vikingblood

Static Character(s) Until they Die.

Simple idea really -- Take the same approach say like everquest or world of warcraft.  You get your character until he dies legitimately.  You can make multiple characters maybe up to 3 that you can cycle between.   Only 1 character permitted in use per account use at a time.  If you save our characters on a separate cloud that you manage, it would enable us to never lose our characters ( I see the reports coming in about the people losing their characters by just simply switching servers).   If you atleast made the character we have access to create now more static in ANYWAY!  I think it would be a great step towards fixing your current character being wiped problem.  It would also force us to be more creative and create better propaganda like the crazy youtube videos going viral right now.  People don't want to play a game where you're that same dude as everyone else -- MOST people who are true gamer's will spend hours creating their character's unique look.

Hope it at least sparks some idea's for atleast DayZ2?  Or maybe SOE will take it and use it for their survival everquest style shooter.  A survival Planetside2?  Damn.. After you make your $$$$ from this one you might be able to afford all that server $!

With multiple characters. A player could simply have them all at for example the Southern barrack at the NWA. And if he dies on one of them, he can just log over to one of the other characters & kill his killer.

And having multiple characters would ruin the immersive gameplay for me. But that's my personal preference.  :)

• Like 3

Only 1 character permitted in use per account use at a time. I shoulda said 1 Character only per server until that character dies.

So you can only have 1 of your unique characters on a server at a time  or if there is no way out of that maze just make 1 static character.

it will be like WarZ all over again. Please don't.

A) separate characters per server -> private hives are already like that. Hence the name 'private'

B ) multiple characters per account -> worst idea ever.

C) Workaround for multiple characters: Steam Family Sharing (but it's in beta, not many people know about it, and.. yeah.)

Edited by mark3236
  • Like 1

B ) multiple characters per account -> worst idea ever.

Why? The problem about multiple characters seems to be that people misuse them to "avoid death".

So the advantages of multiple characters will not be possible because of some idiots? Why not reward the "good, fair players" and avoid misuse?

The advantages of multiple characters would be to be able to play:

• alone
  • with friends
  • with other friends...
  • in multiple ways (aggressive, stealthy, in a team...)

And the disadvantages are:

• assholes use them to quickly respawn when they died

And what else? Why isn't there just a way to stop assholes being assholes? Let's say: if you die you can't change your character on that server for one hour. You can only respawn somewhere else.

Simply no. There are much better systems being implemented/finalized to fix this problem.