vitorsa

How about a change in Day/nigth cycle ?

Vote about what do you think in cycle Day/nigth of the game.  

242 members have voted

1. 1. about the cycle

• keep as it is now (24h)
    • Reduce to 12h
    • reduce to 6h
    • make the nigth brigther
    • add some collors to the nigth
    • Reduce to a time not stated here( say bellow)
    • Reduce to 8h
    • Reduce to 4h

As the title says i want to know an opinion about the cycle in the game because some players will only be able to play in a certain part of the day (what could be frustating) for example people that work will only play in nigth servers (unles they chose a really high ping servers) so i really wanted to ask for a reduce in the time cicle from 24 hours to 6 hours so any player will be able to play in day and nigth.

i really like nigth periods however the absence of color bores me and i really like to see the world of Dayz.

i really dont like the 24 h day servers as they break the atmosfere of the game.

if any of you have a suggestion please tell bellow.

Edited by TenenteSa

I really don't want them to change the time.  They already are allowing 24/7 day servers.  You could try finding one of those if you want.  They have quite a bit of them up already.

• Like 2

8 hour server because then it would be night time every other day in the normal guys "after work" time. Or make night darker. As it is now you don´t need your flashlight because you can just increase gamma and brightness. Which sucks

• Like 1

I'd prefer 24 hour servers. You can easily find a server where it is currently daytime with a 24 hour cycle. In your area that is. The servers are not syncronised to the real time at their location.

I would like to see a shorter day and night cycle (maybe 5hr day/ 5hr night) and have every server time synced so people can't just avoid night by going to a day server (or even worse 24/7 day servers). I'm well aware that this'll probably never happen though.

• Like 5

I wish everyone was forced to endure a little bit of night time. 3-6hrs seems the best for a day length and then sync all servers.

Night time is definitely a fun challenge but not when it lasts too long.

Edited by Frell
  • Like 5

I really don't want them to change the time.  They already are allowing 24/7 day servers.  You could try finding one of those if you want.  They have quite a bit of them up already.

Well i really dont like 24/7 day servers, i want to play in both day and nigth.

I wish everyone was forced to endure a little bit of night time. 3-6hrs seems the best for a day length and then sync all servers.

Night time is definitely a fun challenge but not when it lasts too long.

well i agree totally with you i like day and i like the nigth.

• Like 1

we want shorter cycles,so we can play in both,day and night

and the night its color looks awful.

• Like 4

well i agree, the nigth looks dead, because the absence of collors.

• Like 1

8 hour server because then it would be night time every other day in the normal guys "after work" time. Or make night darker. As it is now you don´t need your flashlight because you can just increase gamma and brightness. Which sucks

its the same for me, i only have a period of the day to play so when i play is everything dark and what more bothers me is the fact that the nigth is black and white.

• Like 1

agreed

T-Dawg:

It seems to vary. Even with gamma and brightness maxed, I can't make out anything more than the tops of buildings and trees against the sky. Given that my free time is at night, that makes it rather difficult.

A flashlight helps, but given the issues with light diffusion, it's actually not that useful indoors. Still looking for a lamp to use, though it's like a beacon for everyone within a kilometer or two :(

This topic has been brought up so many times... Be good if people would use the search function and maybe post in the already 4 or 5 of the same threads.

Anyway, as said before. The solution is to give us Admins proper GMT settings, NOT shorter day/night cycles, NOT 24/7 day. People who give the excuse of "I work all day" would be easily accommodated by having servers within their TZ that had GMT settings that were daylight when they wanted to play. Easy!

Although, at this point in time it appears that server hosters are having issues setting the proper GMT to their boxes so some Admins HAVE to resort to 24/7 daylight(reluctantly) until there is a fix. A lot of us Admins abhor 24/7 daylight but really have no other options at this point besides doing it manually, which could be a pain in the ass.

I'm hoping for a fix to the day/night cycle soon but for people to want easy mode 24/7 daylight permanently or shorter day/night cycles... HELL NO!

Edited by R.Neville

I would say 4 hours... 1 hour pitch black, 3 hours daytime (dusk, noon, dawn)

Well for one thing on certain NJ servers the time zone is all off.  Its daylight between the hours of 3:00 AM and 11:00 AM.  If they insist on a 24 hour system at least make it appropriate for the region.

Kom, the problem with region locking is that anyone who only has the evening off is forced to play during night time, or use a server in a different region/continent, which increases their lag.

I'm all for giving the server hosts the option to define day length. Everyone wins.

Kom, the problem with region locking is that anyone who only has the evening off is forced to play during night time, or use a server in a different region/continent, which increases their lag.

I'm all for giving the server hosts the option to define day length. Everyone wins.

what could be done is vary the servers cycle lengh but i really prefer a shorten day/nigth cycle so someone in the same day could pass trough the day an nigth

at some point it comes to a kind of lose/lose situation, where it's going to be exploited or someone is going to be inconvenienced. the simplest thing (to me) is to let servers set their time, but not change the length of the days or cycles. maybe only let them set the time once every 24 hours, so they can't just set it back when it starts to get dark. they could also do it so the servers are tied to their timezone, but there's an option to offset the server by 12 hours

I agree that if someone can only play from 9pm to 12am, they shouldn't be forced to never see daytime, or join a server halfway across the world. there needs to be some compromise for them

I don't see a problem with a shorter day/night cycle. You get more variety within a game session.

It seems to me (for what that's worth) that it would be relatively easy just to let hosts set the length of a day.

• Like 1

I don't see a problem with a shorter day/night cycle. You get more variety within a game session.

It seems to me (for what that's worth) that it would be relatively easy just to let hosts set the length of a day 

well 24 hours is a realist thing but ive got infection (sick) and got cured within 2 hours of game in real life it should take at least 3 days so why the hours should be so realistic and the other elements no? 

and a shorter cycle makes the game more imersive as players will get all parts or most of day parts in a session of gaming.