Sign in to follow this  
Plasma49

Map Spawns

Any tips for common places to find maps? 

The wiki says they spawn in Residential and General military but which buildings?

Thanks 

Plasma

Extremely common in cars.  You can also find a full map by pressing shift+tab, then clicking web browser at the bottom left and type in dayzdb.

Where is the highest number of cars? (Excluding Cherno and Elektro)

Where is the highest number of cars? (Excluding Cherno and Elektro)

There are a lot of cars at the apartments north of Cherno.

There are a lot of cars at the apartments north of Cherno.

Anywhere further up north?  

I find plenty of pieces, but I have never found the whole map.  I know they can be combined, but I just never had the right pieces to have the whole of the map.  I don't really feel like it is a worthwile endeavor to specifically search for the map.  Sure check the cars if you see them, but run across the map to find the 4 car spawn you were told about? Not sure it is worth that kind of effort.

Having said that:  There are a few cars (3 iirc) by the warehouse and train station area (parking lot is behind the school) just NW of Lopatino.  Also there are 4 vehicles parked at the train station outside Gvozdno.  I do not think anything spawns in the brown van, never found anything myself.

I find plenty of pieces in sheds.  Specifically in NWAF if you move from the firehouse to the northern barracks, there is a shed that you can use to cut through the fence into the warehouse area and another one on the other end to let you back out.  I seem to find pieces in the south shed almost everytime I go through it.  There is a similar shed, by the 2 northern hangars and I have found a map piece in there too.

Random, I just picked up an item called map, had the whole map on it. Didn't have to bugger around with pieces..

• Like 1

Guys there is an easy alternative to finding maps called dayzdb. Google it.

Edited by kg360

I've found them in police stations also. I showed a few my good map loot locations in my map tutorial video. The apartment buildings are a good spot also in my experience, forgot about that one.

What is the point of the in-game map btw? it seems completely useless, can't set waypoints (at least none that show you where to go).

I'd rather use DayDB