Sign in to follow this  
capblackshot

Opinions/Suggestions for DayZ SA from Infestation/WarZ

Hello,

I'm a player of Infestation (formerly known as WarZ). Yes, I follow this game since the alpha stage and I know all the crap that Sergey Titov (its developer) committed. But with that, I have some ideas that could be harnessed to DayZ SA. Not all ideas of Infestation were crap.

Please understand that I do not want to do marketing, denigrate or praise a game or another. DayZ SA is also in the alpha stage and I think this is the time to criticize it.

1 - Zombie hit and mele weapons

I know the game engines are different, but it is noticeable that killing zombies in Infestation is better and easier (and the sound when hit a zombie). You can check it on the video below:

http://youtu.be/SABsR_7w9Js?t=1m36s

Currently, it is difficult to kill zombies with some melee weapons. The animation of all of them are very similar, and I think each one should have your animation. Other than that, when you hit the zombie, he keeps hitting you. This is bad. The melee weapons should be the best weapons used to kill zombies.

2 - Mouse

It is noticeable that the mouse movement is more fluid on Infestation. I tried to set the sensitivity and the movimentation of my mouse in DayZ SA, but nothing makes it enjoyable. Well, this is not just a peculiarity of the Infestation, but of any ordinary game. Also, you can check it on the same video.

3 - Zombies crossing constructions

I don't know if DayZ SA team have a solution more efficient, but I had access to some tools of Infestation and I know how the zombies do not penetrate objects. Simply, the studio/editor of Infestation has a tool that you select a particular location where the zombies can walk and spawn. Obviously, the zombies can not leave that area, but the builder, when activated, sets the area in which the zombies can walk without letting them collide with objects.

This should not consume a lot of server potential, and of course, to create hordes of zombies walking vaguely by the map would be more difficult.

Example image 1:

6DDXwlD.jpg

Example image 2:

3KYWOVB.jpg

(Thank you for my friend by the images!)

4 - Movimentation of the character and fall damage

Ok, what I'm going to talk here is not related to Infestation, but when you are on a top of a building (on edge) and you walk smoothly between them, your animation stops, but the character continue to walk. Ie, many times you fall from the construction and DIE. Other games have more synchronized paces.

About this theme, I would like to ask the team to give more attention to the fall system of the game. Currently, it's terrible and there is no animation when falling. Furthermore, you die or break the leg from a low altitude.

I hope the team hear the community and the suggestions graciously! 

Sorry for my basic English and thank you for the attention!

What happened to WarZ: http://warzscam.tumblr.com/

Edited by CapBlackShot

No thanks. 

By the way, turn off your aiming deadzone in the settings. That should help with your mouse problem.

Ok, I'll try, thank you! But did you read the thread or just the title?

Edited by CapBlackShot

I did follow the developement of WarZ since alpha, and thats gotta be the last game on earth to copy anything from. Even though your list had couple valid points.. No.

I also bought the legendary pack, and felt ripped off, even for alpha standards.

Edited by Konna
  • Like 1

Please, people! Understand that what I said should NOT be a copy. It should be used for a COMPARISON.

LOL, I know exactly how WarZ/Infestation is bad, but they really had some good ideas or developments, it is undeniable.

:)

Edited by CapBlackShot

Please, people! Understand that what I said should NOT be a copy. It should be used for a COMPARISON.

LOL, I know exactly how WarZ/Infestation is bad, but they really had some good ideas or developments, it is undeniable.

The game is bad, but yet they had some good ideas or developments? Doesn't make sense. DayZ can't benefit from anything related to WarZ, period.

Edited by Nigglas Cage

I did understand the point of the post, a few wrongly chosen words on my part, perhaps. But point is, things can be done so much better. I believe the current engine of DayZ is so much more flexible for tweaks. And you have to admit on the ISS zombie pathing, that it isn't working. Not to mention the melee system. Compaeison, but theres a lot better examples to compare to.

I read the thread. I just don't like most of those ideas. I've seen videos of the melee combat in WarZ and it doesn't really look that great. DayZ can use improvement, but it's alpha so... we can pretty much expect that. The zombie thing, well I just don't like it. It takes away the ability for zombies to horde and move across the map, which isn't a very good compromise just for server power. I'd rather see a system that allows people to create fortifications and have outside zombies siege those fortifications. Limiting them to a particular area is basically what we had in the mod. Also, their collision geometry and such will improve with time. The last one I don't have much of an opinion on, players glitching through walls and such is a problem the devs will eventually have to fix anyway. Fall damage, I don't know. It has to be done right. I've seen videos of people doing crazy stuff on skyscrapers in WarZ that makes no sense whatsoever. 

While some of your concerns are legitimate, I just don't think Infestation is necessarily a good model for solutions.

The game is bad, but yet they had some good ideas or developments? Doesn't make sense. DayZ can't benefit from anything related to WarZ, period.

Not everything someone does is bad. I'm not wanting to discuss about the two games, I'm just using Infestation as an example. Currently, it is the only strong competitor for DayZ.

I did understand the point of the post, a few wrongly chosen words on my part, perhaps. But point is, things can be done so much better. I believe the current engine of DayZ is so much more flexible for tweaks. And you have to admit on the ISS zombie pathing, that it isn't working. Not to mention the melee system. Compaeison, but theres a lot better examples to compare to.

I would reach this point. Thank you!

These games are so far apart in regards to comparison. The warz zombies are still not fixed after they said they where over a year later. A YEAR LATER! They have been like this from day one and instead of fixing it they add more animations. What warz did is jump on the dayz band wagon and try make a quit buck off it. It worked but they got way in over their head giving out false promises and just being one of the most corrupt companies in gaming existence. if you get banned for no reason ( which happens a lot ) you can either do one of two thins. Wait 6 months for a support reply or pay their streamer/developer to look at it, like what sort of game does that? They community manager ''Kewk'' is one of the most unprofessional excuses for a human being and treats the whole community like shit .They have no other form of income for themselves so they turn to their community to try and get all of their money. If you die, you need to pay or wait 30 minutes. If you want to get good loot, have to pay for special servers. Want ammo? HEY why not pay for that too. The game is a joke. Period. Dayz will not benefit in any way, shape or form and i honestly think Deal Hall knows this by now lol. So ill leave this rat with these final words. either one you are actually serious about what you say and are just so naive or two, you are someone from the forums of warz ( mod/developer maybe ) just trying to stir shit around. So please just stop, right now. 

• Like 2

These games are so far apart in regards to comparison. The warz zombies are still not fixed after they said they where over a year later. A YEAR LATER! They have been like this from day one and instead of fixing it they add more animations. What warz did is jump on the dayz band wagon and try make a quit buck off it. It worked but they got way in over their head giving out false promises and just being one of the most corrupt companies in gaming existence. if you get banned for no reason ( which happens a lot ) you can either do one of two thins. Wait 6 months for a support reply or pay their streamer/developer to look at it, like what sort of game does that? They community manager ''Kewk'' is one of the most unprofessional excuses for a human being and treats the whole community like shit .They have no other form of income for themselves so they turn to their community to try and get all of their money. If you die, you need to pay or wait 30 minutes. If you want to get good loot, have to pay for special servers. Want ammo? HEY why not pay for that too. The game is a joke. Period. Dayz will not benefit in any way, shape or form and i honestly think Deal Hall knows this by now lol. So ill leave this rat with these final words. either one you are actually serious about what you say and are just so naive or two, you are someone from the forums of warz ( mod/developer maybe ) just trying to stir shit around. So please just stop, right now. 

Please, stop! I know all this about the game and, no, I'm not a developer or a moderator from WarZ. I just have 50 posts there right now.

Maybe I have to remove "Infestation/WarZ" from the title.

The melee system in DayZ is FINE. Hitting the zombie in the head will knock it down. The only thing that needs fixing is the sound

Other than that, when you hit the zombie, he keeps hitting you. This is bad. 

Why? Do you really think it would just stand there and do nothing at all?

I know the game engines are different, but it is noticeable that killing zombies in Infestation is better and easier (and the sound when hit a zombie).

Are you kidding me? It sounds like you're hitting a wooden plank and the zombie just stands there like it's already dead, totally ignoring the fact that it's head is being hammered. Trust me, I've played WarZ/Infestation/whatever long enough to positively say that an army of zombies can be killed with a goddamn flashlight. Try doing that in DayZ. That's right, you can't. Because it would be too easy!

Seanayy is right. Not to mention their screenshots on Steam, they're all "gameplay footage" yet 90% of them consist of impossible situations within the game. Plus they've lied about many things during the game's development

Moral of the story: WarZ can't be compared to DayZ. They're totally different games.

• Like 1

The melee system in DayZ is FINE. Hitting the zombie in the head will knock it down. The only thing that needs fixing is the sound

Why? Do you really think it would just stand there and do nothing at all?

Are you kidding me? It sounds like you're hitting a wooden plank and the zombie just stands there like it's already dead, totally ignoring the fact that it's head is being hammered. Trust me, I've played WarZ/Infestation/whatever long enough to positively say that an army of zombies can be killed with a goddamn flashlight. Try doing that in DayZ. That's right, you can't. Because it would be too easy!

Seanayy is right. Not to mention their screenshots on Steam, they're all "gameplay footage" yet 90% of them consist of impossible situations within the game. Plus they've lied about many things during the game's development

Moral of the story: WarZ can't be compared to DayZ. They're totally different games.

Finally someone with some fricking sense. Also in regards to them screenshots, those places are not even in the game.

Also in regards to them screenshots, those places are not even in the game.

Aye, that too.

Of like to see more of the original game (WarZ) in this blatant ripoff. I especially want the Christmas themed backpacks and hats, and the ability to buy items for extremely silly prices.

Oh! And I also loved how many awesome, even unbelievable, features WarZ has! Zombie hordes, vehicles, skill trees, and

Fuck it. I don't have the heart to keep thinking about WarZ.

Of like to see more of the original game (WarZ) in this blatant ripoff. I especially want the Christmas themed backpacks and hats, and the ability to buy items for extremely silly prices.

Oh! And I also loved how many awesome, even unbelievable, features WarZ has! Zombie hordes, vehicles, skill trees, and

Fuck it. I don't have the heart to keep thinking about WarZ.

you what?