Sign in to follow this  
MONKAYPOO0

Maps

the mod had markers which I loved but hated as navigating was far too easy. Now that standalone got rid of placing destination markers, I'm relying on road signs, a compass and the sun. I've found many maps so I follow roads till I get to any road signs to figure out where I am. Problem with the in game maps they are in English while the road signs are in Russian or whatever it is. This makes the maps useless and keep having to flick to dayz db maps. Hope the fix them.

Oh and the sun... Took me a while to realise that like the mod it doesn't travel the same path anymore; east in the morning, overhead mid day, west by sunset. Seems to be southeast, south, south west. Bit confusing, don't know if that's more realistic.

the mod had markers which I loved but hated as navigating was far too easy. Now that standalone got rid of placing destination markers, I'm relying on road signs, a compass and the sun. I've found many maps so I follow roads till I get to any road signs to figure out where I am. Problem with the in game maps they are in English while the road signs are in Russian or whatever it is. This makes the maps useless and keep having to flick to dayz db maps. Hope the fix them.

Oh and the sun... Took me a while to realise that like the mod it doesn't travel the same path anymore; east in the morning, overhead mid day, west by sunset. Seems to be southeast, south, south west. Bit confusing, don't know if that's more realistic.

For the first part, as a workaround I use either the iZurvive app on my tablet or a map open on my second monitor.

In regards the second point, the sun... Well we are pretty far north latitude.