Sign in to follow this  
GustavMatyr

SUGGESTIONS FROM A NEW PLAYER

Hi, im a new player to Dayz, and would like to make a few suggestions to help make this game the best it can be. 

here goes..

SHOOTING ON SIGHT

I think shooting on sight is a problem in this game (when everyone is doing it), especially for players that do not like that type of gameplay. Shooting on sight makes the game feel like its just a pvp game with a few zombies in it.

One thing that would not promote this gameplay style is having the world NPC enemies pose an actual threat that when you see a player you would want to team up or just leave him be so the monsters can get him instead of you so you can escape. .post-186096-0-08203100-1389243340_thumb.  Another thing is players get bored when thier bags are full of goods, and they don't really need to loot anymore. So right now the only thing to do is player kill or log out since there is nothing to do. 

THREATENING ENEMIES

Zombies dont really pose a threat since you can run away from them. Making your character tire out from running from zombies would be ideal, and would create more strategic gameplay choices. DO you run from zombies in an open field and get tired? Or do you run in a town so the zombie can lose sight of you? Both are dangerous.

Killing zombies with an axe should have a chance for the axe to get stuck in the zombies head making you think twice about doing it if there are more than one zombie around. Would you have enough time to pull it out in time before the other zombie gets you? Shooting zombies from a distance should alert other zombies to you through sound, so sometimes would be best to avoid them if your not spotted. 

I think the game needs a higher quantity and variety of enemies . We need Mutated zombies, Zombie Bears, Zombie Tigers, Zombie Alligators, Zombie Anacondas and Zombie Dogs. Also more dangerous wild life and critters like piranhas, sharks, poisonous snakes , scorpions, Spiders etc. 

post-186096-0-43460100-1389243298_thumb.

HOME 

In a realistic situation after looting, players would always have a place to call home, wherever it might be. In dayz, your contantly on the move which question why am i looting? am i looting just to survive to loot some more? Im at a point in the game where my bag is full of goodies, and at this point i would like to head to the mountains to create a home, craft, and loot again when i need more supplies. 

I would like to be able to find an abandoned shack and board it up, install locks on the doors so that players and zombies cannot enter unless broken into which makes a lot of noise. You can even hand out keys to your friends. 

INDOORS  

When creating a world, the biggest part of immersion is atmosphere, especially when indoors. In DayZ being indoors still kind of feels like your still outside. There need to be more detail when it comes to houses. We should be able to open cabinets, drawers, and refrigerators finding random goods, Each house should tell a story visually about what happened. 

<---- Example

Being indoors should have options to lock doors, or even wedge items in front of it to keep creatures out. I would love for the game to have potential situations where your trapped in the house because zombies are surrounding the area trying to get in. 

post-186096-0-43401000-1389243301_thumb.

FEED OFF THE LAND

Exploring desolate areas should be rewarding, and dangerous . Apple Trees, Mushrooms, Pumpkins, Coconuts etc should be some of the things players should find when exploring. The world needs to be more interactive and have a higher level of atmosphere

post-186096-0-04356900-1389243305_thumb.

TEAMING UP (Friends list)

I think a Teaming UP feature is a necessity to tell friends apart from others, even if done very simple. Maybe a blue dot over friends head, or when hovering the crosshair over friends it shows their name very subtle in blue.  The games clothing feature isnt enough, in reality you can tell a friend just by how they move, run, body shape etc., but in a game everyone runs the same and uses the same style clothing. This feature would just be that added realistic awareness of friends. 

post-186096-0-43460100-1389243298_thumb.

post-186096-0-43401000-1389243301_thumb.

post-186096-0-04356900-1389243305_thumb.

post-186096-0-08203100-1389243340_thumb.

Edited by GustavMatyr
  • Like 1

Why don't you spend some time reading. Most of this is on rockets to do list.

Zombies are being added more and more with better ai

Animals are in the works

Base building is planned.

Check rockets roadmap.

And guess what....

This games a Alpha! It's just been released.

KOS will always be a problem. Nobody has fixed it yet.

It's not your suggestions are bad. It's like you have paid for a full game and have suggestions to make it better. The problem is you haven't paid for the full game. You have paid for an alpha. Your saying this stuff like they should have done it by now...

Edited by strideynet

As the above user said, this in an alpha, many of the ideas you've mentioned are already being implemented. I suggest you look at the DayZ mod for arma2, it has many of the features you've mentioned. It may entertain you while you're waiting for standalone.

Hi, im a new player to Dayz, and would like to make a few suggestions to help make this game the best it can be.

snippity snap

As the above user said, this in an alpha, many of the ideas you've mentioned are already being implemented. I suggest you look at the DayZ mod for arma2, it has many of the features you've mentioned. It may entertain you while you're waiting for standalone.

Confirmed/Upcoming Features for DayZ:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/156129-confirmed-upcoming-features-for-dayz/

some good and fresh points on imersion and gameplay. dont expect to much since its the old arma2 engine and i was surprised how old the standalone feels, but it got me hocked anyways...

some of it is already on the roadmap...

KOS is a playstyle that bothers me also, especially since its not very realistic, shot to the body and instant black screen. its needs a time to death on non leathal hits, bluring bloody screen with less accurancy but still 5-60 seconds time to death, so you can at least take one or two swings or shots at the KOSer.

I hate KOSer and i devoted myself to help ppl. and team up stand up to bandits with KOS practice.

true point that some ppl. turn to hunting PC's since they are bored with the rest!

i really second the home or building part. its on the roadmap but i do hope they implement something like homebuilding but stored with your profile, so you can return to it and gather and craft more and new items.

it should have a security system (locks and keys) that can be brocken with the right combination of tools. so it would not me your unloosable locker!

also the teamup with friends needs to be adressed better

Edited by Spearsbeers

Why don't you spend some time reading. Most of this is on rockets to do list.
Zombies are being added more and more with better ai
Animals are in the works
Base building is planned.
Check rockets roadmap.
And guess what....
This games a Alpha! It's just been released.
KOS will always be a problem. Nobody has fixed it yet.
It's not your suggestions are bad. It's like you have paid for a full game and have suggestions to make it better. The problem is you haven't paid for the full game. You have paid for an alpha. Your saying this stuff like they should have done it by now...

Guess what? i know its alpha, this is why im making suggestions. Am i not in a forum where feedback is given? You act like just because its in Alpha feedback cant be given?

Thats awesome, ill check out the roadmap

Coconuts? Tigers? Piranhas? Where do you think this game takes place?

Possible future maps? in the mod ive seen videos with different types of landscapes 

some good and fresh points on imersion and gameplay. dont expect to much since its the old arma2 engine and i was surprised how old the standalone feels, but it got me hocked anyways...

some of it is already on the roadmap...

KOS is a playstyle that bothers me also, especially since its not very realistic, shot to the body and instant black screen. its needs a time to death on non leathal hits, bluring bloody screen with less accurancy but still 5-60 seconds time to death, so you can at least take one or two swings or shots at the KOSer.

I hate KOSer and i devoted myself to help ppl. and team up stand up to bandits with KOS practice.

true point that some ppl. turn to hunting PC's since they are bored with the rest!

i really second the home or building part. its on the roadmap but i do hope they implement something like homebuilding but stored with your profile, so you can return to it and gather and craft more and new items.

it should have a security system (locks and keys) that can be brocken with the right combination of tools. so it would not me your unloosable locker!

also the teamup with friends needs to be adressed better

I really like he time to death on non lethal hits idea.  Would be awesome to kill the person that shot you. 

Edited by GustavMatyr

Sorry if I sounded sour. But there are so many posts, fixing KOS, and I kinda expected people to read the roadmap as most people have.im as excited as you are but it seems a bit odd to suggest to developers what they are already doing