Solopopo

Compass always wrong?

It's worse than every compass (regardless of condition) being off... they aren't even consistently off. "North" wonders all over the place. Completely useless at the moment.

• Like 1

I have had the pristine compass that has the directions backwards multiple times...i thought it was a very common issue.

Maybe what caused the zombie outbreak is also causing geomagnetic abnormalities. Or maybe there is one of the many magnetic abnormalities that actually exist in real life in the area. There is in fact one in the north of the Czech Republic (where Chernarus is modeled after) at Říp Mountain. You guys didn't even think of that did you? This is actually just some super advanced game design.

Edited by Weedz
  • Like 2

I don't know if the compass is wrong but I have noticed that when I face east as the sun rises, the compass says I am facing either SE or SW cant remember which but its not quite right. Something is out IMO.

If you are in the northern hemisphere the sun is always in the southern sky, and also rises in the east so rising in the SE would be perfectly normal.  But in regards to the compass(pristine) every single one I have picked up has been jacked so I quit relying on them.

Edited by SaveMeJebus

You know what else is wrong with the compass?

The fact that we STILL cannot use it while looking at our maps. Like in arma.

I've had a compass that didn't work so many times, basically I stopped using them because there are so many times it took me the wrong way. Now I just use the maps from my ipad and I don't ever have a problem.

The sun might be off aswell, saw it standing high in the NW at about 5pm servertime. Compass pointed at it (the sun) said is was south, but according to the map+location+direction of view it was definitely NW.

Northern star seems to work well for me at night though.

I am sorry to say I am noticing the same thing. It seems to be off by 90 degrees. Seems to be more of an issue in .53. Although once I figure what direction I really am going in I still can use it some what. It seems to be consistent in which way it points at least.

In .52 it seemed hit or miss if it would work or not, now its almost always not working. But theres bug reports filed, they know about it, so at some point it will be fixed.

Edited by CJFlint

My compass stopped working so I am stuck in Krasnoe until it gets fixed :o  HALP me out of here! :)

one moment, i will help you finding back to the beach  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Never ran into the compass bug. But they have indeed segmented the maps into only bits, so you will need a minor library to collect the entire map of Chernarus. Don't know what that is about.

It's about an idiotic dev decision and they still have the town names in English.....

Oh and could we possibly have it where we scroll forward to zoom in, like it used to be?

Here is a screenshot of what OP is talking about.  This is the road going south out of Staroye, yet the compass points east.8opA9hy.jpg

Yeah this bug really sucks, compass pretty much useless, and i really dont get how it can be hard to fix this....

Oh good, it's not just me.

I thought I was going crazy for a while there, I kept following the compass north and winding up on the East coast.

It's happened so often I no longer bother carrying a compass, more trouble than they're worth at the moment.

Heres something I do...it still is usable.

Dont equip it. Dont hold in your hands. Click inspect, then look at the picture of it, on the right part of the compass there are 2 buttons. Between the 2 it is the correct direction. Its off to the right. So were what direction your going in is to the right not the front. Make since? Its a bug but still is usable.

Edited by CJFlint

i noticed that some people were complaining the new compass didn't always point north. 

i forget which thread, so i thought i'd make one here to clarify that this is by design and not a bug.

next time you pick up a pack of cereal read the back of the package. 

there's actually a disclaimer from the damn cheap cereal prize company saying that it doesn't always point north. 

so; the old compass is still the best compass.

Edited by Wookieenoob
  • Like 1

The compasses have been bugged the last few builds. it happens.