Intactus

Realistic (SweetFX) lighting preset for Standalone.

Hello there.

I don't know if there are any SweetFX users out there but at least someone had mentioned in another thread earlier...

I also thought Dayz could use some fine tuning for a subtle atmosphere boost and did myself a preset for testing purposes mostly.
You spend long times playing dayz so i thought better to keep it subtle, and the fps already being what it is, it leaves a little headroom for anything fancy... At least on MY rig that is. =) Fps impact should be quite minimal for any decent GPU: My HD7870oc got minus 1-3fps on the main screen, minus 5ish during normal gameplay.

Went for a bit more film-like toning, cooling the shadows and warming up the highlights while trying to get a somewhat grittier look and bringing out those nice textures with subtle hdr-tweaks.. It also emphasizes the games AO effect a bit so you get more bang for those FPS sacrificed for it. :) Came out pretty decent for my tastes. It's probably gonna evolve somewhat down the road and i'd happily post any upgrades if people are interested.

Before / after: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5wsqlirhogztl9f/ozDIqMLf9m#/  (Right click - View original for better quality)

Disclaimer: Use it at your own Discretion. I have no clue about what the VAC really thinks of this, other than the fact that somewhere i have read Steam representative stating that VAC bans known hacks/hacktools, not something like this...

If anyone has better knowledge about this, do share.

You can download the preset file from: https://dl.dropboxus...Intactus_v1.txt

Happy hunting!

• Like 4

Thanks! I've always liked SweetFX in games, also I think it is safe to use.

IS it true that you need to run this in Windowed mode?

I feel like this would make the current night time look like a sunny day....

• Like 1

Even tho SweetFx does nothing to modify game files directly, some anti cheat programs do flag this so be warned

IS it true that you need to run this in Windowed mode?

no you dont have to they recommend you do as if you alt tab out of the game it will crash ( for some reason dayz doesnt use it like every other RV engine game does.)

to the op cool ill check your settings i am a big fan of sweetfx always use it for arma games.

For those worried i have been using it 3 years now in arma in dayz SA in battlefield in total war in war game land air battle civilisation5 assetto corsa and many other online games...Bans i have gotten thus far 0

• Like 1

hmmm interesting did you actually look at his before and after photos??? because his after photos actually appear darker the firstshots those really bright washed out ones guess what there just straight dayz the second version ya know the darker more defined contrast deeper colour shots there sweetfx..

People make me laugh some times see something they dont understand and scream hacker or that will give an advantage etc etc. Engage brain before typing it helps ( i need to take my own advice at times oh do i ever.)

hmmm interesting did you actually look at his before and after photos??? because his after photos actually appear darker the firstshots those really bright washed out ones guess what there just straight dayz the second version ya know the darker more defined contrast deeper colour shots there sweetfx..

People make me laugh some times see something they dont understand and scream hacker or that will give an advantage etc etc. Engage brain before typing it helps ( i need to take my own advice at times oh do i ever.)

This could be because he set it to be darker. I have no experience with SweetFX, but I think it is safe to assume that if it can make things darker, it can also make things lighter. I think it might be one of those times...

no you dont have to they recommend you do as if you alt tab out of the game it will crash ( for some reason dayz doesnt use it like every other RV engine game does.)

Is there a way to run in windowed at 1440 and not see the window? It kind of off putting, how can I fill the screen even in windowed mode?

Cheers

Oh the irony. I said the night would be DARKER.

JUST LIKE THE AFTER PICTURES.

goodness gracious.

goodness gracious.

You didn't though, I sense the sarcasm, but you didn't...

goodness gracious.

Nice try sunshine you clearly dont...  chekovp i can see your reasoning but as it is actually an over lay effect it cant really make it any brighter than it is ( well it can but only by a very small amount )

being an overlay it does and often will with good setting make it darker though .. As for making night brighter why would you want to those of a mind to cheat like that will just use gamma brightness rather than have to close game open files and adjust or swap in a different file to make it brighter ( again it can only brighten ever so slightly)

Oh its biggest flaw being an overlay  is if you use things like razor game booster to monitor fps it will completely remove the fps numbers in the corner...

Edit i now i get  his meaning i am sorry it was done as in if you think its dark at night now it be like sunshine compared to with this lol i apologise it was a misunderstanding there but if you read your first post it can be seen to mean both ways and as most people jump to call using things like this cheating ( why it gives no advantage to user other than his game looks good lol .... That is easily fixed by simply pressing scroll lock key which removes the overlay effect making it normal lighting of dayz which is what i do in arma etc all the time..

Edited by SoulFirez

That looks amazing! For the instagrams out there, looks like one of the filters for the photos. X-Pro filter I think?

Is there a way to run in windowed at 1440 and not see the window? It kind of off putting, how can I fill the screen even in windowed mode?

Cheers

All you can do is stretch the window to fill your screen perfect nope but then i dont use windowed mode.. I never find a need to alt tab out i kinda know the map pretty well so no need to check maps ( besides alt tabing leaves you pretty vunerable)..

The instructions for sweetfx are piss poor and the overall use of it is more of a headache then what it's worth.  For those using Nvidia cards, up your digital vibrance to about 75%.  This will give you a nice picture without having to download silly software.  For AMD users, unfortunately there isn't anything I can find in CCC to simulate digital vibrance.

Edited by Caboose187

The instructions for sweetfx are piss poor and the overall use of it is more of a headache then what it's worth.  For those using Nvidia cards, up your digital vibrance to about 75%.  This will give you a nice picture without having to download silly software.  For AMD users, unfortunately there isn't anything I can find in CCC to simulate digital vibrance.

Some one is not a fan of sweetfx but yeah i can see why having to copy paste the files of sweetfx into the main folder of dayz would be hard to do i mean the right click then choosing copy the select dayz file then right click paste ..

The settings file to modify it yourself can be a headache or you can simply use one that someone like the op made. I have a gtx titan and yeah turning digital vibrance is ok but no where near as good as being able to ulter many of the visual effects of the game to give them a more aunthentic feel...

But hey each to there own no one is forcing people to use it or not to use it but hey to help people decide would you like to compare screenshots you havee made with some i do using sweetfx you put yours up first ill go to same spot etc and we can compare???

Edited by SoulFirez

Some one is not a fan of sweetfx but yeah i can see why having to copy paste the files of sweetfx into the main folder of dayz would be hard to do i mean the right click then choosing copy the select dayz file then right click paste ..

The settings file to modify it yourself can be a headache or you can simply use one that someone like the op made. I have a gtx titan and yeah turning digital vibrance is ok but no where near as good as being able to ulter many of the visual effects of the game to give them a more aunthentic feel...

But hey each to there own no one is forcing people to use it or not to use it but hey to help people decide would you like to compare screenshots you havee made with some i do using sweetfx you put yours up first ill go to same spot etc and we can compare???

Ya, funny, tried and it and DayZ wouldn't even load.  GG.

Ya, funny, tried and it and DayZ wouldn't even load.  GG.

LOL sorry my mistake did forget one step that only applies to Dayz(well of all the games i use it for) for some reason you do need to open your cfg and set vsync to 1 and hdr to 8. a man as capable as yourself can do that yes?? its easier than googling alternatives for amd cards.

Buts still no screenshots ?? are you not so confident that turning digital vibrance up will have as good an effect???

LOL sorry my mistake did forget one step that only applies to Dayz(well of all the games i use it for) for some reason you do need to open your cfg and set vsync to 1 and hdr to 8. a man as capable as yourself can do that yes?? its easier than googling alternatives for amd cards.

Buts still no screenshots ?? are you not so confident that turning digital vibrance up will have as good an effect???

I'm not running Nvidia anymore and yes, digital Vibrance works just as good.  And like I posted before, the instructions for sweetfx are shit and for the average user, they would have zero clue and how to use it.

I'm not running Nvidia anymore and yes, digital Vibrance works just as good.  And like I posted before, the instructions for sweetfx are shit and for the average user, they would have zero clue and how to use it.

I have the use of digit vibrance and i dont think it is that just opinion of someone who has tried both ( wait you cant use either hmm your not making your arguement sound very strong)

I am an average user very average and it took me 5 minutes at most to figure out how to use it for Dayz ( did puzzle me at first due to it is merely a copy paste job with other games)..

It doesnt really bother me either way just your statements where rather biased against something that many in the arma community have used for a long time.... What looks good is personal prefrence there really is no right or wrong answer there is just some tools ( nvidea control panel) that allows a broad adjustment and some (sweetfx) that allow you to change almost every aspect till you find what looks good to you..

Just dont understand the hate is all...

I have the use of digit vibrance and i dont think it is that just opinion of someone who has tried both ( wait you cant use either hmm your not making your arguement sound very strong)

I am an average user very average and it took me 5 minutes at most to figure out how to use it for Dayz ( did puzzle me at first due to it is merely a copy paste job with other games)..

It doesnt really bother me either way just your statements where rather biased against something that many in the arma community have used for a long time.... What looks good is personal prefrence there really is no right or wrong answer there is just some tools ( nvidea control panel) that allows a broad adjustment and some (sweetfx) that allow you to change almost every aspect till you find what looks good to you..

Just dont understand the hate is all...

What hate?  And did you miss the part where I said "anymore".  I was stating that the instructions for sweetfx are garbage and for the average user it would confuse the hell out of them.  Instead, using Nvidia's digital vibrance gives just as good of an effect instead of using an outside program.

Even tho SweetFx does nothing to modify game files directly, some anti cheat programs do flag this so be warned

the 91000 plus users from around north america and the 154000 from europe may not agree and pretty much just a hating comment based on what ( you show me a person banned for using and ill show you one who used it as an excuse cause he was using an actual injector.)

Piss poor yeah thats a comment filled with love isnt it based on what 1 persons in ability to get it to work hey had you asked how do i get this shit to work for dayz i would have happily given you an answer...

You offered an alternative thats a good thing and i would never say digital viberance setting was piss poor because its not but where is the instructions on using that ???

Dont be hating cause you were wrong hey even in this very thread i have had to swallow humble pie when i discovered i had misunderstood someone. The ability to admit your wrong is one of those things that seperates adults from children ...

Edited by SoulFirez

the 91000 plus users from around north america and the 154000 from europe may not agree and pretty much just a hating comment based on what ( you show me a person banned for using and ill show you one who used it as an excuse cause he was using an actual injector.)

Piss poor yeah thats a comment filled with love isnt it based on what 1 persons in ability to get it to work hey had you asked how do i get this shit to work for dayz i would have happily given you an answer...

You offered an alternative thats a good thing and i would never say digital viberance setting was piss poor because its not but where is the instructions on using that ???

Dont be hating cause you were wrong hey even in this very thread i have had to swallow humble pie when i discovered i had misunderstood someone. The ability to admit your wrong is one of those things that seperates adults from children ...

Did I say the software was piss poor? No.  Did I call it silly?  Yes.  Did I say the instructions are piss poor?  No.  Your fighting for the sake of fighting now.    You're the only one hating here because "I" came out with a better alternative to having downloaded software which could result in getting banned.

Edited by Caboose187
  • Like 1