Sign in to follow this  
tacticalbeard (DayZ)

Change name on DayZ Standalone

So I installed Dayz Standalone and it automatically picked a character name, which happens to be my real name, which I do not want to be used while I play video games. How do I change the character name in Dayz Standalone?

So I installed Dayz Standalone and it automatically picked a character name, which happens to be my real name, which I do not want to be used while I play video games. How do I change the character name in Dayz Standalone?

As has already been mentioned, DayZ uses your Steam persona/community name.  This is not the same as your Steam account name.  FYI, It is not recommended you use the same Steam persona name as your account name.

You can change your Steam name from the Community tab and editing your user profile.

Edited by NeedsFoodBadly
  • Like 1

Anyway to delete a post? I watched the video and that was too easy. I went into documents and changed that way. haha

be seeing you...

Edited by thePrisoner

Since the last update a couple of days ago for some reason it's ignoring my Steam name and using my PC name.

So I'm running around as 'i7' and it's really annoying that the game is taking system information and injecting it ingame.

Guess I'll watch the vid posted above...?

With the new update all you have to do to change your name is go into the main menu where you can see play, configure, character, etc, and left click on your name in the bottom right corner to edit it. Hope this helps

• Like 1

Just open the game, click on the right bottom corner on where your name is, hit backspace to delete it and write the desired nickname. You don't need to change your steam name...

• Like 3

Awesome - thanks heaps. Didn't think to click on the name itself.

If you still need help, heres my quick video for the people wondering how to change the name.

Thank you guys so much, I had this problem too, and this fixed it. Now my IGN is the same as my forum name, HappyXceed, hope to see you in game  :lol: