kevsta545

The DLC disscusion

So, what do you think about DayZ and DLC?

So here is my two cents on the matter.

I would love to see sumrak, the creator of the popular dayZ map namalsk

join the team as a level designer and work with rocket on new maps. I would love namalsk to be a future DLC, but to get to it, you'd have to cross over utes and at some place in utes you'd get to leave to namalsk. Then if you accepted it would take you cinematicly to another full populated namalsk server with all your gear.

And you could travel back and forth between maps and DLC while keeping a good amount of people for because of different servers on each DLC island and the normal ones. I'd like to see something like server "Clusters" to find similar faces etc. So that's my two cents on he matter, what's yours?

Edited by Kevsta545
  • Like 2

I would like to see other "Offcial" DayZ maps. And if they bring good content i would be willing to pay a reasonable price.

• Like 1

The only dlc should be new maps, since there will me no micro transaction I think maps will be all there is anyway. It would be cool to move a character between maps like you mentioned

• Like 2

Pay 2 win.

don't know were your getting that from, as well, I agree the only DLC should be maps. But the maps will have their own special features :)

don't know were your getting that from, as well, I agree the only DLC should be maps. But the maps will have their own special features :)

>special features

• Like 1

What do you guys think a good price would be for something like a new map? I'd say 4-5$

i hope theres no DLC, most developers nowadays are releasing less than finished games at full price 50-60$ then releasing crap ass DLC packs (price varies from game to game), what happened to the days where you got a FULL GAME, and then when they had new content it was called an EXPANSION PACK with a whole new gameplay experience :-\ those were the days

back to the OP it would be neat to transfer a character from one map to another by some means of "quests" or "routes"

• Like 2

>special features

oh I see were your coming from now, I worded that horribly. I mean like each map has different terrain, weather, zombies etc. Not OP guns or anything of the sort :).

Bought Dayz sa for £19.99, The best value for money game i have bought this year with the amount of hours i have put into it so far.

Only Starbound can compete with it for value for money for me :)

In short yes i would pay for any dlc they bring out mainly because i think the £20 i paid for Dayz sa is way too cheap for the amount of fun, fear, tension, excitement and enjoyment i have so far (and will have over the next year) in Dayz.

ps - i felt the same about Dayzmod too so i bought all the Arma2 dlc and ToH as my thank you to BiS for making the game i have always wanted to play but no other games company would make.

So thank you BiS and merry christmas :)

• Like 1

Give this game to modders with the following words: ' Have fun '

Watch what happens.

From the pool of newly risen modders, recruit a few to work for you.

• Like 1

Give this game to modders with the following words: ' Have fun '

Watch what happens.

From the pool of newly risen modders, recruit a few to work for you.

while I don't want this game to go open source, yet

I do think its a really good idea to recruit some of the good dayZ mod modders.

In order to make a Map/World DLC work it should have its own special features.

For example:

On DLC Map, you can find a raincoat with a different color,  which can be taken to Chernarus+ aswell.

Guns wise if could, for example, provide a new gun with (mainly) aesthetic differences. (So no UBER-Sniper or something)

but to not make the gun Pay2Win the ammo should only be found on the DLC Map,

so you can take your Rifle to chernarus+ but you will never find the right ammo for it there, so you are (kind of) limited.

And because the gun is found on DLC Map you will not have an advantage on other players there.

• Like 1

while I don't want this game to go open source, yet

I do think its a really good idea to recruit some of the good dayZ mod modders.

Who said anything about Open Source? Just like Bohemia did with Arma II: They provided the tools and said: 'Good Luck!'

Who said anything about Open Source? Just like Bohemia did with Arma II: They provided the tools and said: 'Good Luck!'

I don't think "they should have the tools" yet. Maybe in a few years once things start getting rusty.

Namalsk is in the Beiring Straight. You'd have to cross through a Russian Federation map first and get a boat

Namalsk is in the Beiring Straight. You'd have to cross through a Russian Federation map first and get a boat

Dude there will not be any dlc on dayz or I should say it will not be successful everyone will move on to one of the mods that improves the game anyway.

Just like the mod people will go towards free mods that add more content and improve the game.

oh lol, I always had thought that namalsk was just a creation and wasn't irl. But maybe you could fly an ac130 to it :O that would be sick :D

Dude there will not be any dlc on dayz or I should say it will not be successful everyone will move on to one of the mods that improves the game anyway.

Just like the mod people will go towards free mods that add more content and improve the game.

well right now nodding isn't available and I don't expect to see it for years. So during the years I expect to see DLC. Then after some new maps and everything is rusty I expect tools to be released for user created content.

I cringe everytime I read "DLC"

think of it as "expansion pack". :)

I don't think "they should have the tools" yet. Maybe in a few years once things start getting rusty.

Umm... DayZ is using tried and true tech from the ArmA games. Yes they are doing a few things differently, but these are pretty minor in the scheme of things.

And we already have a full suite of tools and utilities for almost everything in ArmA I/II/II & ToH.

I'd be surprised if there weren't a few people like me who were already having a look 'under the hood' of DayZ to see what goes where and what can be tweaked. There probably won't be anybody poking their heads up atm with mods yet, but once we get the promised private servers, there will be a flood of them.

And for those saying that this is not going to happen: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/156129-confirmed-upcoming-features-for-dayz/

This especially: Rocket - "Eventually, we would like to see these different communities on their own db running their own variations of DayZ to meet specific communities needs."

Edited by DJPorterNZ

Umm... DayZ is using tried and true tech from the ArmA games. Yes they are doing a few things differently, but these are pretty minor in the scheme of things.

And we already have a full suite of tools and utilities for almost everything in ArmA I/II/II & ToH.

I'd be surprised if there weren't a few people like me who were already having a look 'under the hood' of DayZ to see what goes where and what can be tweaked. There probably won't be anybody poking their heads up atm with mods yet, but once we get the promised private servers, there will be a flood of them.

I'm quite clueless on how the actual creation of a mod is made so forgive me if I'm wrong. But I thought in dayZ they needed an in game editor. I know rocket plans to create an editor but I don't expect that too happen until the game is finished and isn't buggy yet.