cataclyststa

Finding a Mosin

Hi guys, I've been playing the SA since release and now I'm starting to notice more and more players with the "Mosin" I don't know why, maybe the spawn rate has increased.

But anyway I'll get down to my question here.

I was just wondering if anyone is able to help me out? Like I said I have been playing since release, daily, and I have yet to find a "Mosin" in the past week or so. I look everywhere for them, Millitary bases, Airfields, and towns, I just can't seem to find one! Can someone please help me out and direct me to the place that they have had best luck at or at least give me a hint?

I've found mine in one of the grey two story houses, they seem to be civilian spawns. Just keep looking and good luck

That's the reason you're never finding any. If you keep searching military spawns you'll find everything BUT a Mosin.

You can find those in residential and farmbuildings. :)

• Like 2

Probably seeing so many people using them because you can actually hit people with them past 150 meters without wasting half a magazine.

That's the reason you're never finding any. If you keep searching military spawns you'll find everything BUT a Mosin.

You can find those in residential and farmbuildings. :)

well I do look in civilian spawns and stuff, which is where I found the only one I have seen spawned.

I found my first Mosin on a dead body, not going to lie.

But check civilian spawns, not military spawns.

Am I the only person who found one in a barrack?

I never did, it's possible that some dude dropped it there as he found an M4.

Hi guys, I've been playing the SA since release and now I'm starting to notice more and more players with the "Mosin" I don't know why, maybe the spawn rate has increased.

I was just wondering if anyone is able to help me out? Like I said I have been playing since release, daily, and I have yet to find a "Mosin" in the past week or so. I look everywhere for them, Millitary bases, Airfields, and towns, I just can't seem to find one! Can someone please help me out and direct me to the place that they have had best luck at or at least give me a hint?

Don't look for mosins in Military bases and Airfields, I have NEVER seen them spawn in those places.

I do tend to find them in pretty random places in large towns. I think the most common places I see them are in the close together apartment complexes.

You should still look in military areas for the Long Range Scope, and maybe the bipod if you cant find one in normal towns

The only time i found a mosin in a mil base was when i was looking around and it had a PU, bipod and was loaded. That definitely meant it was dropped by a player  as no weapon spawns with random attachments and ammo yet.

Cars, Barns, Red brick buildings with the archway to one door and Schools are your best bet for a mosin, ammo is found in mil spawns though along with attachments.

Check schools. I was hopping servers for Mosin ammo (inb4 QQ) and I found about 6 Mosins out of the ~10 servers I checked.

Thank mwa later.

I saw one today in Rog at the top floor of the center tower but it had spawned under the floor so I couldn't loot it. Rather annoying since I had found 2 different sight attachments for a Mosin,but thats how it goes lol

Found one in a civilian house on a shelf (single house in the middle of a field). Also found two more in farm buildings (the greyish long ones).

Am I the only person who found one in a barrack?

probably from someone droping it to take an m4 lol.

civilian spawn i have had tons of them places i have had the most luck finding them the orange looking building that has the stair way to an un openable dor that has the 2 rooms attached to each other the top of the office/school building and i mean the top climb ladder to very top that usually has a good spawn on it.

I found two in cars at Novy Sobor.

Novy Sobor in my opinion is a great place to try and find them as you seem to see a lot of residential spawns with low player interest.

I can confirm three frequent spawn points.

1. Grey GAZ-24 "Volga" cars.

2. Shelf in the lobby of a two story building with a concert piano.

3. Third floor shelf in 'school' buildings.

It's almost guaranteed to spawn in the school in Elektro if it hasn't been looted already.  Unless you're on a low pop server, expect people to try and kill you in Elektro.