Sign in to follow this  
noey jerd

M4 spawn?

I was able to get at least one m4 per life but ever since the latest patch that made the magnum spawn I see no m4s no matter what server I am on or what air field I am at. I went to them all. Is it broken/out of the game? or just really hard to get now? Either way, it dropped how much fun I have in this game about 40%

I was able to get at least one m4 per life but ever since the latest patch that made the magnum spawn I see no m4s no matter what server I am on or what air field I am at. I went to them all. Is it broken/out of the game? or just really hard to get now? Either way, it dropped how much fun I have in this game about 40%

What a coincidence! The spawn rate of the M4 was reduced by 50% so you're just about there! Spawning only in Kamy should make up the other 10%.

Really now, you play the game only to find M4s? You start with that weapon in Battlefield 3. May wanna check it out.

• Like 12

They're in the game. Found one in an office building post latest update (guns seem to spawn in the room on the top floor, on the shelf behind the door), and another in one of the buildings at NEAF, with another spotted while up there. They're there, just not as common (thankfully) as they were originally.

Meh whatever. 

What a coincidence! The spawn rate of the M4 was reduced by 50% so you're just about there! Spawning only in Kamy should make up the other 10%.

Really now, you play the game only to find M4s? You start with that weapon in Battlefield 3. May wanna check it out.

Cool story...

Anyways, ignoring jackasses, I really do think the spawn rate should be more than 50%. I know I am in the minority but It gets annoying when you go to 3 military bases and find a shit ton of ammo but no gun. It takes like 2 hours to run to them all and to have nothing there when you do is kind of "meh." Maybe I just don't know where to go or maybe there is still problems with items respawning.

I spawned somewhere in the middle of the map before and found a few army buildings in the middle of no where. I only really know the right side of the map. No it wasn't the main airfield in the middle. I know where that is at least. I just don't go there. :D

I was just asking because it seemed like it was taken out or something. I didn't see anything in the patch notes about the m4 spawn rate and I hoped it wasn't broken because of the magnum.

Edited by noey jerd

Meh whatever. 

Cool story...

Anyways, ignoring jackasses, I really do think the spawn rate should be more than 50%. I know I am in the minority but It gets annoying when you go to 3 military bases and find a shit ton of ammo but no gun. It takes like 2 hours to run to them all and to have nothing there when you do is kind of "meh." Maybe I just don't know where to go or maybe there is still problems with items respawning.

I spawned somewhere in the middle of the map before and found a few army buildings in the middle of no where. I only really know the right side of the map. No it wasn't the main airfield in the middle. I know where that is at least. I just don't go there. :D

I was just asking because it seemed like it was taken out or something. I didn't see anything in the patch notes about the m4 spawn rate and I hoped it wasn't broken because of the magnum.

Meh you can get around by using a pistol with a few shots, I find one in like every damn millitary building with ammo :P

hah yea I find it but never any ammo for it.. I just liked it cause it gave everyone an equal chance to survive. The "hardcore" might hate it though :P :D

Edited by noey jerd

hah yea I find it but never any ammo for it.. I just liked it cause it gave everyone an equal chance to survive. The "hardcore" might hate it though :P :D

You don't need a gun to survive, only to kill people. All you need to survive is food, water, medicine, basic knowledge of the map and game mechanics, and the ability to not get seen by other players. The "hardcore" don't get shot because they don't get seen, not because they have a weapon.

Meh whatever. 

Cool story...

The truth cuts you deep and that makes me a jackass? The spawn rate isn't 50%. It was REDUCED BY 50%.

Since you're in such a hurry to achieve what you obviously consider the endgame, what do you plan on doing once you get an M4? Please don't come in here trying to sugar coat your desire to sate your bloodlust by calling it survival. Us jackasses see through bullshit like that.

Obligatory it's an alpha comment and other things of that nature.

• Like 2

You don't need a gun to survive, only to kill people. All you need to survive is food, water, medicine, basic knowledge of the map and game mechanics, and the ability to not get seen by other players. The "hardcore" don't get shot because they don't get seen, not because they have a weapon.

The truth cuts you deep and that makes me a jackass? The spawn rate isn't 50%. It was REDUCED BY 50%.

Since you're in such a hurry to achieve what you obviously consider the endgame, what do you plan on doing once you get an M4? Please don't come in here trying to sugar coat your desire to sate your bloodlust by calling it survival. Us jackasses see through bullshit like that.

Obligatory it's an alpha comment and other things of that nature.

See through what? I don't shoot unless I am fired upon. I don't do that KoS bs. How many times I died because I asked someone if they were friendly. All my friends don't like the game so I am alone most of the time. I have almost 80 hours into this and I help the newer players with anything they need, Info/food, so good try there guy. Only hostile when they are towards me and that includes punching If someone shoots at me it will be nice to fight back instead of running zig zag and probably getting shot anyways. I don't know the map inside and out so I rely on the coast line/cities to get around. I am so sorry that I suck so much that I can't stay hidden. People have different play styles. Get over it... I know it is an alpha blah blah blah.. I was just making a post asking a simple question and stating my opinion about the fact. but /shrugs.. I am done with you. I don't go online to "argue" on a video game forum. From this point on if you post anything it wont be read from me but have fun.

But for real now.... I have found the magnum in every building I looked in. Seems like they replaced the m4 with the magnum. I usually find bullets for it in restaurants which is a little weird but whatever, I will take it. I can accept the lower amount of M4s if the spawning of items worked properly. Hopefully in the next patch. From my understanding it is still effed up. I know the zombies are!

Edited by noey jerd

People have different play styles. Get over it...

I'm not the one complaining and getting shot. What is there for me to get over? You should take your own advice and get over the fact that M4 spawns were reduced. It's not even a good weapon. It just fires in full auto and has omfgwtfbbqattachments that other weapons don't. Have you found the neon orange tiger camouflage for it yet?

• Like 2

You can get a gun stupidly easily. I find magnums EVERYWHERE now its stupid. Not one single piece of ammo for it though. For me the fireaxe is what usually takes the longest for me to get.

I find the fireaxe a lot. It is usually on the 2nd floor of the restaurants. (i think that is what they are)

I think the M4 spawn rate dropped more than 50%... I went all up to Berezino, NEAF, all the towns between NEAF and NWAF, down to the Vybor military base, again up to the NWAF, nothing... not a single M4... i found many Magnums but no ammo.

What a stupid thing to say. How do posts like this get beans? Getting a weapon is obviously pretty fucking important. He didn't say anything about that being the "only" reason he plays.

What a stupid thing to say. How do posts like this get beans? Getting a weapon is obviously pretty fucking important. He didn't say anything about that being the "only" reason he plays.

Just ignore him. I've been on here only a few hours and already picked up that he's a sarcastic pompous asshole with a craving for BF3 comments. Seems maybe he should pick up the game himself....

• Like 1

Just ignore him. I've been on here only a few hours and already picked up that he's a sarcastic pompous asshole with a craving for BF3 comments. Seems maybe he should pick up the game himself....

Wouldn't say I'm pompous but yes I am a sarcastic asshole. Sarcasm is the only way I know how to make stupid people feel stupid for posting stupid things. I got to level 26 in BF3 or something and I've played maybe 10 minutes in BF4 before putting in down in disgust of all of the bugs.

Btw welcome to the forums. I can tell you're a quick learner so I look forward to not seeing any KOS whining posts from you.

He said that the reduction in M4 spawn rates cut his enjoyment nearly in half. I didn't insinuate that it was the only reason he plays but he made it obvious that it was the main reason he plays or it wouldn't have had such a dramatic effect. If he wants to whine in public he can get criticized in public. There's always the super awesome Mosin but that weapon apparently isn't even on his radar.

Also its not ment to be quaranteed loot everywere you go, that would just be stupid. If you have to run 2 hours somewhere doesnt make it must to spawn loot...
I havent played yet after the new patch, have they adjusted other spawnrates?

Edited by Zeppa

Well there isn't much variety atm is there ? so why shouldnt he want to get the m4 when everyone else is going for that and the mosin...stop being a smart ass.

Edited by Massicor

Im pretty sure the m4 spawns have been nerferd a tad bit, or the locations have been switched. 

Yes i think its been nerfed quite a bit actually....before i stopped playing for today i went into a server that had just restarted and i searched the full balota airfield ...prisons, barrack, tents, the full lot...and didn't find a single m4 lol and noone had looted the area at all so its been nerfed or i was just extremely unlucky to not have one spawn there ...however as i finished looking for loot and was about to find a safe place to log off i saw another guy log in and i shot him dead with my magnum and he had a m4 :D

Edited by Massicor

Do you feel entitled to a M4? Like what the hell?

Maybe someone got there before you??

LOL if you want an M4 in your hands to have fun, you mgiht be playing the wrong game.

• Like 2

Hope they nerfed all the firearm spawns alot, would be much more interesting to see people around melee more. Melee combat is much more interesting that KOS anyway. OFC they could have done it opposite way, nerd the ammo spawn hard and keep the gun spawn as it is.
But I think they made absolutely right move to nerf the gun spawn. To me its ok if the mosin is more common as its bolt action and tricky in CQ combat.

Want to see more of those delicious tears!
Rocket should WIPE the characters again! DO IT!

Edited by Zeppa

Inever want to find an M4 untill I really need it.. ill take an axe or a pistol for now ^__^

Found several M4's. Definitely finding less of the which is a good thing. I think the game should be more brutal. Melee weapons the norm.( AND IMPROVED) pistols, and shotguns should also be common, hunting rifles a little more uncommon(Sniper Ability) and high end military loot rare. With ammo being rare and precious, the improved zombies, and melee weapons being the most viable option for a weapon most of the time would make the world just feel all the more bleak.