mtv@mtv.pri.ee

Dayz Standalone Graphic Guide for better FPS

Hey guys,

I made a video tutorial about getting good FPS in DayZ as it is pretty hard hitting for your PC atm.

I will keep looking how to tweak the guide and get you guys even better FPS.

Best regards,

Z4NN1N

• Like 4

Testing it right now, i'll let you know if i'll get a huge boost

How many frames did you win?

DayZ Standalone Nightvision aka how to see during the night

Edited by Z4NN1N
  • Like 1

Thanks a lot for your boost FPS guide. Especially the HDR & Ambient occlusion removal allowed me to hit about 50 FPS while keeping everything else to higher quality. The nightvision trick with the cloud setting is great as well in the second guide.

Edited by V0rador

Good guide and explaination.

with everything default 12-15

With guide 26-30

So obviously it helped me thank you

Going to test out the guide and see how those settings are, at least until I get my GTX 660 OC. Kind of ironic that a person with that good of a computer is making a video guide about achieving more FPS.

Edited by CS14

Kind of ironic that a person with that good of a computer is making a video guide about achieving more FPS.

Did you think that just maybe, he did it to help out other people who weren't getting good FPS?

• Like 2

Wrong section of the forums, you posted in the DayZ Mod Section not Standalone

• Like 1

Wrong section of the forums, you posted in the DayZ Mod Section not Standalone

Oh, my bad. Sorry about that. Could a mod maybe move it to correct section?

Thanks for everyone else for the positive feedback! :)

Edited by Z4NN1N

Processor AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core Processor Manufacturer AMD Speed 3.8 GHz Number of Cores 4 Video Card AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series Manufacturer ATI Chipset AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series Dedicated Memory 1.0 GB Total Memory 4.0 GB Memory 8.2 GB Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit Service Pack 1 Size 64 Bit Edition Home Premium Display Maximum Resolution 1920 x 1080 DVD TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB ATA Device CD TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB ATA Device Drive   Size 465.7 GB Free 296.3 GB

This is my specs why do i only get like 20 frames? Please Help!

Hey guys,

I made a video tutorial about getting good FPS in DayZ as it is pretty hard hitting for your PC atm.

I will keep looking how to tweak the guide and get you guys even better FPS.

Best regards,

Z4NN1N

Thank's for sharing Z4NN1N

While HDR and Occlusion do affect performance a fair amount, I've noticed that Antialiasing and the "Objects" option under Quality are the real FPS hogs.  Perhaps it is different for higher end rigs, but this certainly rings true for the laptop I play on.  Turning on AA takes away at the least 10/15 FPS, while tampering with HDR and Occ only account for 5-10 for me.

Meh, another optimization guide that doesn't speak about the difference between having the CPU and the GPU render. If certain settings fall bellow a threshold, the CPU will take over.

I still don't know exactly what settings those are because every "guide" I run into just speaks of the obvious. Yes I know turning off AA gives me a performance boost, I've known that since the 90's ...

i have a dell inspiron 660s with windows 7 with a 20in LCD sylvania scm2001 screen and im having a hard time finding the right settings to where my game isnt so laggy i appreciate the help thanks guys 

Edited by CPT.Thor

Yes I know turning off AA gives me a performance boost, I've known that since the 90's ...

Kind of ignorant aren't you?

The guy was trying to help people out who don't know. I didn't know and it helped my system. So did you get your ego on by saying that or what?