Sign in to follow this  
nazar.nk90@gmail.com

Remove weapon inaccuracy due to damage.

I vote to remove weapon inaccuracy due to damage since it's just unrealistic. The only way a weapon can be inaccurate like it is right now in the game is if the weapons barrel is straight up worn

out and that can only happen if you literraly shoot 300k rounds through it. I suggest removing the system with inaccuracy and adding a system where you can see how dirty the weapon is  like clean weapon would be least likely to have misfires and jams and dirty weapon would have a higher chance of that. There could also be a cleaning kits that makes extremely unreliable dirty weapon pristine clean. And also I think a dirty weapon should shoot accurately but have a high chance of jamming and not firing at all and you would have to reload to un-jam it (far cry 2 style). There could also be a system where let's say AK has a lower % chance to jam due to being dirty but has a tiny bit lower accuracy and m-16 has a higher % chance of a jam but has a higher accuracy and so on. I hope you get what I'm try to say I know it's quite easy to say "Oh just change this and that blah blah" I also know it's hard work to make this happen that is why I'm posting this in a suggestion thread so you consider this for the future.

• Like 1

oh you.

why not both?

inaccurate AND jamming for crappy guns\gun parts yaaaaaaaaayyyy

oh you.

why not both?

inaccurate AND jamming for crappy guns\gun parts yaaaaaaaaayyyy

The only way a weapon can shoot with random 3 meter deviations is if you have a worn out barrel or the guy shooting the weapon is shaking un-controlably. Even if the sights are broken the weapon will still shoot in reletively one spot just AWAY from the crossair. (so you can still shoot good groups)

Pretty sure the weapon inaccuracy was not put in purposely.

Pretty sure it was. The values are very specific, you don't come up with something like "0.0440968" just by choosing randomly.

• Like 1

Pretty sure it was. The values are very specific, you don't come up with something like "0.0440968" just by choosing randomly.

A mis placed decimal point? I hope, the water bottles hold like 10mls... but yea, wouldnt be impressed with the randomness remaining, hopefully they just put in mean weapon sway...

Unless you're in the military or know how to properly handle a weapon, the chances that you're a crap shot will be pretty high. Considering we're all just random survivors in-game, it's safe to assume that we're all just random Joe Schmoes who've probably never used a weapon before. So the weapons inaccuracy is rather realistic since there's more to just aiming and shooting in real life.

Edit: HOWEVER, I will say that I came across someone yesterday who wanted to be killed and had a problem with weapon accuracy. He was no more than 10 feet from me and it took two shots to the head to kill him because I missed the first time. Now that was a tad unrealistic unless my character is completely ass backwards and sucks at life. <_<

Edited by TheNorCalSniper
  • Like 3

A mis placed decimal point? I hope, the water bottles hold like 10mls... but yea, wouldnt be impressed with the randomness remaining, hopefully they just put in mean weapon sway...

Certainly not. Intentional. Maybe they will rework it but who knows.

Unless you're in the military or know how to properly handle a weapon, the chances that you're a crap shot will be pretty high. Considering we're all just random survivors in-game, it's safe to assume that we're all just random Joe Schmoes who've probably never used a weapon before. So the weapons inaccuracy is rather realistic since there's more to just aiming and shooting in real life.

"If that was the case, then why:

-is the Mosin way more accurate than the M4?

-are survivors less stressed or better trained when holding a Mosin?

-why does adding a muzzle compensator or Magpul stock dramatically increase the accuracy?

-why does a bipod turn the Mosin into a de facto M24?"

Thats just crap, pretty much every person i know can shoot... including my children and fiancee, even my ex wife... Maybe if you grew up in a big city... but this isnt exactly set in a heavily urbanised part o the world... Country people can shoot... assault rifles are even easier too shoot than most hunting rifles, because they have next to no recoil... and are extremely simple machines, i could give my boy an AUG or M4, i can guarantee he would know how to strip it down within 15mins. MG's are a bit different, but just because you can loose yah teeth if yah havnt released bolt before yah try removing the spring, and the gas plug is not intuitive to take apart. But this whole yah cant shoot if yah not trained, is rubbish.

Edited by KingOchaos
  • Like 1

Edit: HOWEVER, I will say that I came across someone yesterday who wanted to be killed and had a problem with weapon accuracy. He was no more than 10 feet from me and it took two shots to the head to kill him because I missed the first time. Now that was a tad unrealistic unless my character is completely ass backwards and sucks at life. <_<

Yet, that doesnt justify weapon accuracy being absolute unrealistic crap. If you're a bad shot with a gun, it is usually because you can't aim the thing properly. In this game, the weapons are inaccurate even when you have a shot lined up.

Make it harder to aim, but give guns better accuracy.

Trust me... When it comes to firing weapons, its more than just aiming and shooting. If you don't have proper sight picture and sight alignment, you're going to be shooting all over the place. Now if you're less than 60m and missing horribly and no where near your target, then something's wrong. By the way, I'm not saying the weapon accuracy is perfect by any means in this game but I've yet to have a problem with an M4 and I haven't used the Mosen yet.

Also, disassembling and assembling an M4/M16 is not hard by any means and has nothing to do with your shooting abilities. Someone with no experience with a weapon could figure it out in under 10 minutes considering there are only two pins to unlock in order to break the weapon down to allow you to pull the bolt free.

In real life, many factors may throw off your shot and some of them include: anticipating the shot, adrenaline, weather, not having a high firm pistol grip, improper sight picture/sight alignment, having the butt stock low in the shoulder, improper stock weld, bringing your head to the weapon and not the weapon to your head, and even jerking the trigger. Again - this is real life and we're talking about a game so I understand that they're not going to implement all of this into the game. My whole argument here is you're trying to say shooting accurately is easy which in fact its not in untrained hands.

In regards to the Magpul butt stock, they're typically much more comfortable in the shoulder than stock butt stocks. This can improve accuracy in a way. Mosins in real life are actually fairly accurate themselves as well.

To sum this all up, I feel they can improve the accuracy mechanics BUT its not all that bad as you're trying to make it out to be.

Trust me... When it comes to firing weapons, its more than just aiming and shooting. If you don't have proper sight picture and sight alignment, you're going to be shooting all over the place. Now if you're less than 60m and missing horribly and no where near your target, then something's wrong. By the way, I'm not saying the weapon accuracy is perfect by any means in this game but I've yet to have a problem with an M4 and I haven't used the Mosen yet.

Also, disassembling and assembling an M4/M16 is not hard by any means and has nothing to do with your shooting abilities. Someone with no experience with a weapon could figure it out in under 10 minutes considering there are only two pins to unlock in order to break the weapon down to allow you to pull the bolt free.

In real life, many factors may throw off your shot and some of them include: anticipating the shot, adrenaline, weather, not having a high firm pistol grip, improper sight picture/sight alignment, having the butt stock low in the shoulder, improper stock weld, bringing your head to the weapon and not the weapon to your head, and even jerking the trigger. Again - this is real life and we're talking about a game so I understand that they're not going to implement all of this into the game. My whole argument here is you're trying to say shooting accurately is easy which in fact its not in untrained hands.

In regards to the Magpul butt stock, they're typically much more comfortable in the shoulder than stock butt stocks. This can improve accuracy in a way. Mosins in real life are actually fairly accurate themselves as well.

To sum this all up, I feel they can improve the accuracy mechanics BUT its not all that bad as you're trying to make it out to be.

Well from what I've heard you say, you sound like you haven't played the game much. Trust me when you have a sure shot at somebody sitting in an open field and you take it and miss by 3 meters you'll understand what I'm on about. Also you don't need training to know how to shoot, my avatar is me firing my m4 with un-zeroed Eotech at 50 yards ( bench rested) at 8 inch circle. Even Piers Morgan knows how to shoot and he's a gun hating communist.

• Like 1

There needs to be a forum rule where people are no longer allowed to say shit like "Well, if you have no proper training then..."

Please just stop reiterating a phrase that has been said and ignored/shot down for the past month. If you want true realism then go outside. Dean said he's shooting for authenticity, not for giving us survivors that can't even shoot one of the most user-friendly rifles ever made. 

And I'm just going to add onto this. There are no factors that affect your shot currently. Hell, the survivor even lines up the sights perfectly. So no, the inaccuracy isn't from mis-alligned sights. The weapons are inaccurate because they have the accuracy of a grease gun.

After a run through the base north of Kamenka, Zelenogorsk, and North West Airfield, I had a M4A1 with full magpul (all pristine) stock carry handle sights (pristine) and a bipod (pristine). I sat in a field newt to a town with a few Z's inside and marked out about 200m. I was prone with the bipod deployed and it took 3 shots to kill the first Z, the first 2 shots landing about 20m past the Z about 3-4m to the left and up. Next Z took 4 shots, the first 3 missing and landing in a scatter. I can go ahead and tell you the set accuracy of the M4A1 is wrong. Standing IRL I can hit a 300m target with an AR-15 (mind you I have had no military training), so why am I easily missing Z's at 200m? I think the answer is pretty simple...

Edited by Shadow134

Maybe I've had better luck with the M4 then! I haven't had a problem with it. I haven't used the Mosin, like I said, but I've also used the revolver/.45 which both do have some horrible accuracy but that's expected at a further distance.

As for your EOTech, you're shooting nearly point blank so of course you're going to hit the target. ;) 50 yards is nothing special! But this is besides the point! I already said they can adjust the accuracy settings but I've yet to have a problem with the M4. Like I said, it may have been some luck but I hit my targets true.

Matter of fact, I was about 80 - 100m from a group of people when I seen them and went prone in the grass. They had spotted me instantly and with a single shot, I was killed by an M4. So he must have been lucky with it too. :/

Maybe I've had better luck with the M4 then! I haven't had a problem with it. I haven't used the Mosin, like I said, but I've also used the revolver/.45 which both do have some horrible accuracy but that's expected at a further distance.

As for your EOTech, you're shooting nearly point blank so of course you're going to hit the target. ;) 50 yards is nothing special! But this is besides the point! I already said they can adjust the accuracy settings but I've yet to have a problem with the M4. Like I said, it may have been some luck but I hit my targets true.

Matter of fact, I was about 80 - 100m from a group of people when I seen them and went prone in the grass. They had spotted me instantly and with a single shot, I was killed by an M4. So he must have been lucky with it too. :/

Not better luck...I guess you haven't read my first post. So I'll say it again, theres a system in game that increases and decreases accuracy of firearms depending on how damaged they are ....and NO I'm not talking about attachments, weapons themselves have damage values but the tooltips aren't implemented yet so we can't know if the weapon is damaged until we actually shoot it and see if it's accurate. So I suggested removing the whole system and making the guns jam instead of being inaccurate.  All my information was taken from Mr. Sacriels live stream, he is friends with Hicks(DEV) and Dean Hall and  apparently asked one of them about it and that's what they said.

Also adding to the whole inaccuracy thing I agrue that an M4 should be able to make a atleast 6 inch group at 300 yards with an Acog I want you to log in and walk 300 yards from a building and shoot at the same point and see where your bullets will go...I bet even the most pristine M4 won't be able to do that the bullets will go 1-2 meters all around your point of aim and that is just unrealistic because I know guys who put long range Leupold scopes on their m4s and shoot up to 800 yards with them. Try it yourself my friend you'll see what I'm talking about.

Edited by Deimise

And I'm just going to add onto this. There are no factors that affect your shot currently.

ORLY? So explain to me the wobbling of the dot 'crosshair' after running and whilst the character is breathing heavily. Wobbling that, I might add, reduces as breathing returns to normal.

After a run [...] I sat in a field newt to a town with a few Z's inside and marked out about 200m and took seven shots to take out two Zeds

Uh-huh. So, after a run, you couldn't hit a Zed 200m out? Things are starting to make sense now.

so why am I easily missing Z's at 200m? I think the answer is pretty simple...

Yep. You've misunderstood the shooting mechanics in DayZ. After running, you breath heavily. This affects your accuracy.

It's not rocket surgery.  :beans:

• Like 1

Maybe it is... I'm imagining Rocket in an operating room, using a reamer to remove the rifling...

• Like 1

ORLY? So explain to me the wobbling of the dot 'crosshair' after running and whilst the character is breathing heavily. Wobbling that, I might add, reduces as breathing returns to normal.

Uh-huh. So, after a run, you couldn't hit a Zed 200m out? Things are starting to make sense now.

Yep. You've misunderstood the shooting mechanics in DayZ. After running, you breath heavily. This affects your accuracy.

Oh my, you don't understand at all. You think I'd actually run then immediately start shooting? No no no no... I had a good 5 minute rest before shooting. I highly suggest you gather correct information before accusing me.

And no, the wobbling doesn't affect your shot. it affects your ability to keep the barrel still. Factors that affect your shot are rifling, wind, barrel length, etc..

Oh and btw, you misunderstood what I said (as I expected since you butchered my post to mislead what I said). I ran up from the base near Kamenka to NWAF and gathered all that stuff for the M4A1. I never said I ran then started shooting. For that, I feel you need to go back to primary school and learn a tad bit more on Reading Comprehension.

If this doesn't satisfy you, then here is EXACTLY what you cut out:

"through the base north of Kamenka, Zelenogorsk, and North West Airfield, I had a M4A1 with full magpul (all pristine) stock carry handle sights (pristine) and a bipod (pristine)."

That's quite a bit...  Next time, when you try to prove someone wrong, make sure you include everything they said..

Edited by Shadow134