Scrullet

M4 spawn rate needs a nerf

Something tells me that you should have gotten BF4 instead of DayZ.....

Something tells me you should go fuck yourself.

Edited by Max Planck
Make your point without getting personal, please.

It suck, it suck, it sucks..

You ever shot a rifle? If you greenhorn touch a .50 it 'll rip you right arm right off your torso, so stop complaining.

We should totally have that in game... .50's but if you fire them you loose a limb :D :D

cool so what, I dont think you got my point, this is a game not real life.

so far keeping items "rare" has not worked out in dayzmod... we will see how it is gonna go without duping, though.

i'd prefer to have no modern assault rifles and snipers (AS50 is just too hard) in dayz at all - mozin-like weaponry should be sufficient.

thank you thank you thank you! you know, DMR's were supposed to be rare too... You could find a g36, an M4 and a DMR in the same firestation! Don't give me that crap of "let's make it rare". You either put it in the game and expect 50+% of the players to run around with it, or you don't put it in at all!

And I'll stand up while I flame this : NO MODERN MILLITARY WEAPONRY IN DAYZ!

please? ;)

• Like 1

Something tells me you should go fuck yourself.

Something tells me you need to calm down.  No need to get in a fight over guns.

Something tells me you need to calm down.  No need to get in a fight over guns.

Better than getting in a fight with guns :P :P

cool so what, I dont think you got my point, this is a game not real life.

Real life has millitary weapons. DayZ shouldn't

thank you thank you thank you! you know, DMR's were supposed to be rare too... You could find a g36, an M4 and a DMR in the same firestation! Don't give me that crap of "let's make it rare". You either put it in the game and expect 50+% of the players to run around with it, or you don't put it in at all!

please? ;)

If the spawn rate is actually low I dont think 50% of the players will run around with it, no modern military weaponry? Its a game dickhead. Games are there for fun, to a certain point for realism, but not only for that their main point is fun.

Better than getting in a fight with guns :P :P

Real life has millitary weapons. DayZ shouldn't

That last sentance makes me think your just a troll.

If the spawn rate is actually low I dont think 50% of the players will run around with it, no modern military weaponry? Its a game dickhead. Games are there for fun, to a certain point for realism, but not only for that their main point is fun.

Duh. I'm just saying, many weapons were supposed to be super rare, yet many had them. Duping, cheating, exploiting and serverhopping are just some of the causes. You're lying to yourself when you belive that lower spawnrates will make up for a weapons strenght. It's the opposite way acctually.

That last sentance makes me think your just a troll.

I'll refrain from saying what I think now, I don't need another infraction point....

considering there is only 3 guns in the game currently, more variety will cause the M4 to be more rare naturally without any tweaking

please? ;)

I've been in a few pistol fire fights that were highly enjoyable. If pistols were made the staple along with mele and rifles the rarer weapon then this would be ideal. B)

they already said this wont happen

considering if it came down to it in real life, people would convert their semi auto ARs and AKs to full auto.

This is Europe. Noone but the military has semiautos, and handguns are virtually non-existent outside law enforment and criminal environments

• Like 2

considering there is only 3 guns in the game currently, more variety will cause the M4 to be more rare naturally without any tweaking

Yeah well, the total amount of rifles remains the same... The difference between getting shot with a M4 vs a G36 is minimal...

This is Europe. Noone but the military has semiautos, and handguns are virtually non-existent outside law enforment and criminal environments

I wouldn't go that far... After the wall came down, you could buy kalashs for a couple hundred dollars everywhere (if you know where to look that is :D )

Yet compared to 'murica the total amount of guns is much smaller and full autos are near to non existant. But there are decent amounts of semi autos and handguns.

Edited by Weparo

This!

:beans:

I didn't ask for a flame war. I'm pretty new to the forums and I thought I'd bring up a topic that someone could shed some light on for me. But yet I get arrogant responses.

Since you're new use the search function. Odds are the topic has been discussed before.

Since you're new use the search function. Odds are the topic has been discussed before.

I know how to use the search funtion thanks. I couldn't find anything on this topic.

My thoughts on the topic. 

As far as the military weapons in dayz is concerned. I DO think they should be avail. However extremely rare, and i feel ammo should be really hard to come by. Now, i base this off of the scenario that i have in my mind. Post apocalyptic era zombie scenario, where the military has already tried and failed to intervene. That being said i would like to see military weapons be only at a couple places. 

1. Military compounds, but keep the spawn rate low. This makes searching these places out a gamble. Unlikely there would be a gun there, but still a chance. Also highly likely someone else looted it before you, making the chance even more rare. Not to mention the ammo. 

2. Random military wreckage. Much like the random helicopter crashes in the mod, i think it would be cool to find some military gear in random military wreckage around the map. Even if it is just pieces of said weapons, you could possibly assemble them together after time IF and only IF you wanna put in the effort to do so. If people wanna gun other people down with an automatic gun so badly, make em work for it. 

so with that being said. I would like to see a higher spawn rate of civ weapons as well, which i am sure will come in future updates. We are all basically testing the game, and finding things we would all like to see and vote on to implement in future updates. 

Happy gaming everyone, and good luck.

It doesn't need to be lowered, it will fix itself when more weapons are added. You realize that there are only 4 weapons in the game right?(Or 3, I still don't believe the .357 mag is spawning)

I'm all with you here dude. The amount of times where I'm out gunned by 3 bandits with M4's and I have a Mosin. The M4 should be made a semi-auto civilian model in my opinion. I'm not a big fan of these high powered military assault rifles.

It's not America. I highly doubt the Chernarussians use a western assault rufle as a civ weapon.

I think they should keep military weapons.  However, I think that the military weapons should be vary rare once they add a lot more civilian weapons.

What is a "military" weapon?  AKs, M4s, Mosins, etc. were/are standard issue for militaries.  Bolt action rifles are used by militaries still, does that make a scoped bolt action rifle a "military" firearm?  Think on this.

While the spawn rate on these does seem rediculous right now I mostly point at the small number of weapons and ammo for it to spawn. I find it hilarious running around with an M4, 6-60 round clips and 2 ammo cans full of ammo and then running into a place and gunning down all the zeds as they start running up to me. Yes I said zeds, I don't like killing other players unless they surprise me around a corner or come charging at me with a weapon drawn.

I have noticed that the food and drink items have been spawning more in some military type locations instead of ammo and attachments. Although that could just be random chance too.

Imo high end military weapons should be in the mod, but also extremely rare.

The issue with this in the mod was not rarity, but duping and loot-cycling.

If that PKM, SAW, Lapua or whatever has a 0.1% chance to spawn at a crash sites that already are very rare finds themselves, these high grade weapons are not going to affect balance at all, but still give you something to look forward to.

When we played DayZero on a Server with its own database, we played for ~6 months but NEVER managed to get our hands on a Lapua (the only 1-hit kill sniper rifle in that mod) or saw another player using it.

So yea, without duping and loot cycling having high grade military weapons should not be an issue.

Edited by vile.