Sign in to follow this  
OldHorse

Epoch base building?

Hi Guys. The server I'm playing on seems to allow turning a barn etc. into a base. I've seen a couple that have the doors boarded up and a garage door on one end. This seems to be a quick way to have a safe base for guys like me that would probably take a year to build one from scratch :) Any of you have experience with this? Any downside I might be missing? Thanks in advance.

Edited by OldHorse

You need to get a safe/vault first, should be your main goal.

Then you can store stuff without being stolen.
You could get a truck first to store some high value weapons ...like m14's, sa58's, akm's, sniper rifles...etc
Look for high value items, gps, redbull, orange sherbit, mountain dews...etc

once you have 12 * 10oz gold bars you can get a safe.

Then you could loot or buy building stuff, buying is a easy way, as you just do the above, sell and buy what you need.
cinder blocks is the way to go.
When building use the environment to your advantage to use the least amount of build materials. As you have to maintain it (about 6 days) that can change from server to server.

You need to get a safe/vault first, should be your main goal.

Then you can store stuff without being stolen.

You could get a truck first to store some high value weapons ...like m14's, sa58's, akm's, sniper rifles...etc

Look for high value items, gps, redbull, orange sherbit, mountain dews...etc

once you have 12 * 10oz gold bars you can get a safe.

Then you could loot or buy building stuff, buying is a easy way, as you just do the above, sell and buy what you need.

cinder blocks is the way to go.

When building use the environment to your advantage to use the least amount of build materials. As you have to maintain it (about 6 days) that can change from server to server.

What are these epoch servers?

Are they on the "official" server list? (by official I mean the ones on the select screen, I know they aren't technically official servers :P)

Does stuff transfer between the "Epoch" servers and regular ones?

Sorry if this is considered hijacking, I figured this didn't need another thread.

Believe me, I'm no expert but this is what I know. Epoch is a mod to the Dayz mod. I get to the server list by using Dayz Commander. This is a program for servers and mods, updates etc. The Epoch mod allows for all kinds of changes to the original Dayz. Probably a good idea to Google it if you are interested because...I repeat...I'm no expert :blush: