Hero of Suburbia

20 Plus Million Dollars Later...

You lot make me laugh, it's Sunday morning and we've just been testing.

it's Sunday morning and we've just been testing.

Devs and all.

Sunday bloody Sundays, no peace for the wicked !

Sunday...Seventh Day...God finished the work he had done... DayZ is completed and bug free.  

Also, half life 3 confirmed. 

No matter what, their holidays were already planned. Arma 3 dev team is on holiday till the 14th of January, I guess is nearly the same for the others devs team at Bis offices.

A lot of player are starting to be too impatient...

I realize that this is in the alpha stage, but with such rapid sales and inflow of cash I think we as gamers deserve to know what's going on behind the scenes. I.e. more information on updates and ongoing projects that a more specific than; zombies: an ongoing project. Does anyone else agree?

No the game selling well doesn't entitle you, or me, or anyone, to anything. your logic is flawed they owe us nothing other than what they have already provided as we bought into the alpha agreeing to the warnings, i'm sick of people assuming that game sales reflect onto the game NO game sales (once initial costs are met) are profit this is what the investors paid for, to make money! the game already has a budget and the dev team work within that predetermined budget.

Again to clarify game sales DO NOT go back into the game! 

However it selling well may mean they will increase the games budget if they feel they can milk the product for more money, people really need to learn how business work.

This might seem blunt / harsh but people post this same thing every day under some weird delusion that the money goes back into the game and they completely disregard the costs of game development itself marketing / steams cut / free lancing / power bills / equipment / rent / programs / outsourcing / etc / etc, if the money went back into the game it would be a very unsuccessful business.

Jup, the devs are lazy pricks, 2week holidays... O, wait, this just in:

Change Log - 0.30.113953

5 JANUARY - HICKS_206

New:

Design: Balancing of player spawns (ongoing)

Server: Dead player cleanup (time based)

Design: M9130 Bayonet can now open cans

Server: BattlEye Anti-Cheat (Client as well)

Server: Initial implementation for Sub-Private Hives (ongoing)

Server: Initial implementation for regular & hardcore Public Hive

Fixed:

Server: Dedicated Server crash related to player skeleton

Server: Player location rubberbanding (ongoing)

Server: Large delay in item manipulation and "inventory tetris"

ps: out of 800k ppl buyin into the game ya have to expect som duches

Jup, the devs are lazy pricks, 2week holidays... O, wait, this just in:

Change Log - 0.30.113953

5 JANUARY - HICKS_206

New:

Design: Balancing of player spawns (ongoing)

Server: Dead player cleanup (time based)

Design: M9130 Bayonet can now open cans

Server: BattlEye Anti-Cheat (Client as well)

Server: Initial implementation for Sub-Private Hives (ongoing)

Server: Initial implementation for regular & hardcore Public Hive

Fixed:

Server: Dedicated Server crash related to player skeleton

Server: Player location rubberbanding (ongoing)

Server: Large delay in item manipulation and "inventory tetris"

I was kinda hoping the last line was in the actual dev update :)

• Like 2

This is very true, one may expect there to be some douches but liking it is a different story.  ;)

Exactly, people keep saying, "let them enjoy the holiday" well how much fucking time do you need off work? I had 4 days...

i dont know what your job is. but i am working under immense pressure, like the devs did before christmas to get the game out for you(overhours and stuff, sometimes 2 or 3 in the morning). I can tell you, 4 days is a joke :P you need at least 2 weeks off to regenerate. especially when you work in another country for over a year.

Edited by Sloddor
  • Like 2

Can we all get something straight? They've sold 20 million dollars worth of units(the game). I'm pretty sure that doesn't immediately equate into profit...

the money isn't going to speed things up, its going to make them more ambitious, the project will become larger in scope and depth and will take longer. I'm fine with that.

• Like 1

Steam Workshop and community involvement in development could be extremely helpful in keeping DayZ on top of the survival-horror genre. In fact, I think it is essential, otherwise DayZ will eventually be overtaken by competitors.

Holidays are ending, patience. Updates would be nice.

Sit, sit..sit. Now stay.

Good dog.

holidays have been over for what, 2 weeks now...

I like how people take 1 day, which is christmas, and stretch it into a LONNNNNGGGGGG month

Stop drinking coffee, start coding  :(

Exactly, people keep saying, "let them enjoy the holiday" well how much fucking time do you need off work? I had 4 days...

So far I had ten days - four more to come :-)

Edited by icedon

I realize that this is in the alpha stage, but with such rapid sales and inflow of cash I think we as gamers deserve to know what's going on behind the scenes. I.e. more information on updates and ongoing projects that a more specific than; zombies: an ongoing project. Does anyone else agree?

Patch notes is all we need to know.

Anything else will just cause the community to bitch more.

These guys are the professional developers, not us.  Thus, they know what's best and what needs to be addressed first.  Such as stability issues.

And if I had to guess, with that new budget they most likely have they will hire additional coders.  Which takes time, but will help the process in the long run.

We're not even a month into the SA EA Alpha release are we?  They've already patched the hell out of this game and addressed hundreds of bugs (and probably even more we didn't know about).

Just give them time.  This game is a cash cow, they'll want to feed her.

As long as theres solution and hope for the hacker issues, I see no problem even if Devs take 1 year break.

I don't understand why no one agrees with me on this.

Because you sound like a bitch.

You have five pages of reasons why nobody agrees with you.

Edited by MR DELICIOUS
  • Like 1

Because you sound like a bitch.

You have five pages of reasons why nobody agrees with you.

Seems like he never stood under heavy pressure, work wise.

I don't understand why no one agrees with me on this.

Because the vast majority of DayZ gamers are blindly devoted to the game, Rocket.& Co. If you came to the Day Z forums and expected rational, critical discussion regarding flaws in this game then you were dreadfully mistaken.

• Like 1

I enjoyed the developer vlog on Deans youtube account, but they ended before the alpha started.  I learned a lot from them as he explained about the features they were working on.  I've love to have monthly vlogs about recent updates to the alpha to keep us "in the loop".  For the $30 we paid, I'm sure we'd all appreciate it. 

The ignorance of those who don't work in the IT industry is fucking hilarious. People think that all we do is roll our face across the keyboard and shit out a few lines of code to make things happen. What they've managed to do in the time that they've had is fucking huge, to expect more is fucking retarded.

Take you'd time devs, the non-fucktards among us know just how hard you're working and appreciate it very much.

Edited by Solipsist
  • Like 2

Steam Workshop and community involvement in development could be extremely helpful in keeping DayZ on top of the survival-horror genre. In fact, I think it is essential, otherwise DayZ will eventually be overtaken by competitors.

Yeah Steam Workshop for DayZ would be great but...uh...which competitors?  Warz/Infestation or Nether?  Nope.  Imitators try it but the fans don't buy it...as I would say is evidenced by the sales figures.  There are tons of survival/zombie games out there, which is fine but DayZ fills a very specific niche and they're obviously doing something right.