brianint

Military bases

Hi all!

In the mod, NWA and Stary (and Balota to begin with) were the places you would go to find military loot + heli crashes of course. After some time, Balota was drastically stripped of military loot. I liked this, because I always felt you should be rewarded for heading north. Thus the dissapointment of arriving at NEA was always big. I was really hoping this would change in the standalone, but no. This is, in my opinion, and I'm sure more agree with me, increadibly sad, as NEA is one of the coolest places in Chernarus, and I really think you should be rewarded for going there. By not having a high value loot area there, the North Eastern part of the map isn't really worth visiting.

My biggest issue is that instead of making NEA worth visiting, Balota has become probably the best place to find good gear, which doesn't make any sense to me at all. Balota has become an incentiv that encourages people to stay by the cost, rather than heading north, and I believe this will end up in a PvP zone that eventually will turn DayZ into something it shouldn't be. Wouldn't it be better if NEA were more like Balota and the other way around?

Does anyone share my concern, or am I simply too conservative? What are your thoughts?

Brian 

• Like 3

It has two prison. Good loot in there. But yeah can agree. GIVE NEAF 2 BARRACKS ASWELL!!!!

True. For what people must go north if they can find all they needed on cost? I can walk aroud for hours and dont meet any soul at north._. Only baraks hoppers.

• Like 1

Yea there needs to be far more of a reason to go north.

Either remove the coastal spawns or get rid of the balota military loot.

I hear what your saying..

But The Dev's are testing the basic mechanics of the game they want minimum loot, guns and qear easy to obtain from start so the testing can commence ASAP.

Patience is Key..

KDAAlhu.gif

Edited by Aussie Bogan

I agree i think that Balotta loot spawns should be tuned down and when they have the abiliity to, add A LOT of zombies there to make it harder for people to spawn by the coast gear up in 5 minutes and just sit there waiting for players to ambush or the loot to respawn. When they get more items in the game i think military grade items like the scopes, M4's and the camo clothes and anything military orientated should only spawn up north in the airfields or very rarely down south and again add hundreds of zombies to the military areas so that your encouraged to work together to clear the zombies first. 

So instead of just everyone spawning at Balotta, you spawn loot the coast for basics like food water maybe a old weapon and some warm clothes and are encouraged to move inland for better loot and if you want military loot go up north where the risk of death is higher by zombies, better geared up playes and organized groups.

I hear what your saying..

But The Dev's are testing the basic mechanics of the game they want minimum loot, guns and qear easy to obtain from start so the testing can commence ASAP.

Patience is Key..

KDAAlhu.gif

I know it's alpha, but a year ago they were showing pictures of the new military camp at Balota, so it's obviously there to stay

This is such a common complaint and I just don't understand how people are complaining about balota. I've literally never found anything in balota, even with server hopping because it's completely picked clean every single time.

I'd like to see a smaller military encampment on Klen hill (just South of NEAF). I can imagine that it was chosen as a base of operations because they thought that the hillside would slow the zeds down and the elevation would make it easier to defend.

Gameplay-wise, I think that smaller military loot points in key areas of the map are the way to go, not beefed up variations on prexisting military locations. Klen would also be an interesting place to assault and defend; Attackers are concealed by cover right up to the hilltop, defenders have the advantage of high ground but nowhere to withdraw to if the battle doesn't go in their favour.

• Like 1

This is such a common complaint and I just don't understand how people are complaining about balota. I've literally never found anything in balota, even with server hopping because it's completely picked clean every single time.

Doesn't that simply imply that other people haven't had such bad luck?

• Like 1

I know it's alpha, but a year ago they were showing pictures of the new military camp at Balota, so it's obviously there to stay

Sure, i was more or less answering the reason why it's hardly worth running North due to lack of players and loot..

As soon as the loot starts to respawn you will too

I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade but do we not all complain about when we feel DayZ doesn't live up to the realism/simulation we have come to expect as promoted by Rocket?

If you answered yes then why are you complaining about something they have hit bang on? To start with if a real life dayz situation was to break out where would be the first place you would head? I know I would head for the first place I can find a big ass gun and probably a way off the godforsaken land I'm on hence the coast! So in reality it would cause a real life PVP situation two people want something but unfortunately there is only one of it!

Get over the fact that people have got there before you and if its a fairness issue then I hate to break it to you but life's not fair they've hit the nail bang on the head get over it!

• Like 2

I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade but do we not all complain about when we feel DayZ doesn't live up to the realism/simulation we have come to expect as promoted by Rocket?

If you answered yes then why are you complaining about something they have hit bang on? To start with if a real life dayz situation was to break out where would be the first place you would head? I know I would head for the first place I can find a big ass gun and probably a way off the godforsaken land I'm on hence the coast! So in reality it would cause a real life PVP situation two people want something but unfortunately there is only one of it!

Get over the fact that people have got there before you and if its a fairness issue then I hate to break it to you but life's not fair they've hit the nail bang on the head get over it!

I think you missed the point of this topic.

• Like 1

Its seems like there is way too much high grade loot atm, from bullets to guns.
I think much will change after they get loot system right and cooking etc equipment working... atm you just stuff your inventory full of food and ammo and meds.. just like in the mod.
Also when servers arent restarting every 2-4 hours and people server hopping for loot it will get better.

I think you missed the point of this topic.

Not really cause in all fairness those who want to avoid confrontation now have the option to sulk into the woods and make their way north as it seems to be apparent that they will be left to their own devices.

As for saying there is too much of something? Its a military base and prison and correct me if I'm wrong but are the military not famous for stockpiling equipment and heaven forbid it be weapons and ammo, the tools of the trade so to speak for the military! I mean there are pros and cons for everything at least its safer in the north and by all reports food is more abundant?!? That seems like a pretty good reason to head north to me!!!

If you want the gucci gear you will need to take the risks of high PVP confrontation!

Edited by PikeyBoo

The Alpha is trying to test features right now, not limit them.  Alpha means the feature set is not finalised.  Some of what you see now may not make the final cut, or may be drastically altered.

Don't forget, the game mechanics need to be right before the game play is refined, so how will that be achieved by making everything scarce?

I too think there are too many military bases ... for the FINAL game ... but understand the need to include a large number of things to get them tested.

What we have the opportunity to do, apart from provide sufficient warm bodies, is provide useful feedback to help shape the final game.

Edited by RN_Max

Balota is okay for the most part.Maybe if they took away the barracks and that area with a bunch of tents closer to the shore where you can easily pimp out your gun within 5 mins. That should really be somewhere up like NEAF 

While Balota usually does have some pretty nice and military grade loot, i usually find it as a secondary source of that kind of stuff. If i spawn near it, sure i'll drop in the air base, but otherwise, the international air base way up north is where i usually find all of my good gear. And like the op was saying, that's a good incentive to get people moving north.

If there is something, what don't make sense, then this, that so small country has the opportunity to maintain the several military airbases. The reality is different, mostly.

I would assume that Balota's airfield would turn into the airport of agricultural Aviation. And there could be put a couple of AN 2. Also maybe one of the fire-fighting AN 2. Something like here.

2uo6ul4.jpg  

At same time i would suggest to change the North-West International Airport into Military air base, where once was a Soviet heavy bombers, and later some Chernarussian fighter jets. Maybe, if in future we will see capital city of Chernarus , it is logical to assume that the international airport will be close to it. imho.

For what people must go north if they can find all they needed on cost?

For helicopter crash sides, building a base, finding a car or helicopter, hunting etc and the important thing to survive.

The game is not finished.

Lots of military weapons are spawning at Balota temporarily I believe, so that players can get weapons quick and report bugs, see how it feels etc. They will probably decrease the spawn of military loot at Balota in incoming patches and modify the whole military loot table

Edited by Gdaddy22