more authentic system in the mod. The bandit skin system was a hacked up bandaid, not a final solution and not what Dean really wanted to do.

For a guy who finds any and all excuses to mention how many "fucking hours" he spent playing this game, I would hope you would know the history of these things a little more clearly.
  • Like 1

Not authentic at all. Psychopaths the least would get the effects if they were to go on a killing spree. No empathy, no loss of sanity. People suggesting like this need to get over getting attached to their material possessions and learn how to die like a man.

Except, you aren't spawning in as a "Psychopath" man - you are a regular civilian caught in the zombie apocalypse, how would you keep sane? At this point you are a "neutral Karma" spawn, so this post of yours is completely invalid to the very concept that I brought up.  Sanity makes perfect sense, and if they are ever going to implement a "karma" system it should be Sanity.  It's the most authentic you could go without having "Nameplates, skins, armbands, etc", you actually have to take that risk still to decide if that person is trustworthy or not.  

I am sorry to break the news, but if your any kind of "skilled player" you would like the challenge.  Just another pathetic excuse to shut something down because it would make the easiest thing to do in DayZ "Harder".

how is it even remotely possible for the game to really KNOW wether you pulled the trigger for fun or for self-protection? too many variables. it's impossible.

It should vary between variables of whom you kill, for instance you kill a "neutral/or positive karma" character, you lose "Sanity".  I do agree there are a lot of variables, I just believe that Sanity would be the one thing (that comes to mind) that would still be authentic and would give a steeper decision making factor with your character.

I am a firm believer that KoS is apart of DayZ, yet there should be re precautions to your actions.  You are playing as a civilian - not a soldier.  You do not have the psychological training to cope with hundreds of blind murders you have committed through your life.  It would eventually get to your head.  The people who generalize about how you wouldn't show negative affects to constant murdering are the same kind of tools that believe there should be weapon specializations tree's & perks in DayZ...

Edited by Lidskjalf

So the OP wants a way to determine hero from bandit simply by looking.

You see how I'm not shooting the OP for making such a suggestion right now?

That makes me a Big Damn Hero™

big_damn_heroes_by_fengra-d45xhdw.png

• Like 1

Except, you aren't spawning in as a "Psychopath" man - you are a regular civilian caught in the zombie apocalypse, how would you keep sane? At this point you are a "neutral Karma" spawn, so this post of yours is completely invalid to the very concept that I brought up.  Sanity makes perfect sense, and if they are ever going to implement a "karma" system it should be Sanity.

It should vary between variables of whom you kill, for instance you kill a "neutral/or positive karma" character, you lose "Sanity".  I do agree there are a lot of variables, I just believe that Sanity would be the one thing (that comes to mind) that would still be authentic and would give a steeper decision making factor with your character.

I am a firm believer that KoS is apart of DayZ, yet there should be re precautions to your actions.  You are playing as a civilian - not a soldier.  You do not have the psychological training to cope with hundreds of blind murders you have committed through your life.  It will eventually get to your head.  The people who generalize how you wouldn't show negative affects to constant murders are the same kind of tools that believe there should be weapon specializations & perks in DayZ.

Ok, I had to come back to this thread because this post here has nothing to do with the O.P's B.S

Look man, I don't disagree with the concept of sanity. However, like said before they're just waaay too many variables for the devs to even go through the trouble. They are trying to make player's decisions steeper through other means. Such as when you shoot someone it ruins items that they have on them. Sure right now (In alpha) alot of these 'ruined' items still work JUST FINE. Which is obviously going to change with time and bug fixes.

I just ask these 'sanity' people to be a little patient. Sanity is NOT the answer to try and steer player decision making. It's just another non-immersive feeling game mechanic. Sanity will NOT immerse the player in the experience, it'll most likely irritate the experience because we KNOW this is just a game.

This is where that fine line between realism and 'for the sake of gameplay' get drawn.

Ok, I had to come back to this thread because this post here has nothing to do with the O.P's B.S

Look man, I don't disagree with the concept of sanity. However, like said before they're just waaay too many variables for the devs to even go through the trouble. They are trying to make player's decisions steeper through other means. Such as when you shoot someone it ruins items that they have on them. Sure right now (In alpha) alot of these 'ruined' items still work JUST FINE. Which is obviously going to change with time and bug fixes.

I just ask these 'sanity' people to be a little patient. Sanity is NOT the answer to try and steer player decision making. It's just another non-immersive feeling game mechanic. Sanity will NOT immerse the player in the experience, it'll most likely irritate the experience because we KNOW this is just a game.

This is where that fine line between realism and 'for the sake of gameplay' get drawn.

Yes, I understand your point.  I am just pointing out that if that is a route (meaning having humanity back in the game) I just believe that Sanity would be it, that is all I am saying.  No skins, no armbands, no big shiny nameplates that could be seen 400m away.

It's going to be interesting to see what the developers have in store - there is definitely more important priorities at this point regardless.  Next patch will be interesting, IMO they should force 1st person for one patch.  Oh how the crying would never end...  :D

• Like 1

I am a firm believer that KoS is apart of DayZ, yet there should be re precautions to your actions.  You are playing as a civilian - not a soldier.  You do not have the psychological training to cope with hundreds of blind murders you have committed through your life.  It would eventually get to your head.  The people who generalize about how you wouldn't show negative affects to constant murdering are the same kind of tools that believe there should be weapon specializations tree's & perks in DayZ...

You've watched friends, family and loved ones get turned into zombies.  Everything you know and cherish has been taken away from you.  You should be a gibbering wreck, but it ain't gonna be much of a game if it just consists of you wailing and rocking back and forth on the beach... 

People have given very good reasons why we should not have skins and markers that give away who plays in what style, and good reasons why we should. As stated earlier, I'm very against any bandit or hero skins because honestly, it won't matter when someone obtains their hero skin only to turn around and troll the hell out of everyone by shooting them in the back. It also, IMO, takes out a lot of the tension of not knowing who to trust.

All we can do is ley Rocket make the game they want in the way they want. We can give our thoughts and opinions but they should stick their vision. No matter what they do, people will complain and bitch. You can't please everyone and hopefully Rocket takes that to heart and just makes the game they want.

1st reply in thread says everything that needs to be said and is basically the view of the devs themselves.

This time around I decided to try something different...

- Civilian clothes and weapons only. No Military gear. No Cammo.  Avoid military bases.

- No Sneaking. Walk upright, in the open, weapons holstered or slung.

Sneaking around with a weapon out is suspicious and provocative.

- Do not shoot civilian targets on sight. Walk (don't run) with empty hands and greet them. Do not engage unless threatened.

- Players wearing military gear are considered a threat and will be avoided or engaged if safe to do so.

I know walking in the open and talking to players first will probably get me killed more often than not, but I don't mind. I've tried it the other way and survival is easy and boring.

My theory is that behaving in a non threatening manner will actually minimize the risk of other players shooting on sight and provide more chances for player interaction.

As an almost pure survivor/vigilante, i do this in the mod and in SA initially, wearing only a blending top and light'ish jeans, no bright colors and I was still careful, even at times looking out every window i passed while looting to scan around. I had a guy come around the corner right when i was rounding another corner, I with holstered M4, he armed with M4. I stopped, put my hands up, said "Wow, hey, friendly... hows it goin man?" Without skipping a beat, he continues jogging, comes to me, slows to a walk near me, aims his M4 while still walking and executes me. He was wearing exclusively civilian clothes. And thats not nearly the first time.

Thats why i want factioned PVP with band....err, murderer identification. If he was from another faction, such as the military, out to kill civilians to stop the virus and i was some sort of resistance (not a f'ing "hero") it would not only have been more acceptable, it would have made sense and possibly increased immersion. As it was, it felt like some goofball in his pajamas and one sock with half an erection got lucky in a weird PVP game.

As an almost pure survivor/vigilante, i do this in the mod and in SA initially, wearing only a blending top and light'ish jeans, no bright colors and I was still careful, even at times looking out every window i passed while looting to scan around. I had a guy come around the corner right when i was rounding another corner, I with holstered M4, he armed with M4. I stopped, put my hands up, said "Wow, hey, friendly... hows it goin man?" Without skipping a beat, he continues jogging, comes to me, slows to a walk near me, aims his M4 while still walking and executes me. He was wearing exclusively civilian clothes. And thats not nearly the first time.

Thats why i want factioned PVP with band....err, murderer identification. If he was from another faction, such as the military, out to kill civilians to stop the virus and i was some sort of resistance (not a f'ing "hero") it would not only have been more acceptable, it would have made sense and possibly increased immersion. As it was, it felt like some goofball in his pajamas and one sock with half an erection got lucky in a weird PVP game.

The dev vision is not to have this broken into game-locking faction PvP where your actions force you to look a certain way to identify your play style.

If you want faction pvp there are other ARMA mods for you

• Like 1