1S1K-Airborne

We NEED some way to identify heros and bandits.

I can see special skins maybe or something similar, but in real life, do the bad guys stick out from the norm in anyway other than their actions?  No.

• Like 28

Nope. Too definitive.

I don't think there should be signs that someone plays a certain way. That would encourage specific response and dictate a certain playstyle for those of a certain category.

• Like 17

I really miss the hero skin tbf. it gave people a reason to be nice... you'd get a nice skin for your hard efforts

• Like 7

I really LOVE that Rocket's videos all have a bunch of friendly players that he meets in a private locked server.....lol  I would love it even more if he went into a full public server and ran around Electro or Cherno for a couple of hours.  It would be a shit video and not a good advertisement for the game, because he'd get KOS'd over and over and over.  I would love to see Rocket getting chased for 20-30 minutes by some 12 year old with an axe.

love it

I can see special skins maybe or something similar, but in real life, do the bad guys stick out from the norm in anyway other than their actions?  No.

In real life you also don't respawn or can do infinite run. Don't do real life argument in video game. Video game has gameplay.

And for gameplay there is a need for a way to distinguish bandits.

• Like 23

No because I play as a good guy and EVERY server in the mod id have the bandit skin within an hour or two due to idiots trying to kill me

When I did manage to get a hero skin I was actually killed on sight more because they didn't think id fire back in case I lost it

People don't care, if they want to shoot you they will regardless of skins or ways to identify you

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior
  • Like 14

We NEED some way to identify heros and bandits.

1.  Some of you like to be a KOS bandit.  Got it.

2.  Some of us would like to be Heros.  But we can't do it with the way the game currently is, unless you like being a bullet / axe sponge.

Something to identify heros and bandits "at distance" is needed to enable 2 to happen.  Something visible if you can actually SEE the person.  It could be an armband, face wrap, mask, whatever.  Don't care what it is.

Distances:

Just your eyes = maybe see it at 50-100 meters

Short range scope = see it at 100-200 meters

Long range scope = see it at 200-400 meters

I really LOVE that Rocket's videos all have a bunch of friendly players that he meets in a private locked server.....lol  I would love it even more if he went into a full public server and ran around Electro or Cherno for a couple of hours.  It would be a shit video and not a good advertisement for the game, because he'd get KOS'd over and over and over.  I would love to see Rocket getting chased for 20-30 minutes by some 12 year old with an axe.

Having something visual that would tell the difference between Hero and Bandit would NOT ruin your gameplay.  You can STILL KOS.  It will NOT prevent KOS style gameplay or ruin the game.  However it would ENABLE people to be Heros if they wanted to.  YOU get to play as a KOS bandit, but we can't play as a Hero unless we want to eat bullets or an axe in 90% of player interactions.

Honestly I think all the hate (and I'm sure troll posts below) from the KOS guys is because they are scared to death of groups of Heros leaving other Heros alone, and hunting them down.

If you're not scared, why hate on the idea?  Can't up your game to deal with a few Heros?

There are no heros and there are no bandits.

there are only people that kill often for fun, people that kill often for self defence, people that dont kill often but would like to do it and people that dont kill at all.

this is not the mod

• Like 10

I like not being able to tell what someone is. In real life, you wouldn't be able to know unless they were an obvious psycho or something.

The way it is now, any contact you have with another player can be very tense because you don't know if they'll help you or try to shoot you in the face, and I really like that.

• Like 12

Isn't a Hero someone who tries to do something regardless of the possible consequences to themselves? Like getting KOS by a nervous survivor...

If a bandit robs you then lets you go, are they branded the same as someone who robs you then kills you? How about if you KOS without looting, does that make you a bandit like the other types?

As things develop something may be put in place that only defines you if you want it to, but I think it would need very careful consideration because your actions shouldn't be judged by the game - just by other players and yourself.

I like the idea of some sort of morality system for your character that is only known to you, that works in tandem with a dynamic loot spawn system to offer different clothing that reflects your morality. That way you can choose to wear it or not and identify the type of player you are.

• Like 13

NO!  That would be lame!  The point of approaching people and talking to them is to find out whether they're good or bad.  If you knew from a distance, that would take all of the fun out of player interaction.  Some people play KOS -- I don't.  I like bullshitting with other players, and telling them "Yo man, I see you have a gun, don't shoot me and I won't shoot you."  And there has been plenty of times that I've seen a bandit (and they didn't see me) and I would sneak up on them and say "Hey man, don't shoot.  I'm not going to kill you -- I had a chance to -- but I didn't.  So be cool!"  The few times I did do that, I either got a conversation going, or I just got a "alright" from them.  It's rare that I've talked to a stranger on there and they DID shoot me.

Edited by GotAWarInTheHead
  • Like 6

When I did manage to get a hero skin I was actually killed on sight more because they didn't think id fire back in case I lost it

In mod humanity system was exploitable. Surivors needed to kill too many people to be marked as bandits and you could farm humanity to be a hero who KoS.

With non-exploitable system (2 kills as surivor to be bandit, 2 kills of survivor as hero to lose hero skin etc with no humanity farming) it would be okay.

Gas mask, ballistic helmet, TTsKO jacket and pants - the uniform of KoS players.

May I also draw your attention to a quote from the movie 'The Addams Family':

(Wednesday Addams, when asked about her Halloween costume (her normal clothes)) "This is my costume. I'm a homicidal maniac, they look just like everyone else."

Edited by DoctorWrongpipes
  • Like 10

Gas mask, ballistic helmet, TTsKO jacket and pants - the uniform of KoS players.

And what about newspawn in Kamyshovo?

For safety I am forced to asume they all had gas mask, ballistic helmet, TTsKO jacket and got killed (were bandits), and I KoS them.

• Like 2

In real life you also don't respawn or can do infinite run. Don't do real life argument in video game. Video game has gameplay.

And for gameplay there is a need for a way to distinguish bandits.

Don't use the video game argument in a simulation game.

• Like 15

I'd rather we keep things as they are in the sense that players would remain anonymous to classifications like bandits and heroes, so you need to be careful with anyone and everyone you meet.

Also, more realistic. Which is good.

• Like 3

Nope, thats just a geared player. You expect since I am a friendly to run around in a hoodie and jeans? Say what?

• Like 14

Not entirely true, I have all that and even though I look like a killer, I've only helped people.

I don't doubt a lot of KoS people wear this, but there are fully kitted heroes as well as lightly kitted bandits. So please don't go around killing someone because you assume they're hostile.

Nope please dont do anything like this.

IRL how can you see if somebody is gonna rob a bank or kill someone else? You cant.
So why should we be able to see it in a game, which has emphasis on "authenticity" and "realism"?

Talk to people ingame or avoid them all together, but please dont ever put any kind of "flag" or "sign" on players.

Without bandit skins, I kill on sight.  With them I'll talk to folks without a bandit skin.  Carefully.

So I'm KOS in this game.  YMMV.

• Like 1

if you see guy he putting gun away waving saline bag or vitamins saying 'hey man want some assist?' is probably hero ;)

see some guy running towards you firing m4 full automatic at your face? is probably bandit :ph34r:

you seeing see difference? :huh:

• Like 4

Nope please dont do anything like this.

IRL how can you see if somebody is gonna rob a bank or kill someone else? You cant.

So why should we be able to see it in a game, which has emphasis on "authenticity" and "realism"?

Talk to people ingame or avoid them all together, but please dont ever put any kind of "flag" or "sign" on players.

But they all have a flag and sign on them now. Everyone is a bandit by default. This is endless KoS cirlce.

• Like 1