Kelikai

Trying To Get DayZ To Work ?

Okay So i'm extremely knew to DayZ and so yesterday i bought DayZ off Steam for $30 AUD. I thought that's all i had to do to play, But aparently i needed this Arma 2 Crap so i bought that today also for $20. I've been trying to open Arma 2 Combined Opperations because i thinks that's how i run DayZ but i dont know? In DayZ no servers come up so i can't play and i get this Error for Arma 2 Combined Opperations, Some 52 Error or something? Anyway i'm in dire need to help. I just want to play this game that looks so fun and all this confusion is turning me off it .. Help ?

Also, I knew i had to get Arma Becuase DayZ Commander told me too. :c Help ! <3

You do NOT need Arma 2 for the standalone version of DayZ. You see, DayZ used to be a mod for Arma 2 but now that the standalone is out, Arma 2 is no longer needed. So, yeah

And DayZ commander is for the DayZ Mod, not standalone. Have you tried starting the game manually from Steam? It should work if you bought DayZ and not the mod

Edited by Igor197
  • Like 1

Okay, Then what's my problem with not being able to find any Servers On The DayZ Standalone Version, I click Play and then Internet and nothing comes up, What should i be doing ?

I have that issue as well, I usually just Alt+Tab and wait a few minutes, when I bring the game back up there are plenty of servers to join. Could just be me though. 

• Like 1

Are you trying to play the Mod or Standalone? If the Mod download Day Z Commander. 

He's playing the standalone version

• Like 1

If you paid for it then it's the standalone. The mod is free. And yes, you bought the standalone.

• Like 1

Okay, Should i change my filter settings to anything? Right now i have Max ping 200 Min players 0 Max players 0

Remove all filtering, not sure if that will fix your problem though. Just give it a minute, I'm sure it will find a few servers

• Like 1

Remove all filtering, not sure if that will fix your problem though. Just give it a minute, I'm sure it will find a few servers

How Do I Remove All Filtering? I've left it for 2 hours, Nothing.

Just go on "Filter" in the server browser and put 0 on Min ping etc. Try restarting your game, if that doesn't work try restarting your PC, Try everything!

• Like 1

Okay just done that, I've restarted both numerous times . Do you have skype ? I can share screens to get things fixed quicker .

I restarted it again and it said " Unable To Find Running Instance Of Steam " And then loaded.

Hit servers, then hit internet up in the left side and all the servers will appear.

Hmm, I'm reinstalling it, Do you mean i shouldn't hit play? Just go change servers then find some? Non came up when i tried that before. D:

Hit servers, then hit internet up in the left side and all the servers will appear.

So you got it working then? I hope so.