Sign in to follow this  
haxborn

Why DayZ is already one of the best games I've ever played

I'll start of by saying, I'm not a fanboy, I did not play the mod nor checked every little detail about this game during development, although I partly followed it's progress so I was kind of excited about it.

When I started playing, at one point of view I got excited, I thought about the infinite possibilities of what could happend when I was playing, I was a rookie and did not know the map or "tricks" to this game yet.

Although the game felt a little dull, but I still had my hopes up.

My first player encounter was a friendly guy who tought me where to look for items and the controls, I was really impressed about how I could hear him saying: Hey, bro?? from far away, as he came closer, his voice increased. It felt so freaking scripted, I could even see his MOUTH MOVING. That was a big plus.

I played on and eventually got killed by a bunch of bandits with guns, although I had only a baseball bat and struggled to survive. Well that was one of many encounters.

IF TL:DR START HERE:

But the thing that makes this game the best is these two experiences:

I just found my first weapon ever, never been so hyped or scared of dying before, I saw an small airfield, close to the sea. Headed to the big buildings by the hangars, as I approached I could hear voiced from inside. I mean comeon? How f*cking cool is this. I could hear weak voices from inside, planning where to go. I didn't know what to do. Do I hide and wait, or try to team up, or kill them? I decided to wait. Later on I heard them saying: lets go kill someone. So I raised my m4 and waited by the door. As they step out I said, hey guys, I'm friendly (all on instinct). I could see them raise their axes and rush towards me like zombies themselves, so I emptied my mag and both went down. My heart pumped like never before from playing a game. As I looted them I got shot by a sniper, one shot one kill. Still awesome though.

The second experience:

I met a friend a couple of minutes after I spawned, we teamed up to look for food and water together so we could share it all. Became real f*cking bros.  :)  I said that we could go more north to find better loot and items, he though that was a great idea, although we were both new and had no idea where to go. We followed the roads north and found something that looked like a military base. It was night now and we were kind of paranoid. We decided not to go in the main door, if there were bandits, they would easily spot us. We went around the wall and found a broken part. All of a sudden my friend THREW him self on the ground. I did the same as quick as I could, that was when I also saw it, 4-5 flashlights searching the base. He started to whisper, lets go in this house to take cover. We crawled all the way hoping they wouldnt go inside the same house as us. We made it and searched the house, when all of a sudden, we could hear voices and flashlights approatching. We got panic and said, lets be quiet and go to the roof. The bandits were now searching the very building we were in, all we had was axes and 1 handgun with about 5 bullets, wouldn't be enough since they looked armed. They came closer and closer to the roof, so I whispered: lets climb down this ladder to sneak away unseen. So we did, when we got down and though we were alright is when hell broke loose. Gunshots, alot. RUN!! We ran like crazy and avoided bullets. I got hit once but it wasn't lethal. We saw them running towards us from behind, 5 guys with guns and flashlights. We though that if we get out in the open, they would gun us down, so we made a last stand in a building. We waited inside one of these barracks and they said: get out or we'll kill u both, u can join us. But we didn't believe them, and we were now typing on steam since it made no sound ingame and we could talk private. The bandits eventually rushed the building and we got one of them down but both died.

This is why this game has already been the most awesome game experience I've ever had, Inspite the games flaws and bugs which makes the game way worse than it could be, it got amazing potential. 

I hope rocket hears this :)

Regards

• Like 19

Gosh if he finds Mtn Dew I need to know where he got it, cause we don't have irl soda brands :P At least not that I know of xD

I play 6 or 9 hours and I love this game! (first time)

Beans for the story! And welcome to DayZ!

Welcome aboard mate, it's awesome to see new players 'getting it' from stories like these.

All the best in the aposchcalypsch!

You know that friendly guy you first met coulda been me, cause I did exactly that for a guy like yesterday. Was it near Balota (the airfield)?

anyways, nice story!