airparis1

Where is the danger?

Hi

i just bought DayZ SA; I'm at 8 hours playing time now.

I have got an axe, a rifle without ammo and tons of food (+can opener) and infinite drinking around the forest zones.

The last few days i encountered maybe 3-5 people (everyone harmless because the droprates are bullshit. i can tell because i was never at military loot spawns) - i got my rifle of a corpse, never found a pistol or rifle EVER!

So... where is the thrill? Wait 100 years to see an armed guy (i know well that dayz is a patience game)?

The main problem i see is.... THERE ARE NO ZOMBIES LOL. The main idea of this game was a zombie survival game, no? I see soooo less zombies (not to mention the KI, i guess this is in progress)

I didn't have to prone one single time, because i barely see -one single- zombie in a village. The one zombie, who protects another tons of food, is a one-shot kill by the axe.

Really in the DayZ mod, when i was still fresh and unarmed i always shit my pants when i heared the zombie gnarls etc because they saw me although i was crouching around; i ran for my life. But now ? There is nothing.

What is the content you guys are playing all the time?

I can't imagine playing another hour in this game besides fighting the military-base-server-hoppers (as enemies). why? because i already did beat the game.........

I really loved the dayZ mod, please help me find the fun again.

Best regards

Air-paris

Edited by air-paris

Currently zombies are only generated from server restart. They plan on adding spawning eventually.

For fun, do what everyone else does: Go to the coast and kill or save the newspawns.

You could go to Elektro and look for Johnny Derp. I hear he needs a friend.

• Like 5

Mate I ran into loads of zombies the other day when I dispatched one there were more running towards me. Remember though this is alpha version so its a waiting game until complete

Hi

i just bought DayZ SA; I'm at 8 hours playing time now.

I have got an axe, a rifle without ammo and tons of food (+can opener) and infinite drinking around the forest zones.

The last few days i encountered maybe 3-5 people (everyone harmless because the droprates are bullshit. i can tell because i was never at military loot spawns) - i got my rifle of a corpse, never found a pistol or rifle EVER!

So... where is the thrill? Wait 100 years to see an armed guy (i know well that dayz is a patience game)?

The main problem i see is.... THERE ARE NO ZOMBIES LOL. The main idea of this game was a zombie survival game, no? I see soooo less zombies (not to mention the KI, i guess this is in progress)

I didn't have to prone one single time, because i barely see -one single- zombie in a village. The one zombie, who protects another tons of food, is a one-shot kill by the axe.

Really in the DayZ mod, when i was still fresh and unarmed i always shit my pants when i heared the zombie gnarls etc because they saw me although i was crouching around; i ran for my life. But now ? There is nothing.

What is the content you guys are playing all the time?

I can't imagine playing another hour in this game besides fighting the military-base-server-hoppers (as enemies). why? because i already did beat the game.........

I really loved the dayZ mod, please help me find the fun again.

Best regards

Air-paris

You should of done your homework a bit more and waited to buy the SA maybe 3 to 6 months down the road.

Features will be implemented over time so maybe since you did buy it now, put it down and come back in a few months.

ok, i catch myself recently becoming the condescending grumpy old man my kids never wanted me to be, so a serious answer:

currently. i explore most of the time. look for new items, look what can be combined, for example i found a gas stove, a gas container and a cooking pot. can i combine them to cook food? do i need matches to ignite it? are the matches in the game yet? ( i havent found any). i explore the new buildings, (also glitch through them, screenshot the erronous geometry for bug reports, because ya know, alpha). as a medic, i also explore the new, extensive medical options - medicine, blood types, iv, whats already implemented, what is there that bears promise for future features, things like that. oh and sometimes, i even get to shoot a fully kitted guy who plays this game as a shooter, and loot him for shits n giggles...

edit: as a word of advice - if you want a fully-featured game, come back in 2015

Edited by e47
  • Like 1

Lol drop rates are the opposite, I am toting an M4 all decked out, a 357, and a .45, with plenty of ammo to last me a while... 300+ for the M4, 60+ for my .45, and about 30 for my .357...

ok, i catch myself recently becoming the condescending grumpy old man my kids never wanted me to be, so a serious answer:

currently. i explore most of the time. look for new items, look what can be combined, for example i found a gas stove, a gas container and a cooking pot. can i combine them to cook food? do i need matches to ignite it? are the matches in the game yet? ( i havent found any). i explore the new buildings, (also glitch through them, screenshot the erronous geometry for bug reports, because ya know, alpha). as a medic, i also explore the new, extensive medical options - medicine, blood types, iv, whats already implemented, what is there that bears promise for future features, things like that. oh and sometimes, i even get to shoot a fully kitted guy who plays this game as a shooter, and loot him for shits n giggles...

edit: as a word of advice - if you want a fully-featured game, come back in 2015

The irony is so strong in your post it makes me sick.

You must think you're so much better than everyone else who plays this game

The game and Steam page actually tells you several times that the game is in Alpha...

inb4 alpha lecture.

Yeah....

The irony is so strong in your post it makes me sick.

You must think you're so much better than everyone else who plays this game

what makes you think that? i am a smartass at times, but this time i returned to the topic because i felt bad for my snappy answer, so i wanted to give an honest answer to OPs question.

I actually dont think anyone is "better" per se. If you enjoy the game and find things to do - great. If you dont enjoy it and find it boring - thats cool too. Its a matter of taste. I am not better than vegetarians because i enjoy meat.

• Like 1

some people forget to read before they buy its a sad thing

some people forget to read before they buy its a sad thing

wrong. Its how capitalism works...he

• Like 1

If you are looking for people go onto a full server and hang out around Electro especially near the Fire Stations, Hostpital, and Sniper Hill during Day Time.

All of that combined took me about two days to experiment with. You don't sound condescending, you sound slow.

It may be an Alpha test but it is paid. You can be certain a large proportion of the current 'testers' won't return. It was foolish to 'release' in this state imo.

When the addition of  a tent would add a whole new level of metagame there is something wrong with content levels. It is barely a game at present, with nothing to do and zero point to anything beyond the first few hours of each life.

Edited by -Morph-

GUYS i know that this is an alpha.

nothing new about this; but path of exile alpha had good content for hours. Starbound is an alpha at the moment too and has shitload of content.

I knew that i would buy an (for the moment) incomplete game, but i didn't expected that it is SO incomplete... since we had a good working pre-version as a mod already!

i was just curious if i'm doing something wrong here, but obviously no one is having fun with this crappy alpha haha.

Come on, even you dayz-lovers (like i was once).... no single person understands why this 'thing' showed up on steam :D help to develop the game? You don't need paying users to see what's wrong with this game. It's far away from the mod level, which i find really poor.

Well so i listen to a poster here...

put it down and come back in a few months.

Edited by air-paris

t obviously no one is having fun with this crappy alpha haha.

I never played the mod, I rarely play games and I never played on-line before. However I just clocked over 70 hours of game play (this is a first for me) Every hour of it has brought me something new and exciting I have never gotten from a game before. Never had more fun in my life on a game, bugs and all and I am only just getting started!

Last I checked, I was having fun :)

• Like 2

It may be an Alpha test but it is paid. You can be certain a large proportion of the current 'testers' won't return. It was foolish to 'release' in this state imo.

Arma 3 was put through the same testing process and it was a huge success, It was buggy as hell when Alpha came out yet it has thriving community.

every project is different, and so are its development stages. alpha is generally the first stage of testing, and before becoming feature-complete. its usually confined to testing teams. in game development, alpha and early access releases have been used loosely and motivated by diverse agendas.
just because the alpha stage of one project actually works, doesnt mean the alpha of another project does. i have been part of projects where alpha code was merely a bunch of source code and libraries, and we had to write our own testbed scripts, as the software had no user interface yet.

i have been reconnecting with several people recently to get their feedback on the standalone alpha, and most - not all of course - enjoy it.

let me be clear: the game at this stage is not functional. it is not a game. it is a raw piece of software, where future potential can be spotted by those who look closely, but thats about it. the people among my friends who, like me, paid for early access to DayZ did so willingly to support development and be a part of it from the start, well knowing that they might not have a functional game for many months to come. if you, or anyone else, thinks its not worth that, thats perfectly fine. you want features comparable to the mod in its current stage? come back in 2015. until then, this game will face many patches, issues, database wipes, data losses, gamebreaking changes that will frustrate all - players and devs alike.

Edited by e47
  • Like 1

GUYS i know that this is an alpha.

nothing new about this; but path of exile alpha had good content for hours. Starbound is an alpha at the moment too and has shitload of content.

I knew that i would buy an (for the moment) incomplete game, but i didn't expected that it is SO incomplete... since we had a good working pre-version as a mod already!

i was just curious if i'm doing something wrong here, but obviously no one is having fun with this crappy alpha haha.

Come on, even you dayz-lovers (like i was once).... no single person understands why this 'thing' showed up on steam :D help to develop the game? You don't need paying users to see what's wrong with this game. It's far away from the mod level, which i find really poor.

Well so i listen to a poster here...

We've been bugging them for over a year to release the game, warts and all. I'm glad they did and it's possible you just don't get it. What a shame for you, personally I'm loving it :)

• Like 1