Do you agree with modding in SA?  

341 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with modding in SA?

• Yes
    • No
    • Others...

MODS for DAYZ SA?

Nope, nope, nope

The reason for SA was to unify the community (besides making money)

MODS and hence private hives will destroy the community, just look at the arma2 co dayz mod servers, the game would become a niche game people preferring certain mod/hive and not a mmorpg

And the ability to use mods is the main access for hacks, right?

We can discuss past events "ad vitam eternam", DayZ is in no obligation to return the favor.

But they are, and to bad so sad for you the vanilla will die off when mods are made with what players want. Rocket/B.I won't care because they already made there money off us buying the game. Also B.I knows just how much money mods can make them from extra game sales alone.

Point me to a server that doesn't give you everything off the start. Most people don't care about mods improving graphics, animations and sounds. Most are worried about the mods handing weapons and vehicles out like candy

Well no one forces you ever to go into those servers! I most likely wont, you most likely wont and plenty of other people wont. So what? Maybe some will and perhaps will enjoy it. If the standalone will be good as vanilla you have nothing to worry about, there is plenty of people clearly disliking the mods and will stay on the unmodded game. It is almost fifty fifty with that. All that mods give is more options, choises and such to people. But graphic, animation and sound improving mods are mods too, so you should not just totally go "Mods are evil" because well they are not. So many good things have come out of modding, like I pointed Natural Selection, Counter-Strike and even Day Z. So it would be bit rude to just stomp on the modding community and tell them to bugger off just because some people are afraid of some people enjoying game in different manner somewhere else.

The number of ignorant, short sighted folks in here is amazing. If people wanted to play the vanilla mod, they'd FUCKING DO IT. They don't, they got bored of it, as is human nature when there is a lack of new content. MODS ARE THE REASON IT LASTED FOR SO LONG FOR MANY PEOPLE.

• Like 1

Would rather play a day z origins version of this game right now than wait.

And no I don't want to download arma 2 again.

The number of ignorant, short sighted folks in here is amazing. If people wanted to play the vanilla mod, they'd FUCKING DO IT. They don't, they got bored of it, as is human nature when there is a lack of new content. MODS ARE THE REASON IT LASTED FOR SO LONG FOR MANY PEOPLE.

Mods are the reason we have a 3/4 community of coasties. I wanted to play the vanilla mod, but you know what's boring? playing by yourself. Give people the option to start with military gear and easy access to cars, alot of them will take it, and then everyone else will join because they don't want to play on low population servers. It has nothing to do with "if they wanted to play vanilla they'd do it" because people are going to follow the crowd, and the crowd is fucking retarded.  

Point me to a server that doesn't give you everything off the start. Most people don't care about mods improving graphics, animations and sounds. Most are worried about the mods handing weapons and vehicles out like candy

^ this is why no mods. Not because good mods don't exist, but because server owners can't be trusted to keep things from becoming a deathmatch in a bid to get more players. There are a hell of a lot of CoD kiddies out there, and it's easier to give the preteens and shitheads the game they want rather than make them learn how to play the game they bought. 

I don't think anyone who voted "no" doesn't like mods or doesn't appreciate what mods have to offer. But rather, saw the pile of shit most private hives turned vanilla into, and are scared that it will end up the same way. 

if mods improve zombie ai, animations and add in a load of content, why didn't any servers run those mods? Because from memory, none of them fucking did. 

Edited by Capo
  • Like 1

I like how people keep pulling up the "Well, you don't have to play the mod then, go play your vanilla game hurdurhuehue!" The reason me and others (at least I hope) hate it, is because it thins out the community so badly which causes too much variety. Sometimes you can't have 50 items on the food menu....10-20 can do just fine. Whatever though, were just beating a dead horse. (Off-topic->) I especially hate it though when people say people like us don't know how the PC world works...LOL I have been modding myself since UT99 and never EVER did those mods destroy the community. I just had to get that off my chest. ^-^

• Like 1

After a few DLC and a year or so after the DLC then we get modding, a good plan to keep the game fresh for quite some time.

Have to say modding kept the original dayZ mod alive.

Have to say modding kept the original dayZ mod alive.

kept the original dayZ mod on life support*. It wasn't dayz by the end of it, that's the problem. 

Do you play a bandit or hero or?

I play survivor, meaning either at any given time, the object of the game is to stay alive. relevance to thread? 

I like how people keep pulling up the "Well, you don't have to play the mod then, go play your vanilla game hurdurhuehue!" The reason me and others (at least I hope) hate it, is because it thins out the community so badly which causes too much variety. Sometimes you can't have 50 items on the food menu....10-20 can do just fine. Whatever though, were just beating a dead horse. (Off-topic->) I especially hate it though when people say people like us don't know how the PC world works...LOL I have been modding myself since UT99 and never EVER did those mods destroy the community. I just had to get that off my chest. ^-^

If it thins it out, then it wasn't compelling enough to keep them there. I played the sniper maps and other of UT99 mods, like that HUGE low gravity level where you jumped WAY up into the air -that im trying to find video of since i think i'd make a good "starter" game for the Oculus Rift.

If you guys don't think mods offer any improvements, well im calling ignorance. You've tried Origins, with the sector B island? You seen the super well made Tavania map? You've seen Namalsk, where its snowing?

Capo said people are tempted by the larger starting menu. But im opposed to that, yet i still like the mods better. Fuck i play in 3D and its amazingly immersive, making DayZ look like a holodeck and i get bored of running around exploring. Things become a known quantity and there are no more surprises in store for you and you know it.

Edited by Thane

I am not saying mods offer no improvements but I am worried about it becoming/dying like the DayZ mod. Also your referring to maps, I am not worried about extra maps. :3 

Edited by DJ SGTHornet
  • Like 1

Like why do people care if these "CoD kiddies" go away. I would be bloody glad if they would flock into some of their own deathmatch servers. And if the base game is interesting enough it will keep the playerbase up there should be no worry right? So no, there should be no stomping out chance on mods as they can and will bring some improvements, and quite frankly those extra maps come off from the ability to mod the game, they are modification to the game.

Wow. You leave the forum for one day and when you come back the thread has like 160 replies. Amazing...  :|

I don't really agree or disagree with modding, modding is kind of what Real Virtuality do, lots of good things come from modding, even DayZ itself. However there are also lots of lazy and bad things, like modding a survival mod to have AS-50 starter gear and functioning vehicles everywhere you look.

It's not that I dislike modding, but rather that I enjoy and support the original vision of DayZ and without DayZ mod, we really wouldn't have seen all these DayZ-mod-mods that lifted the DayZ mod's code and it's UI and then turned it into something Team Fortress 2ish.

I am not saying mods offer no improvements but I am worried about it becoming/dying like the DayZ mod. Also your referring to maps, I am not worried about extra maps. :3 

Strange those maps are mods so you just want to limit what can be modded then just the stuff you like??? easy answer make the mod yourself put it out for other people if they like it they will play it.

You worry about the game dying because of mods?? strange mods have added longevity to many many games ( are they still being played in there vanila state yeah in small amounts but people are playing the game they have to buy the base game to play the mod we aint killing shit.

What i hear is that maybe not enough people playing the game will want to play it the way you want ??? thats life mate if mods end up having bigger populations in them than vanila your choice is play vanila and hope more people join in or try out the mod people are playing ( you never know you may like it)

I dont know why i keep replying in this thread maybe its because i am a modder oh and the guy above who says he has modded that other game pointing out he has done it for ages but suddenly for this game he is against it HONESTLY why ???? if you mod you mod to put things in you like YOU LIKE doesnt mean other will to but sometimes they do and they become popular so many new games have come out of modded versions of games Dayz being one example counter strike another.

I believe you are not a modder because i cant see how a modder would be against modding does not makee sense to me but thats just me....

I would love a hardcore realism mod with insane difficulty.

Here is my biggest wish also to be honest i think dayz vanila is being watered down no offence to the vocal majority screaming more loot more loot, i want it harder i want survival to be a battle....

Answer ill mod it to fit how i want it harder much HARDER i will play it hopefully others will to if not then it dies a natural death not because a bunch of closed minded people want to hold one modders work sacred( rocket is was a modder yes i know he works for bis but he is a self confessed modder lol )

Edited by SoulFirez

I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to mods - I just don't want to deal with the annoying version inconsistencies etc. If modding were simple and easy to apply like with Steam Workshop access then yeah, I'm for it.

I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to mods - I just don't want to deal with the annoying version inconsistencies etc. If modding were simple and easy to apply like with Steam Workshop access then yeah, I'm for it.

The Steam Workshop's licence is absolutely disgusting.

You grant to Valve the following rights, which Valve may exercise or not in its sole discretion:

a. You grant to Valve a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, assignable right and license to [a] use, copy, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, modify, and create derivative works from Your Contribution in any media, identify You as the source of the Contribution, and [c] sublicense these rights, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.

Edited by Gews
  • Like 1

Strange those maps are mods so you just want to limit what can be modded then just the stuff you like??? easy answer make the mod yourself put it out for other people if they like it they will play it.

You worry about the game dying because of mods?? strange mods have added longevity to many many games ( are they still being played in there vanila state yeah in small amounts but people are playing the game they have to buy the base game to play the mod we aint killing shit.

What i hear is that maybe not enough people playing the game will want to play it the way you want ??? thats life mate if mods end up having bigger populations in them than vanila your choice is play vanila and hope more people join in or try out the mod people are playing ( you never know you may like it)

I dont know why i keep replying in this thread maybe its because i am a modder oh and the guy above who says he has modded that other game pointing out he has done it for ages but suddenly for this game he is against it HONESTLY why ???? if you mod you mod to put things in you like YOU LIKE doesnt mean other will to but sometimes they do and they become popular so many new games have come out of modded versions of games Dayz being one example counter strike another.

I believe you are not a modder because i cant see how a modder would be against modding does not makee sense to me but thats just me....

I'm 100% sure you're misinterpreting him. He's worried about the core game dying to mods that make the game easier because let's face it, majority of players will take the path of least resistance. Look at WoW after the add on invasion. You couldn't even play the core game without being deemed a scrub.

If you give people an option of pure survival, or straight PVP..they're going to head to the servers where there are more barracks than barns.

That's DayZ. Everyone wants high end gear and doesn't want to work for it.

I'm 100% sure you're misinterpreting him. He's worried about the core game dying to mods that make the game easier because let's face it, majority of players will take the path of least resistance. Look at WoW after the add on invasion. You couldn't even play the core game without being deemed a scrub.

Yeah you could be right on that one i look at modding in a more purists sense so i guess i defend it as such. But indeed there is a risk of this people will head to the easy option ( no changing there mentality its something they have to decide for themselves.)

But the people who move to these easier options are usually the same people who get bored of games and move onto the newest latest craze your going to loose most of these people any way .

Dayz is getting huge popularity and its strange when it was made by rocket as a niche game a game not for everyone an anti game ( all his words maybe slightly paraphrased lol ) and yet people are screaming to stop modding so that everyone is forced to play there way its strange when some of the same people want to thave there choice in the game how they play i see double standards every where lol maybe time for a break from forums lol ...

Yeah you could be right on that one i look at modding in a more purists sense so i guess i defend it as such. But indeed there is a risk of this people will head to the easy option ( no changing there mentality its something they have to decide for themselves.)

But the people who move to these easier options are usually the same people who get bored of games and move onto the newest latest craze your going to loose most of these people any way .

Dayz is getting huge popularity and its strange when it was made by rocket as a niche game a game not for everyone an anti game ( all his words maybe slightly paraphrased lol ) and yet people are screaming to stop modding so that everyone is forced to play there way its strange when some of the same people want to thave there choice in the game how they play i see double standards every where lol maybe time for a break from forums lol ...

I'm not personally against modding as long as it's not to benefit the players who just want things handed to them