rhino177

DayZ SA ~ Cannot talk or hear direct chat.

I play with a group of about 5ish guys, all of them can talk/type listen/read in direct chat.  They can all hear and read eachothers typed messages and hear VOIP but for some reason I can't hear them or read messages.  They can't see my messages either.  My VOIP is turned up, no one muted, I can hear the game just fine.  I've used the search feature but I vant find anyone in DayZ SA that has this issue, and the stuff that I've found doesnt seem to work.

Anyone else have this problem?  Is there a known solution?

Hi i have a similar situation i can send and see messages and i can hear when people are bugged and speaking in global but i cannot speak or hear direct communication. I haven't been able to find anything on it either so frustrating. 

I got mine to work by turning my mic on from Windows settings. Dunno if that's the cause for you, but you should prolly try it if you haven't already.

I have the same problem... Nobody is interested in fixing this!!! Nobody gets my massages... Its really annoying getting shot because you cant speak/write to them...

My problem is i have 2 sound devices. I use my surround sound for game sounds and i have a USB wireless headset that will only broadcast teamspeak. There is no way yet to tell the game what device to transmit on. I believe Arma 2 had the same lack of function as-well.

Heres the thing though too, I can't change to another channel apart from Direct. Comma, dot keys pressed , nothing happens except direct channel opens..Bug or what? Thx

Edited by Highlander007

I got mine to work by turning my mic on from Windows settings. Dunno if that's the cause for you, but you should prolly try it if you haven't already.

this was exactly it.  i can hear and type in direct, thanks a ton fluff!

Heres the thing though too, I can't change to another channel apart from Direct. Comma, dot keys pressed , nothing happens except direct channel opens..Bug or what? Thx

There is only Direct Comm, its a feature. Others are disabled in SA.

There is only Direct Comm, its a feature. Others are disabled in SA.

Thx, so that means I can only hear someone in near vecinity and only chat and write to someone thats close to me...Because I cant see other people chatting on the server either..Shouldnt there be a server chat for the server I+m on at that moment?

Apart from my own, I cannot see any Direct Chat (and as I understand it there are no other channels at the moment so can't see them either). Other people can see mine though, reactions have been duly noted but I haven't heard a peep.

My friend also can not hear direct VOIP.He hears me,i can read his direct chat but nobody hears him.

• Like 1

same issue here, everyone can read what i type(i have no mic), but i cannot hear them nor read their typing....any thoughts on a fix?

i have shot dead around 8 people because when i ytold them to surrender they wouldnt hear me.

Edited by Miquinei

The Arma engine uses TCP/UDP port 2304 for VON.

If your firewall is blocking that for some reason you won't be able to talk or hear anyone.

It won't affect text chat though. I don't think text and voice are connected so it doesn't make sense for text chat to not work.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_FAQ#Is_VOIP_implemented_in_ArmA.3F