PapaSchlumpf

Stuck in a building

Hi there,

I'm stuck in a building and can't get out the usual way by running against the walls and pressing v or proning out. I was trying this for a long long time at every wall and corner. Some other players even tried to shoot me while i was in there.

I'll attach some screenshots of my situation. On one of them you can see a TV inside the bulding: I got stuck when i tried to pick up some loot from the top of it. I instantly got teleported behind the wall when i opened my inventory. Maybe this information helps to fix the bug.

May some game admin be so kind and reset my character so i can play DayZ again?

(This game needs a reset character button)

Thanks

post-185524-0-67194200-1389043186_thumb.

post-185524-0-47696400-1389043189_thumb.

It's fairly simple to fix:

Walk to the edge (not just a wall) and press "V" to vault and you're out. Might need a couple of tries, but then you should be fine. :)

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 1

I am in the exact same boat. Is there a way to kill myself or anything? I have no loot on me and I'm healthy (JUST spawned minutes before this happened to me in Solnichny). They need to incorporate some sort of suicide command. 

Had this happen a few times recently. Managed to extricate myself by sprinting full speed at a wall and continuing to sprint at the point forward movement stops. Helps if there is no objects around on the opposite side of the barrier to push you back. I think you then just wait for a little lag spike and the client/server resync teleport does the rest. Can take a few minutes or so to work. A high pop server helps a bit too, so log into one of those.

Anyway, its a lot quicker than waiting to die of thirst or starvation!