Sign in to follow this  
MCRoadkill

Show wear&tear of clothes/item/weapons

Every item in the game has a "state" (Pristine, worn, badly worn, badly damaged etc.)

You can still use it, but you don't know or can't see how much is left or how much bonus you get from the item untill it's completly gone and unable to be used.

For example in Dead Island, you have a weapon that is a 100% you hack and slash your way through a horde and you see the blade bend and break, you check the state of the weapon and see when it's like 30%.

You go to a workbench and you can repair or upgrade the weapon so you can make it tougher, make weapons mods etc.

I hope something similar will be featured in DayZ

Im not sure about anything else but i know with the UK assault vest dpm if its pristine it looks like brand new dpm quite bright and the battered stuff looks work and changes colour.

It is in for clothes and at least optics. I think the break point from the one to the other texture/model is from "worn" to "damaged". Clothes fade and have tears, dirt and scratches, optics on rifles shatter (which looks pretty impressive by the way). I don't think it's in for melee weapons yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was in the future, perhaps with more condition stages as well. 

Oh, it's also in for backpacks and motorbike helmets.

Edited by Merino

Yeah but you can still use them, wich is pointless.

It should break down and disappear or even give you a debuff.

Same for the 0% bananas, apples and cans :P

Edited by MCRoadkill