Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev. 0.30.113953

can someone explain this?

I believe you have to look at, and understand just who is doing the "Alpher testing". Its not 'we' the gamers. It is the devs. They need all the data gained from all of us 'play testing' their creation. I believe the 'sub-private hive' would mean, release of hive files, that can be made 'private' but with stipulations, e.g. devs get full access to logs and game meta-data. That data would be invaluable. The making of two different hives, between 'hardcore' and 'regular' also makes good meta-data mining pertaining to the game. These things also have a way of placating issues the 'community' likes to fret and argue about... Just my take

EDIT: Another thought about the splitting of the hives, is the current hive structure is not adequate to handle everything, and/or susceptible to DDoS (and the like) and/or whatever reason its failing due to the high volume of players? No immediate 'fix' in sight? allow the hive to split (splitting the players into more reasonable, ergo playable numbers)?

TL;DR? The devs prolly wouldn't want to split the hive unless there was a compelling reason.

Edited by BelMarduk

there's supposed to eventually be a separate official hardcore hive. they've mentioned things like not being able to hide bodies, but I don't thing that has been implemented yet. whatever 'rules' they come up with, they should be standard for all the servers using that official hardcore hive. if people want to craft their own hardcore rule set, they can do that on private hives

yes

I agree with you there.

I guess I was not communicating properly.

I was talking about even private hives.

I think for the ADMs private hives should have some options on

1 spawn items (how often the server should spawn)
2 set the percentage chance of spawn items
3 set first or third person

I agree with you about having a comeia publishes standard.

This new patch made the lag rubberbanding even worse for me. Got teleported through houses and such stuff.

So, new patch coming and then we will all expectning more problem as before?

I dont care to die because it's an Alpha.

I dont care to redraw numerous time all the road to reach some specific area because it's an Alpha.

But to day i suffered many, many rubberbanding, many TP trought wall and falling from second floor and die, wippied caracter 7 times  when i get back where i wanted to go.

Our server is settled to get restart all 6 hours and it get crashed at least 16 times in less then 10 hours.

I dont care to die whatever is the raison to die ( bug or player )because it's an Alpha.

But Dev launched a patch that causing more problem than before.

It's an alpha ho yeah but may i say than you selling around 900 000 games... You get around 1200 server.

Dont you get enought money to be sure, when you patch something, to get this thing working?

What the point to say " Patch correct this, this " when this is not true?

All the community are trying to support the Dev by bought ALPHA game and bought Alpha server only to support the game.

But so far i'm really offensed about the announce you said and the thing that really coming.

I would like to speak more beterly english to be able to explain exactly what i'm feeling.

But in all case, i guess ALL the community would prefered to get LESS patch but truelly working patch.

Anyway, keep the good work Dev but please, dont argue thats an Alpha to bring us your untested patch that bring more problem than before...

• Like 3

Yeah, I guess the game is lacking real testers to make sure everything mentioned in the patch notes works.

Edited by Bestburg

Servers are a mess right now? No-one I know can get on a stable one at all.

Nice job... After this patch the first thing that happens is that my char gets reset, servers take 4-5 min to join and rubberbanding (which I never expirienced before) is horrible, on a 5 ms server. Totally unplayable right now.

Content-wise DayZ may be an alpha, but this is a 15 year old engine, and it's always been shit at garbage handling.

Being a 15 year old engine isn't a death throw for DayZ SA. They are using the engine as a base for the game but they are already molding the engine around the play style of DayZ. Give it time. It's much quicker to develop a game using an already existing engine as a base than to make a new engine from the ground up.

• Like 1

Yeah, having troubles too.

BattlEye seemed to install OK for me on the Steam standalone -but. Rubber band zombies and what seems like a time-delay on opening doors and making contact hitting things here. I tried to change servers to fix it but got my character progression wiped in the process for some reason.

Hope this helps find a fix eh.

~Alpha is alpha after all.

Guys they are testing things, this is to be expected. They think of some idea that could potentially have huge benefit, they test it, some problems they didnt forsee, they fix it, maybe some more problems etc etc.

Having patches released every day or so and having the amount of data and feedback on every patch really helps the dev team because we are the play testers. and tehre is a hell of a lot of us. So they have more time to fix stuff and have to spend less time recruiting testers, loading the specific private dev build for local multiplayer testing etc if they do this as we are testers it saves a rediculous amount of time to build the game.

I think it is a smart move and will push dayz development much faster than before but dont rage on an alpha, think of your rage as feedback and let the devs know of the bug tracker, help make this game even more awesome..

Nice job... After this patch the first thing that happens is that my char gets reset, servers take 4-5 min to join and rubberbanding (which I never expirienced before) is horrible, on a 5 ms server. Totally unplayable right now.

Same. Server login takes a few minutes, rubberbanding up to 2-3 minutes back (!), no loot seems to spawn and I only hear zombies, I can't see them and they don't seem to be able to hit me. 

Yeah the guy I watch streaming is having trouble and almost given up. Seems a mess just now and that before they get back to stuff that did not work like the sound. Not good when the guys that know the game inside out are saying “I’m not going up any stairs or ladders tonight”

It will all come good, just taken a backward step.

Edited by sav112

Tis a very difficult time to be an alpha tester it seems with everything going on. Nevertheless enjoying it for the most part, still very excited for the potential of the game..

• Like 1

yOU KNOW RUBBERBANDING IS STILL HERE.. 

So, new patch coming and then we will all expectning more problem as before?

I dont care to die because it's an Alpha.

I dont care to redraw numerous time all the road to reach some specific area because it's an Alpha.

But to day i suffered many, many rubberbanding, many TP trought wall and falling from second floor and die, wippied caracter 7 times  when i get back where i wanted to go.

Our server is settled to get restart all 6 hours and it get crashed at least 16 times in less then 10 hours.

I dont care to die whatever is the raison to die ( bug or player )because it's an Alpha.

But Dev launched a patch that causing more problem than before.

It's an alpha ho yeah but may i say than you selling around 900 000 games... You get around 1200 server.

Dont you get enought money to be sure, when you patch something, to get this thing working?

What the point to say " Patch correct this, this " when this is not true?

All the community are trying to support the Dev by bought ALPHA game and bought Alpha server only to support the game.

But so far i'm really offensed about the announce you said and the thing that really coming.

I would like to speak more beterly english to be able to explain exactly what i'm feeling.

But in all case, i guess ALL the community would prefered to get LESS patch but truelly working patch.

Anyway, keep the good work Dev but please, dont argue thats an Alpha to bring us your untested patch that bring more problem than before...

Gratz. You just posted the longest most ignorant rant ever. They should be patching often. You tweak the game and break it. That's how testing works. You are a tester at this stage. I know its a little confusing because in the old days, companies paid testers and not the other way around. Gamers like us are idiots though. We are so anxious to play the next big thing that we line up in droves to pay the game companies to work for them.

I'm weird though. I like alphas/betas. I like breaking things. I'm having a blast.

• Like 4

I forgot to mention that every time I connect... I respawn. fun to notice after a couple of hrs play to regain my reset char.

Gratz. You just posted the longest most ignorant rant ever. They should be patching often. You tweak the game and break it. That's how testing works. You are a tester at this stage. I know its a little confusing because in the old days, companies paid testers and not the other way around. Gamers like us are idiots though. We are so anxious to play the next big thing that we line up in droves to pay the game companies to work for them.

I'm weird though. I like alphas/betas. I like breaking things. I'm having a blast.

Ho my god.

Yeah that's the most ignorant rant ever. Well so why did your replyed to me? That's look like a kid coming to troll other comment...

Whatever you are felling about my comment, dont need to try to explain me how things going.

Take some minuts and try to read again what  i wrote with your full brain and not only with the wrong part of it.

Does i said i didnt like the Alpha phase or so?

I said, whatever Alpha or not as we bought server ( renting if you care) we may get some enought good stable version to test it!

I dont see how we can test the game if you are always wipped, tp, rubberbanded and get constant server crash!

Your reply look like a 12 years old kid reply.

Dont feel obligated to reply for the Dev.

You arent Dev, so dont speak for them.

This is a "Destroya Dayz Patch" No Loot, Invisible Zombies, Lags, dead after relog , Glitching, Teleporting...WTF Happens Staff?

• Like 1

Server: Player location rubberbanding IS NOT FIXED. I still am and its putting me back to the place I started and crashing my computer.

I add my voice to the crowd: 

- It takes long time to join a server.

- Character resets multiple times upon joining new ones.

- Zombies are sometimes invisible

- Status effects (hunger/thirst) do not appear in feed. 

- Extensive rubberbanding

- No loot (Often correlates with invisible zombies) 

Hope this is to some help for you guys!  :thumbsup:

Yea nice and all, but in last patch I am constantly teleporting witch causes me to go through walls and end up on top of buildings. And, if there is no teleporting my character is moving forward on his own, and I can't stop. So, I am takeing a break for now. I know its alpha and all, but this is little too much for me atm.

I'm going through walls and shit this is madness.

I'm going through walls and shit this is madness.

No, THIS. IS. STAND ALONE!

Oh boy they added battle eye..... Welp it's about to ruin another game. Time to get banned for not playing for three days but apparently that means i was hacking. Darn you. Why did you put it in?