Sign in to follow this  
TheLastEmp

Athlon X2 270 Vs. FX-4100 Bulldozer: Taking bets

So, I've been running DayZ and the mod on an: 

FX-4100 Bulldozer OC'd to 4.0Ghz

and a GTX 660

Frames have been total shit in towns because, as I've come to learn, the AMD Bulldozer line was an utter fucking disaster.

I was able to find a cheap Athlon X2 270 that I intend to throw in to my rig and OC to ~3.8Ghz

I'm not sure if I'll see an improvement or not, but at the moment I'm betting I will.  

Anyone have any guesses or recommendations for another processor I should consider trying if the X2 Athlon doesn't give me any increase to FPS?

currently getting around 14-17 frames in towns

Any bets what my new FPS will be?

• Like 1

Obviously the X2 will have more because the first FX bulldozers were indeed shit, it wasn't until the FX 6300 that it actually got better. Sadly I have the FX 6100.  <_<

The Athlon X2 270 was my previous processor. I now have the Bulldozer FX-6100 and saw around 10-20 FPS improvement. :)

I have an FX-8350 OC to 4.3Ghz with an MSI GTX 770 2Gb and 8Gb RAM yet I still only get 15-20 fps in cities and in medium towns it can drop to 24 but usually holds around 29... and that is without combat on default settings except anti-aliasing and motion blur have been turned down slightly.

I have an FX-8350 OC to 4.3Ghz with an MSI GTX 770 2Gb and 8Gb RAM yet I still only get 15-20 fps in cities and in medium towns it can drop to 24 but usually holds around 29... and that is without combat on default settings except anti-aliasing and motion blur have been turned down slightly.

This is why I'm nervous to drop the money on a new processor... 

I'll report back on Saturday when I plug in the X2...  Hopefully that will give me an acceptable rate for now.