jasher11

Ammunition/Weapon suggestions

So as you guessed this post is about ammuniton. but by ammunition i mean not less as most other forum post say i want MORE.

well kinda, more types. 

So what happens in a zombie apocalypse?:

will people riot? yes

will riot police be called it? yes

what weapons do riot police use?: NON LETHAL WEAPONS! YAY

• i want non lethal ammunition, for example the 'bean bag' shotgun rounds or rubber slugs, they would make worthy additions to the world of dayz in my opinion and they also fit the setting quite right as i said in the 'what happens in a zombie apocalypse' part.

so heres what i would like to see, all these are possible suggestions

Police baton (whatever they use in russia)

non lethal rounds i.e. bean bag, rubber slugs etc

Maybe tazer?

maybe pepper spray?

Maybe tear gas? for GL

here is a wikipedia related to this topic:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-lethal_weapon

• Another thing is; have you ever played fallout 3/NV? if so you will remember the many different ammuntion types? or many other games for example incendiary rounds, maybe not one for the Cherno wasteland but there are others like FMJ and so one maybe we could see some of those implemented

• Also since when were you a military expert, i didnt realise you could load a coupled 30rnd mags in a split second?

• Finally BB guns and air rifles? maybe? no? fine i'll stop now

please note these are all suggestions and i am open to opinions, i really wanna hear what other players like me think of these ideas

Edited by jasher
  • Like 6

non lethal would be good, the tazer would make a nice little addition to the spawn list. not too keen on non lethal ammo for firearms. may be a bit harder to implament

• Like 1

non lethal would be good, the tazer would make a nice little addition to the spawn list. not too keen on non lethal ammo for firearms. may be a bit harder to implament

non lethal or less than lethal ammo generally applies to shotguns and its still dangerous, it is designed to incapacitate rather than kill so it can give te player a huge shock increase along with a small blood loss so it can still be damaging to hostiles it just wont kill them which in some cases is what you want

none-lethal is already planned and idk about stuff like incendiary ammo.. its not really something you'd see laying around somewhere. 

even in military settlements. 

I see yet another possibilty to grief/hurt/bully other players by tying them on a tree and shooting ltl rounds at them...

none-lethal is already planned and idk about stuff like incendiary ammo.. its not really something you'd see laying around somewhere. 

even in military settlements. 

maybe not incendiary but something like FMJ or other types are fairly realistic? i dont know but maybe it can be a feature

As a Hero/Survivor player I would love non-lethal weaponary to stun/knock out Bandits or other players I don't necessarily want to kill   

Though i don't see much possibilities to using such weapons in DayZ yet, however IF something is coming, then this gun seems to fit, somewhat.
Soviet riot shotgun KS-23 (KC-23) , 23 mm rifled barrel shotgun.
This weapon uses various ammunition - buckshot, rubber bullet, plastic bullet, tear gas etc etc.

312v3f4.jpg

Here you see it in Arma 2 (albeit with annoying music)

• Like 1

Would love to see some riot police gear in-game, vests and helmets and all that.

I personally want to see hunting "hollow/soft point ammo" and FMJ/AP military ammunition.

Edited by Tyockell18

I see yet another possibilty to grief/hurt/bully other players by tying them on a tree and shooting ltl rounds at them...

That's what makes it so great.

I personally want to see hunting "hollow/soft point ammo" and FMJ/AP military ammunition.

thats what i was getting at with the second point, i didnt actually mean incendiary rounds i just couldnt think of any others, but hollow and softpoint yeah. And for shotguns definitely buckshots, slugs, flechette  etc

Though i don't see much possibilities to using such weapons in DayZ yet, however IF something is coming, then this gun seems to fit, somewhat.

Soviet riot shotgun KS-23 (KC-23) , 23 mm rifled barrel shotgun.

This weapon uses various ammunition - buckshot, rubber bullet, plastic bullet, tear gas etc etc.

312v3f4.jpg

Here you see it in Arma 2 (albeit with annoying music)

after looking up the KS-23 on wikipedia, i found out: it is russian, fires 2 types of LTL rounds, tear gas, grenades, ''Barricade: cartridge with solid steel projectile able to destroy the engine block of a car at up to 100 meters''. (as an anti-vehicle weapon) and it also fires blanks, training rounds and flashbangs.

it is almost the perfect weapon no? well anyways i would love to see it ingame

As a Hero/Survivor player I would love non-lethal weaponary to stun/knock out Bandits or other players I don't necessarily want to kill   

agreed :) Thats kinda what i was thinking about, being able to knock out players that attack me, disarm them and then leave without killing

i had used the search function in the suggestions forum, so im not sure why those didnt show up? if they had i wouldnt have posted this topic though :)

Just type in less than lethal and search (Forums) also not to go to far off topic, as a medic I support this suggestions vastly to carry out my characters life without having to kill when I need to evade.

Edited by Steak and Potatoes

Just type in less than lethal and search (Forums) also not to go to far off topic, as a medic I support this suggestions vastly to carry out my characters life without having to kill when I need to evade.

ahh okay i typed non lethal but whatever :) i also play as a recruit medic so i try not to kill, unless they shoot first

• Like 1

ahh okay i typed non lethal but whatever :) i also play as a recruit medic so i try not to kill, unless they shoot first

TMW?

TMW?

yeah :) are you TMW, RRF or just Solo medic?

Edited by jasher

Ooh, I like the idea of non-lethal rounds for shotguns. For example, beanbag rounds could knock a player unconscious for a few minutes. The aggressor could then take some of their kit without having to kill the other person. I'd certainly prefer to be knocked unconscious and lose some of my kit than be killed and lose all of it.

• Also since when were you a military expert, i didnt realise you could load a coupled 30rnd mags in a split second?

To add to this, reloading an empty mag does take a minute and it should take a minute. Speed loaders and stripper clips would be a nice addition across all weapon platforms. Especially weapons like the m4 where a clear advantage would be had being able to zip 30 rounds into a mag vs hand loading every round. Being able to reload an empty stripper clip for later speed loads would be nice as well.

I would like to see the ammo boxes take magazines as well as loose ammo.

I think CS gas/tear gas. And maybe whatever the hell the Russians used for the Moscow siege (the mostly knock out gas) would be a great addition, gas masks would have a point... either through a 40mm or grenades... those pepper ball paint ball guns would be kinda mean in close too for non lethal.

• Like 1