chris90

so... thats what u want Rocket ?

They want to spawn in either.

A: Balota

B: Novy Sobor

C: Cherno

My words of advice: Would you go to a place you know will have no loot and you will get shot at (except novy sobor) or to a place with 0 people because everyone is trying to get to one of these places too.

lemmings. its in their genes. every thriving ecosystem has a balance of superior and inferior species. spawn-suiciders cant handle the swag of DayZ so they cope out.

im looking forward to stats tracking. those lemmings will have lower average time-to-live than balota tourists

• Like 11

is it not more the PvP'ers doing this? I would imagine those playing for "survival" would drink their fill then run north or inland...

• Like 2

ppl spend more time in suicide than playing the game :P

I don't see what concern it is to Rocket that a bunch of CoD kiddies can't stand the fact they're no longer spawning right in Cherno/Balota and complain on the forums about how it now takes them 30 minutes to run to Balota and how a full set of milgear isn't dumped in a pile in front of them when they spawn.

I'm not one to say "Go back to playing your CoD." but...seriously...if you want a game that powders your bottom and tells you you're special...DayZ isn't it.

• Like 11

The problem is that because EVERYONE spawns either on the southeast coast or in Novy Sobor, there's rarely loot there unless the server restarted. Even Elektro doesn't always have loot. I'd rather spawn in Kamyshovo or Elektro so I can ignore both towns and run west where players are fewer and the loot is greater. I'd be fine spawning in Kamenka or Prigorodki or something, because there's more loot around there. I admit to jumping off these towers multiple times; not because I want to get GEARED UP TO SNIEP TEH N00BS, but because I'd at least like to find food or a bat or something. Rotten food, shirts, and flashlights everywhere is not the kind of loot that is any kind of useful.

I don't always try to find something to kill myself on, because I enjoy the solemnity of travelling alone in DayZ, but sometimes I want to meet my friend who only has an hour to play or the game insta-killed me on some stairs or something and I want my stuff back because a death like that is bullshit

Point is; more spawn points would make many people stop doing this completely. The loot absence would be spread out instead of concentrating on the east coast

Edited by omgwtfbbq
  • Like 1

Huh, odd. I point myself towards the tress, do about five mins of sprinting, and i find perfectly good loot....

• Like 3

I think its funny that people think balota and cherno are the only places they can get weapons.  

• Like 1

Ah ultra realisim this is exactly what i would do in a zombie apoc if i didnt like where i was cause in real life you change spawn location dont you lol .

Im all for pvp all for gearing up but strangely it has become the mindset that is the game who can loot a gun the quickest and how many people did you kill with each life (am i worng but there are other games that do this in a more orderly fashion isnt there LOL )

I actually miss being utterly lost on the map (impossible now i have run chernarus far to much LOL ) the joy of oh my god hope this road leads somewhere (looks around are there any zombies or players) i found a marakov i am safe (clings to small handgun oh my precious).

I see almost everyone screaming for more loot more MORE am i the only one thinking there should be less FAR less??( i dont mean less variety there should be more of that just harder to find to survive) Id like to see this games survival aspect cranked up to the roof so you cant survive unless you work for it.......( yeah i am one of those sick people who doesnt even want loot respawn but on top of that wants server hopping fixed i mean come on even in a 30 to 40 man server it is not that hard to find loot as fresh spawn you may get a tough time for how ever long it takes you to leave the coast( as a survival game i thought it would be well tough to survive and i dont mean because EVERYONE wants to kill you lol ) then there is 230 sqaure km of heavily loot filled great piles of it enough for the server many times over but just an opinion .ENd Rant lol ....

• Like 1

I am seeing the saying "I/he/she only has an hour or a limited amount of time to play" around these parts alot recently.

I would suggest to spend that hour looting some basic supplies and moving towards a location to re-group with your friends.  Heading North from practically any spawn will lead you to an area where you can find food, water, and a backpack in a reasonable amount of time.  Reasonable amount of time, that may be debatable to some...  you will not die from hunger or thirst in that "reasonable amount of time" though.

If people have a limited amount of time to play, and then come on here and complain that it "hurts" their time in this game.

My response would be to suggest waiting until you have ample amount of time to play this game and play a different game when you have time constraints.

• Like 4

is it not more the PvP'ers doing this? I would imagine those playing for "survival" would drink their fill then run north or inland...

well - you join server, respawn where everything is looted and then run 50km hoping you wont get shoot and will have enough time to find food before starving. So yeah. Thats one point of view. 

I wish they would spawn people along the west and south coast, but remove all the balota loot except the aircraft control tower and hangers, then put a barracks and a tent or two in Cherno with some wrecked Humvees, etc because i think Cherno is one of the coolest game cities ever and deserves attention. I think that would help even out the travel across the map a little bit.

If that's really how survivors played, they would never have any reason whatsoever to complain about "PvP'ers" and, well, look around.

I don't think I ever have a set route...except for I seem to end up in Tulga or Msta as my first stop, then it's a question of seeing what I've gathered so far. Usually I head west towards Zeleno or the military base near Pavlovo via a few little detours where loot is plentiful. Then I meet up with buddies or go out hunting wabbits...I mean bandits between Elektro and Kamyshovo.

Looking forward to doing it all again tomorrow after dying to desync whilst looting a kill - he fail-ghosted and died from respawning 20m beside me - either his buddy or just an opportunist got me in the 5 minutes of faffing to try and put my M4 away so's I could grab the mosin and hide his body as well :(

This just proves that they need to randomize the spawns to stop people from being stupid and suiciding.

0 coastal spawns all in land random spawns.

• Like 3

Players are killing themselves to get a better spawn.

Solution: Everyone spawns in Kamyshovo, then nobody will suicide cause there is no point.

well - you join server, respawn where everything is looted and then run 50km hoping you wont get shot and will have enough time to find food before starving. So yeah. Thats one point of view. 

you just defined what the game is meant to be. 

They should do no more coastal spawns, and all spawns randomly inland instead, with no indication of where you are.

sick of these guys, oust the motherfuckers.  

Edited by Capo

Make people who die from fall damage(within a time period after spawning) spawn in the same spot.

Edited by bad_mojo
  • Like 2

Make people who die from fall damage(within a time period after spawning) spawn in the same spot.

Yep, everyone wants more timers.

I don't see what concern it is to Rocket that a bunch of CoD kiddies can't stand the fact they're no longer spawning right in Cherno/Balota and complain on the forums about how it now takes them 30 minutes to run to Balota and how a full set of milgear isn't dumped in a pile in front of them when they spawn.

I'm not one to say "Go back to playing your CoD." but...seriously...if you want a game that powders your bottom and tells you you're special...DayZ isn't it.

Give me one reason why would i go anywhere else than those places you mentioned if i know that there is no people and no loot? Is there like a magic forest up north with a different environment and interesting things to explore? Such a shame that not everyone enjoys running for 30 minutes through the same fucking trees, roads, grass, environment for 30 minutes and see no one and find nothing.

Edited by SageZ

Give me one reason why would i go anywhere else than those places you mentioned if i know that there is no people and no loot? Is there like a magic forest up north with a different environment and interesting things to explore? Such a shame that not everyone enjoys running for 30 minutes through the same fucking trees, roads, grass, environment for 30 minutes and see no one and find nothing.

Haha, oh yes of course there are interesting places everywhere else!! Have you seen the wide wilderness in the farest north, where you feel free? The rock formations above Berezino? The beautiful lake near there? Big mountains close to the north border? Or were you ever to the mysterious haunted Green Mountain and climbed on the radio tower? Or what about the Guba bay? Or did you explore the new unfinished areas in the north? You're very ignorant if you think on a 225 km² map Cherno, Elektro and Balota and maybe NWAF are the only interesting places. *facepalm*

• Like 1