mark3236 (DayZ)

This is a really really bad ducking game

NOT REALLY. THIS IS A GAME WITH AWESOME POTENTIAL

*Title was a bait for the forum moderators/devs. Sorry about that.*

Dev/Moderators, now that I've got your attention, please hear me out for just a second.

three bullet point for the inpatient ones:

1. M4 accuracy is bad, no one is defending this right now.

2. Fix for this is a single float value fix.

3. Ban me if you want; graveyard this if you want; just please relay this suggestion to the devs. True, I already bought this game for me and my friend - from an EA's perspective, I'm dead meat and I generated revenue already, so you can just screw me over because I already threw money at you. But please have some decency to at least let my suggestion go through before getting banned.

M4 accuracy is really bad right now. I've tested with full health/full energy and hydration / pristine ACOG + pristine Bipod deployed / pristine rails / pristine flashlight / pristine buttstock M4 while prone and rested for 1 minute, hold right mouse and shot at a stationary building at about 90m. The spread was about the size of a window. "OH DID YOU ZERO YOUR WEAPON?", 1. I did, 2. I said [sPREAD]. Not drop, no bullet drop or consistent groupings.

IT HAD LOW PRECISION (google 'precision vs accuracy' if you don't know what I mean).

THE FIX FOR THIS IS A SINGLE LINE IN A SINGLE CPP FILE OR WHATEVER SOURCE FILE THE DEVS USE TO DEVELOP THIS GAME.

Game programming is a OOP(Objective-oriented-programming). There's no possibility that the tweak of the accuracy would bring other bugs along with it. It's just a single float value change. It would take such a short time to fix this.

I have posted this on feedback tracker. No one responded even though it had positive votes. Communication is really bad at this time. my post: http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=871

Ban me from the forums? OK. I'm going to go away to serve in the army anyway in 2 months. I don't care. But just please relay this suggestion to someone relevant. Please don't do what WarZ did.

Please. Please don't do that. Of course, the more you guys screw it up, the higher possibility of me succeeding in the programming industry when I finish university and make my own game, but still. I'm a fan.

I had tried

A) posted numerous times on the forum

B ) posted on feedbacktracker

C) commented on feedback tracker and brought it up again

and no avail. Hopefully, this will do the trick.

Edited by mark3236
  • Like 3

Dev/Moderators, now that I've got your attention, please hear me out for just a second.

three bullet point for the inpatient ones:

1. M4 accuracy is bad, no one is defending this right now.

2. Fix for this is a single float value fix.

3. Ban me if you want; graveyard this if you want; just please relay this suggestion to the devs. True, I already bought this game for me and my friend - from an EA's perspective, I'm dead meat and I generated revenue already, so you can just screw me over because I already threw money at you. But please have some decency to at least let my suggestion go through before getting banned.

M4 accuracy is really bad right now. I've tested with full health/full energy and hydration / pristine ACOG + pristine Bipod deployed / pristine rails / pristine flashlight / pristine buttstock M4 while prone and rested for 1 minute, hold right mouse and shot at a stationary building at about 90m. The spread was about the size of a window. "OH DID YOU ZERO YOUR WEAPON?", 1. I did, 2. I said [sPREAD]. Not drop, no bullet drop or consistent groupings.

IT HAD LOW PRECISION (google 'precision vs accuracy' if you don't know what I mean).

THE FIX FOR THIS IS A SINGLE LINE IN A SINGLE CPP FILE OR WHATEVER SOURCE FILE THE DEVS USE TO DEVELOP THIS GAME.

Game programming is a OOP(Objective-oriented-programming). There's no possibility that the tweak of the accuracy would bring other bugs along with it. It's just a single float value change. It would take such a short time to fix this.

I have posted this on feedback tracker. No one responded even though it had positive votes. Communication is really bad at this time.

Ban me from the forums? OK. I'm going to go away to serve in the army anyway in 2 months. I don't care. But just please relay this suggestion to someone relevant. Please don't do what WarZ did.

Please. Please don't do that. Of course, the more you guys screw it up, the higher possibility of me succeeding in the programming industry when I finish university and make my own game, but still. I'm a fan.

I came running to this thread like a 8 year old on Christmas Day, :( instead I get a SA request D:

• Like 3

Lol you must reaaaally suck with the M4.

Go play CoD if you don't like recoil :)

Edited by Applejaxc
  • Like 1

I single fired. Please try out the M4 and experiment it throughly before posting.

I test fired my 600 round ammo earned hard by farming for days.

and according to the config file, the accuracy in the code of the game itself has been worsened 10000%. (M4 has 0.1 dispersion compared to 0.00175 in ARMA2.)

Edited by mark3236

He's not talking about recoil, he's talking about the abysmal accuracy the gun seems to have which suddenly becomes corrected (implausibly accurate) when you put Magpul gear onto it.

Did you even read the post? Where was recoil even mentioned?

He's not talking about recoil, he's talking about the abysmal accuracy the gun seems to have which suddenly becomes corrected (implausibly accurate) when you put Magpul gear onto it.

2013-12-24_00004.jpg

The test was without a magpul attachment.

I single fired. Please try out the M4 and experiment it throughly before posting.

I test fired my 600 round ammo earned hard by farming for days.

and according to the config file, the accuracy in the code of the game itself has been worsened 10000%. (M4 has 0.1 dispersion compared to 0.00175 in ARMA2.)

Oooooh 0.1 dispersion. That's a problem? ArmA 2's accuracy and recoil was ridiculous; it's almost impossible to miss in ArmA 2 as long as you're not... well... aiming handicapped.

• Like 1

Did you even read the post? Where was recoil even mentioned?

...recoil is part of accuracy...

The test was without a magpul attachment.

Yes, I know, I was adding onto what you said. The accuracy is horrid at the moment, but it still makes an unnecessary jump with Magpul gear (which it shouldn't even need to because the M4A1 is not as bad as the game shows it)

The gun should not be as piss-poor as it is now. It should be slightly less than the magpul gear currently makes it, realistically.

Recoil does not matter in a one-shot test.
Edited by Chaingunfighter
  • Like 2

.............. OK. How's your elementary school math finals going?

Seriously, it is far from it. I can't even fathom how you could think that.

• Like 1

Am I the only one that feels like... who cares if accuracy is bad in this game?

I can hit zombies coming at me, that's enough for me. Hell, I can hit any zombie I can see with the M4, it just might take a couple shots.

• Like 5

Yes, I know, I was adding onto what you said. The accuracy is horrid at the moment, but it still makes an unnecessary jump with Magpul gear (which it shouldn't even need to because the M4A1 is not as bad as the game shows it)

The gun should not be as piss-poor as it is now. It should be slightly less than the magpul gear currently makes it, realistically.

Oh sry, I misunderstood.

DAMN. I had ditched the magpull stock for the RIS. Oh god what have I done :(

<_<

• Like 8

.............. OK. How's your elementary school math finals going?

Seriously, it is far from it. I can't even fathom how you could think that.

Pretty well, to be honest.

And yes; if there is a lot of recoil, shots following the first will suffer for it.

Am I the only one that feels like... who cares if accuracy is bad in this game?

I can hit zombies coming at me, that's enough for me. Hell, I can hit any zombie I can see with the M4, it just might take a couple shots.

In that case, we don't need a rifle. All we need is a mossberg. There won't be any end-game gear, there won't be cool features, it would just be a dumb deathmatch with range of engagements within 60 meters. For that, I would just play COD or No room in hell. I play this game to be afraid of snipers, to look at treelines, to peek at a building 800m away scared for snipers. That's DayZ.

<_<

I <3 you. Please relay this? It's such a small fix which will make the game much greater. Fix what you can fix real fast, that's the motto of all development teams, is it not?

Pretty well, to be honest.

And yes; if there is a lot of recoil, shots following the first will suffer for it.

Therefore, the first shot I took was affected by..... the..... uh.......

Edited by mark3236
  • Like 1

I <3 you. Please relay this? It's such a small fix which will make the game much greater. Fix what you can fix real fast, that's the motto of all development teams, is it not?

Relay it to whom? I am but a mere Moderator. 

• Like 5

Relay it to whom? I am but a mere Moderator. 

But... I thought moderators had better communication with the devs... I thought you were Santa...

Edited by mark3236
  • Like 2

Oooooh 0.1 dispersion. That's a problem? ArmA 2's accuracy and recoil was ridiculous; it's almost impossible to miss in ArmA 2 as long as you're not... well... aiming handicapped.

Actually it is, 0.1 dispersion is so large I could hardly believe it.

Ehhh, I'm questioning whether I even have this right, because that's just... unbelievable. :lol:

Should have trusted my gut because that is apparently (?) for the M4 WITHOUT attachments. I assumed this meant standard. It actually meant an M4 with no stock and no forend. Dispersion for an M4 with standard stock and standard forend is about 0.01181 or 40.6 MOA.

This is still a 3.4 foot circle at 100 yards, over 10 feet at 300 yards.

• Like 2

This game currently has undergone 0 balancing. 

Why bother adjusting M4 accuracy and precision values if you can find one easily within 5 minutes of spawning in? 

This really isn't a priority and SHOULD NOT be a priority at this stage in development. The engine, architecture, and zombies should be the top priority. Not M4 Accuracy.

Edited by dromag67
  • Like 3

But... I thought moderators had better communication with the devs... I thought you were Santa...

You are correct in what you speak, however I do believe that there are other issues higher on their priority list.

Why bother adjusting M4 accuracy and precision values if you can find one easily within 5 minutes of spawning in? 

This really isn't a priority and SHOULD NOT be a priority at this stage in development. The engine, architecture, and zombies should be the top priority. Not M4 Accuracy.

Yes, because Ctrl+F dispersion, and changing the float value to something reasonable would handicap current development schedule very much?

But it's not like it's an issue that can't be fixed very quickly. It's a simple matter of editing the Config.c++ file to attain better accuracy until it reaches a suitable point. It's not like were asking for a brand new system to show up, or for them to fix the zombie AI which is a problem directly within the code of the game engine itself.

• Like 1