mark3236 (DayZ)

This is a really really bad ducking game

I'd like to chime in on the "we are civilians" part of the issue as well. While it has unfortunate implications on target practice, I am under the distinct impression that most engagements in real life feature a lot of rounds and little accuracy. Until we have a mechanism for manually aligning the sights, dispersion should be far greater than the actual dispersion of the weapon, preferably settling if you aim at the same position for some time, maybe a second or two.

I'd like to chime in on the "we are civilians" part of the issue as well. While it has unfortunate implications on target practice, I am under the distinct impression that most engagements in real life feature a lot of rounds and little accuracy. Until we have a mechanism for manually aligning the sights, dispersion should be far greater than the actual dispersion of the weapon, preferably settling if you aim at the same position for some time, maybe a second or two.

"Manually aligning the sights"

We call that one zeroing, son. If you're talking about left-right wobbly stuff, well that should be an issue on more damaged weapons that have been dropped and kicked and used to bash in a couple skulls but a regular AR-15 doesn't have much excuse for shooting close to sub-MOA.

Lol you must reaaaally suck with the M4.

Go play CoD if you don't like recoil :)

If there was an option to "take beans" from you, I'd press it. 10x.

You are way to much into this, Gews said in the other thread that there 225 files left that he hasn't checked and there probably many values that affect the dispersion since in the SA all kinds of attachments affect the value and it's possible that there even more values that have impact in the remaining files. 

About your "just CTRL+F" mentality ... since the system changed and added attachments and probably some more factors that would just fuck up everything they did, it isn't that simple. I'm a game developer myself and there so many factors someone like you can't see and obviously doesn't want to see.

http://www.twitch.tv/jadeezomg/c/3439521 that's around 400-500m the first shots only miss because I wasn't sure of the range(Z isn't facing me so the ACOG rangefinder is close to useless), you can't see the impacts but they are right on the line with the Z. That's with a fully pristine M4 with Magpul handguard. Anything standing <300 is usually first hit for me and none of my friends had experiences like you describe.

Now clam down. 

edit: more videos

http://www.twitch.tv/jadeezomg/c/3430701 two shot burst, instant kill

http://www.twitch.tv/jadeezomg/c/3430532 buddy is attack with fists, had to be carefull

http://www.twitch.tv/jadeezomg/c/3430499 from the first two, 1-2 hit he was bleeding very badly

http://www.twitch.tv/jadeezomg/c/3430444 down after the first two shots

all pretty short range, but all with 2-4 shots.

Sorry, I watched all those videos multiple times and none of them prove that the accuracy of the M4 is fine. All of them, except the end of the last video, were shot at moving targets or the target was so far away we couldn't see where the shots landed until the target dropped (first video). And except for the end of the last video you took multiple shots to drop/hit your target.

Unfortunately due to the holiday, I don't have time to record video evidence of shooting at a static target at variable distances with the acog and various other attachments. I'll try to get one up once I get back from vacation. Until then I'll trust Gews findings as it was the closest we've had to actual scientific testing over some highlight videos with to many variables to control.

I suppose this is basically what's going to happen to these forums. Endless discussion of things that have already been endlessly discussed, with acute bouts of manchildren who don't realize they are playtesters.

Aaah, armchair programmers... Did you even stop to think that the M4's base accuracy (if there is even such a thing) is set correctly, but it's an accumulation of other errors (maybe even entrenched engine defects) that are causing your perceived inaccuracy? For example, when using the mosin, I get better accuracy shooting from a squatting position than prone with the bipod.

Patience, young grasshopper. The game is currently buggier than a week old survivor's corpse; they don't call it alpha for nothing.

In mossin thread ppl (kinda) confirmed guns have different states of decay, although we can't see them in inventory

So that could be your problem...

But have to state that for me weapon inaccuracy is the last important issue in SA,

Baring in mind we are meant to be civilians in the game

Wat

How can a civilian run through forests high speed for 30mins without passing out? How can a civilian repair and fly a helicopter? How can a civilian kill without remorse?

I always thought we played trained marines...

Also, don't expect too much from an M4. It is typically not designed for long range engagements.

Edited by kadude

...recoil is part of accuracy...

lmao, he said he single fired. so theres absolutely no recoil to talk about.

If I understand correctly, this is what he Did.

Aim down at a particular thing. fire 1 shot. shot hits the wall. re-aim at the same spot. fire 1 shot again, shot hits the wall again. repeat the many times over.

If he described it correctly, If you look at the wall this is the hits you would see (he was aiming at the CIRCLE DOT all the time, single firing)

acc4.png

If this is true in the game, then I agree with the OP, this is bad. Accuracy and Precision of the gun should be left close to their real life counterparts, and leave the rest to the skill of the player.

Edited by lyndonguitar
  • Like 1

bro, the ACOG apparently has problems when you turn up the FOV. Take off the ACOG (p.s. you DON'T need it anyway) and get skills. I hit EVERYTHING within 300M - no Magpul. 'Yard dis thread yo!

1. To people screaming "IT'S ALPHA" -> Yes, exactly. That's why I'm reporting bugs, dumbass. And I made this thread because my voice was far from being heard.

2. To people screaming "YOUR CHARACTER IS A CIVILIAN" -> So... because he's a normal civilian, he's been alive all this time when shit hit the fan, can treat bullet wound and zombie bites, revive people with difibs, and perform a blood transfusion?

3. To anyone writing irrelevant replies: Please don't.

ex)

bro, the ACOG apparently has problems when you turn up the FOV. Take off the ACOG (p.s. you DON'T need it anyway) and get skills. I hit EVERYTHING within 300M - no Magpul. 'Yard dis thread yo!

I understand you have awesome killing skills with your such amaze FOV settings. The problem here I'm discussing is first shot accuracy.

If you really do hit consistently at 300M, you must have Magpul handguards or buttstock. It is said to increase accuracy like 1000~5000%.

• Like 1

MAYBE you didn't read the OP.

Dude... don't try and have me off with your shitty sarcasm. I've looked at your post again and it says nothing about what I'M talking about. You mention pristine PARTS, if you read MY post properly you'll see i'm talking about the GUN ITSELF. However you cannot see the state of the actual gun itself.

Lawyered 

Being in a hurry with christmas eve and everything and not bothering to read the remaining two pages of this thread...

Two things I think the devs intention may have been with this;

1. Decreased precision of guns like the to make firefights longer and more fun. In in the dayz mod, you were a dead man if you were ambushed, unless the ambusher(s) were horrible shots. I believe decreased precision gives the amushed atleast a chance to react before either getting killed or retaliating. Isn't it great, that people are now given a slight chance to defend their many hours of hard work and survival?

2. Decreased precision as a placeholder for the standard weapon precision which you may be able to upgrade using a skillset, may it be skillpoints or your characters accuracy simply improving like 0.01-0.1% for every bullet that hits a zombie or player.

And if you misread/simply missed the first thing said in this post, these are simply things I think the devs may intend with the weapon precision being so off atm, these are not ideas, but mere explanations of possible scenarios so that you may understand what the hell I'm on about.

NOT REALLY. THIS IS A GAME WITH AWESOME POTENTIAL

*Title was a bait for the forum moderators/devs. Sorry about that.*

Dev/Moderators, now that I've got your attention, please hear me out for just a second.

three bullet point for the inpatient ones:

1. M4 accuracy is bad, no one is defending this right now.

2. Fix for this is a single float value fix.

3. Ban me if you want; graveyard this if you want; just please relay this suggestion to the devs. True, I already bought this game for me and my friend - from an EA's perspective, I'm dead meat and I generated revenue already, so you can just screw me over because I already threw money at you. But please have some decency to at least let my suggestion go through before getting banned.

M4 accuracy is really bad right now. I've tested with full health/full energy and hydration / pristine ACOG + pristine Bipod deployed / pristine rails / pristine flashlight / pristine buttstock M4 while prone and rested for 1 minute, hold right mouse and shot at a stationary building at about 90m. The spread was about the size of a window. "OH DID YOU ZERO YOUR WEAPON?", 1. I did, 2. I said [sPREAD]. Not drop, no bullet drop or consistent groupings.

IT HAD LOW PRECISION (google 'precision vs accuracy' if you don't know what I mean).

THE FIX FOR THIS IS A SINGLE LINE IN A SINGLE CPP FILE OR WHATEVER SOURCE FILE THE DEVS USE TO DEVELOP THIS GAME.

Game programming is a OOP(Objective-oriented-programming). There's no possibility that the tweak of the accuracy would bring other bugs along with it. It's just a single float value change. It would take such a short time to fix this.

I have posted this on feedback tracker. No one responded even though it had positive votes. Communication is really bad at this time. my post: http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=871

Ban me from the forums? OK. I'm going to go away to serve in the army anyway in 2 months. I don't care. But just please relay this suggestion to someone relevant. Please don't do what WarZ did.

Please. Please don't do that. Of course, the more you guys screw it up, the higher possibility of me succeeding in the programming industry when I finish university and make my own game, but still. I'm a fan.

I had tried

A) posted numerous times on the forum

B ) posted on feedbacktracker

C) commented on feedback tracker and brought it up again

and no avail. Hopefully, this will do the trick.

Its alpha you dick. just report problems on the foru if its not there already. Still complaining? ROCKET WARNED EVERYONE TO NOT BUY THE GAME!.  please go back to CoD.

But but. You agreed to the terms that the game is broken as fuck your character is losst occationally for patches servers dont work and theres desync you all signed for this so you have no right to moan about this. Your own fault you bought the game despite all the warnings :/ report them bugs at the right section. Also like the other guy said 2 posts above me. Stay away from cod and bf!! Both terribru these days

Edited by Aporis

For me the weapons and m4 accuracy is fine. I feel like playing DayZ and not another Call of Duty clone.

It is nice and refreshing for me after all those laser accurate guns in Call of Duties.

Its alpha you dick. just report problems on the foru if its not there already. Still complaining? ROCKET WARNED EVERYONE TO NOT BUY THE GAME!.  please go back to CoD.

Please refer to the following post I wrote above:

1. To people screaming "IT'S ALPHA" -> Yes, exactly. That's why I'm reporting bugs, dumbass. And I made this thread because my voice was far from being heard.

Have you even reported bugs? I spent more time than you, giving feedback on this game and trying to improve it, compared to you flaming on a feedback post saying that players shouldn't complain because it's alpha. Blindingly saying everything is okay because it's alpha will make this game fail just like WarZ. The better way is criticising what's wrong, and working hard to let the devs know it needs fixing.

P.S. I had posted this on the feedback tracker:  http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=871

Edited by mark3236

Please refer to the following post I wrote above:

Have you even reported bugs? I spent more time than you, giving feedback on this game and trying to improve it, compared to you flaming on a feedback post saying that players shouldn't complain because it's alpha. Blindingly saying everything is okay because it's alpha will make this game fail just like WarZ. The better way is criticising what's wrong, and working hard to let the devs know it needs fixing.

P.S. I had posted this on the feedback tracker:  http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=871

There is a difference between reporting bugs and shouting "herp derp just change the accuracy value in m4.h" in all-caps.

There is a difference between reporting bugs and shouting "herp derp just change the accuracy value in m4.h" in all-caps.

1) just screwing around, but it's not .h. header files don't need changing.

2) well I'm employing a new tactic. At least a forum mod replied once, although now I know forum mods and devs are completely different, as in they are not closely related enough to relay feedback.

In order to validate your claim that the accuracy is bad, you'd have to bolt down the M4 in-game and then test-fire.

Your character is not supposed to be military trained unlike in the DayZ mod. Perhaps this purported bad accuracy reflects that, perhaps it doesn't and is intended to show the poor quality of beat-up, post-apocalyptic weapons or perhaps it's merely a bug. In which case it'll be looked at in due time, rest assured.

In any case no, the gun-play isn't the focus of this game. Survival is.