oliverouten

Day Z Standalone on a mac - is it possible?

Hi There!

Now before you guys say that macs are bad believe me i know they are the most irritating machines on the planet - that is why it is unfortunate that i have to own one! (unexpected bday present)

I prefer pc and recognise that day z cannot be played on a mac! However i was wondering is it possible to bootcamp windows 7 onto my mac pro and play it like that (basically installing windows on my mac)

These are the minimum required specs:

Windows Vista SP2 or Windows 7 SP1

Intel Dual-Core 2.4 Ghz or AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz

Memory 2GB

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT or AMD Radeon HD 3830 or Intel Graphics 4000 with 512MB Vram

My specs are pretty average tho:

Mac OSX Mavericks

2.4 Ghz Intel Core i5

4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 3000 384mb

Do you think considering these specs that if i am running windows it would be possible to play day z? I am aware however that my Intel graphics card is below the minimum - do you think i could get away with it?

Thanks guys!

Intel HD Graphics 3000 384mb

If you're a masochist go for it... but I doubt it would even run.

Enjoy 5 fps

As someone who can play with an HD4/3000 on the MOD (around 20fps with the shittiest CPU around)....he might atleast get 10...:P

• Like 2

I used to play on specs like that but an i3 and I could get sometimes 20 FPS out of town. But in Cherno I'd get around 7. (That was on DayZ mod) So I really don't know about Standalone.

So would it even start or would it start and i have to play on the lowest settings?

As someone who can play with an HD4/3000 on the MOD (around 20fps with the shittiest CPU around)....he might atleast get 10... :P

Snipez! - Are you saying someone got 20fps on the mod with my graphics card? Would that mean i could get 20fps now?

I used to play on specs like that but an i3 and I could get sometimes 20 FPS out of town. But in Cherno I'd get around 7. (That was on DayZ mod) So I really don't know about Standalone.

Would you say that it was playable or was it really bad? Were you stuck on the lowest settings all the time?

So would it even start or would it start and i have to play on the lowest settings?

Snipez! - Are you saying someone got 20fps on the mod with my graphics card? Would that mean i could get 20fps now?

I had it on low with no anti-aliasing and my CPU was a little better than yours, so you might get 10-20, yess.

As above - your OS will not be the problem, your specs will.

Edited by Mos1ey
  • Like 1

Would you say that it was playable or was it really bad? Were you stuck on the lowest settings all the time?

Yes I had to go very lowest and put it on windowed.

I just hope this is not a Mac Pro you talk about... maybe a MacBook? Every Mac Pro has a discrete GPU. 

Have you tried it yet? Does it work? I'd like to try this on my MacBook too, but I have a NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M.

If you're a masochist go for it... but I doubt it would even run.

I actually ran Dayz/Arma II on Intel Hd 2000 graphics suprisingly well. Everything low of course except on arma II. I could run it on medium settings in idle environments.

Don't give the guy false hope, people. He will get 20 FPS at best in the woods, but as soon as he is in any town (big or small) it will drop under 10. Even on the lowest, lowest settings.

Good luck fighting zombies/players with that.

In a few days I will try it with my Intel HD Graphics 4000, but this one has 1Gbyte graphics ram...

Pls tell me how it goes man! Would love to know!!

I just hope this is not a Mac Pro you talk about... maybe a MacBook? Every Mac Pro has a discrete GPU. 

Have you tried it yet? Does it work? I'd like to try this on my MacBook too, but I have a NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M.

Yeah macbook - im trying it in the new year - 1st or 2nd something like that!

Oh and moved.

Edit - this was moved due to the thread being about the Standalone NOT the Mod.

Edited by DemonGroover

So I tried it on my rMBP, but I'm not able to change the graphics from the GeForce GT 650m to the HD 4000. So I can not tell you wether this will work or not. But in the resources description you can see, that a HD 4000 is required as a minimum. So your 3000 probably wont work... With my descrete graphics card it works very well. But don't try to play it at the full retina resolution. 2880x1800 and your Macbook will burn ;-)

Maybe you should just give it a try... When the game goes into beta or gets finally released you'll probably have a new PC. 

Edited by aldi1991mt