Stru

Port Forwarding? (Server Interaction Issues)

Hey DayZ Forums, I'm having trouble communicating with ANY server I connect to. When I first purchased the game, it was working just fine. All of the sudden, tonight my internet is having a hard time communicating with the server. When I join the server, I spawn in and can move around just fine but cannot interact with the map at all. I cannot withdraw items from my inventory into my hands other than my flashlight, yet my flashlight cannot turn on (I get the option to, but when I try and click "turn on" nothing happens. Just like my sex life). I cannot open doors, I cannot pick up items, or interact with the map in any other way. Apparently, when my friend and I spawn together I'm standing still or lagging on his screen when I'm moving just fine on mine. Also, 9/10 times this happens I get the red broken chain link icon.

My friend and I are playing together and he is able to play just fine (with normal bugs obviously), however when I join the server he claims he starts to lag as soon as I join. He can connect and interact just fine, but I seem to have all of these issues that don't seem to be apparent with anyone else. I've tried resetting both my modem and router, I've also set up a DMZ on my IP address through my router. Are there possibly specific ports I have to forward? Could it be a possibility that other people in the house are hogging all of my internet bandwith and I don't have sufficient speed to interact with the server?

Please help as soon as possible and thanks in advance. This is becoming heavily frustrating. I could play through the bugs and glitches, but the fact that I can't even connect to anything in the game is really forcing me to think I wasted my money.

Sounds like a bandwith problem.

One way to get around this is the re-ping the server (by clicking on it) and if the ping changes by more than 20, find a different one.

My internet sucks (low bandwith) and this is how I can sometimes get in a server.

EDIT:

ALSO: Don't move, it'll lag you further.

ALSO ALSO: If your hot bar appears, and you still can't open doors 30 secconds after that, then you are completely disconnected from the server. Leave and find a new one.

Edited by Shadow Slayer
  • Like 1

Still having the issues. I'm almost positive that it is a port issue with my modem and/or my router. If I can just figure out what ports this game uses, I'll be able to repair the issue myself. Any way I could find this information? Google is far from helping.