floj

Reducing Multi-Server Exploits

So there's issues with server hopping for loot and ghosting...but I don't think that's all the exploits that some players get from having multiple servers to pick and choose from.

In my opinion, playing on empty servers and so having free run of the map is an exploit, pretty much ghosting but maybe not with combat intentions. It's quite mad to see the number of servers with 1-10 players active on them and only 3-4 full 40/40 servers.

So, I'd propose a regional queue. Basically you choose where you want to play (and so get a decent ping) and then the server drops you in the most suitable (explained below) server for that region. If you want to join with friends, you join a lobby together and then sign up.

Stops loot hopping: If there's multiple candidates, then it drops you in the server with the least loot in your vicinity (probably the one you just picked dry)

Stops combat ghosting: No way of ensuring you go straight back onto the same server, or avoid respawning in the one you just left.

Stops the safety of empty servers: You'll be put into a full(ish) server, 20+ players.

Additionally (but maybe not possible) if a server drops to under 20 players, it checks the player positions and then gets merged with another half-empty server after ensuring a minimal clash of players between the two so that no-one's gonna drop on another person's head or in their gunsights.

Now, this all needs working loot spawns to be implemented first (otherwise everyone ends up in the same place with no loot anywhere) but with the devs working on the server code atm I think it needs considering now.

I buy a server. I can not play on it because the queue system sees it has nobody on it and does not let anyone join.

Yay, now I can lag even more on my poor internet because there's more people! Great idea...

Hah I have exactly the same desync issues...consider it after netcode optimisation?

I buy a server. I can not play on it because the queue system sees it has nobody on it and does not let anyone join.

Make it private and make a name for yourself for having a good private server?