mark3236 (DayZ)

Does anyone know that combat logging -> KOS?

I don't mind kos at all, and never participated in such posts, but I wonder if people have figured out the correlation between combat logging and KOS.

I've come across like 5 combat loggers when I tried to hold them up, so I'm thinking about just kos-ing everytime now that bodies don't despawn. Just wondering if people do know that more combat loggers will make the gameplay more hostile.

Combat loggers and server hoppers will be dealt with fairly soon, since it is a plague that needs a cure.

Patience my friend, combat timers, and log out timers will be implemented soon.

just kneecap them to ge tthem into comabt before you tell them to drop thier guns and hit f2.. getting them into comabt first is the key..

they cant lof out then afterwards or they die immediatley from a combat log..

just kneecap them to ge tthem into comabt before you tell them to drop thier guns and hit f2.. getting them into comabt first is the key..

they cant lof out then afterwards or they die immediatley from a combat log..

You're thinking of Epoch Not Dayz Unfortunately 

Edited by Star Thornberry

Our group has had to become more careful, we don't want people to combat log before we can administer an extermination dose to them, so we've had to err on the side of caution a lot today and just shoot people without interacting. 

Have to say I was a bit annoyed when I met random survivor inside Elektro powerplant firestation.

I !really! did not want to hurt him, just talk to him, maybe give him some food (I was geared ok), but he just looked at me and POOF, he vanished.

I felt the urge to shoot him in the head afterwards.

Anyways lets give devs some time to return from vacations and get back to work :).

I don't mind kos at all, and never participated in such posts, but I wonder if people have figured out the correlation between combat logging and KOS.

I've come across like 5 combat loggers when I tried to hold them up, so I'm thinking about just kos-ing everytime now that bodies don't despawn. Just wondering if people do know that more combat loggers will make the gameplay more hostile.

So because of all the newspawns combat logging when you're trying to rob and kill them, you're just going to kill and rob them instead?  Well, that's your prerogative.

I think this happens alot on nighttime servers I play on. Many of times I've heard people jacking around somewhere nearby or I've seen flashlights through the walls. Majority of the time when I get remotely close to them, theres nothing there. The flashlight shuts off and nobody to be found... I'm willing to bet that people put on headsets with the volume cranked up. If they hear any noises that could hint of another player or a zombie advancing towards them, they log out.

Seriously, this is like minecraft all over again... but this time, I don't have a base to grief or chests to loot. (To reward them for being a chickenshit)

I guess when tents and vehicles are implemented, at least I'll have some of their belongings to loot and destroy as punishment.

Edited by MystoganXIX

I have run into more combat loggers who shoot at us first, then as soon as they get shots returned at them, they immediately combat log, sure I have seen the odd person who logs off as soon as they see us, but we have had many times where we were actually able to befriend people.

But for the most part, the KoSers have been the combat loggers for us.

Kinda weird because most peoples experience on the forums seem to be different.