MrMerc

Player Corpses Disappearing and Kill Msgs

Has anyone else noticed that player corpses have disappeared immediately after death? I tried searching the forums for something about this but didn't find anything (Maybe I'm just bad at searching..)

Anyhow a buddy and I we're playing for a bit yesterday and every time we killed another player his body would disappear immediately, several times we waited because we didn't know if the person died or not from our shots. Is this a known issue that is being looked into or am I just getting combat logged consistently? Several of the 'murders' we could see the kill, player fall and then player disappear.

Which brings me to the next point, are kill messages expected in the near future? Maybe not so explicit that they state whom or what killed you but more so as a server notice that "MrMerc has died." etc.?

Right after you kill someone and their body disappears they most likely logged out which if they did it fast enough their body will disappear.

Not 100% on this but its a possibility you knocked them unconscious and they just exited the server taking the char with them, Or indeed it is a bug and the dead avatar is disappearing....From my experience i kill someone and thier body continues to slide across the floor and then disappears.

Why would they do that? Are they trying to prevent death? I mean if their body disappears they won't be able to loot them agian right? :p

I don't think kill message will be in the game, and about the dead bodies, I found some bodies laying around for quite a long time and I killed someone and the body didn't disappered.

Maybe the old bug from the mod is back? when someone die and ALT F4 quickly the body disappear?

Not 100% on this but its a possibility you knocked them unconscious and they just exited the server taking the char with them, Or indeed it is a bug and the dead avatar is disappearing....From my experience i kill someone and thier body continues to slide across the floor and then disappears.

This comical event also tends to happen occasionally, but not near as often as the possible combat log. After a while with the worm corpse though you can no longer loot it, even if you tread along with the sliding body.

Had the same issue today, a guy serverhoped right in front of me, i shot him 10 times in the head and chest, he fell down and disapeared, i am sure he was dead and that he combat logged, people see the oportunity to be assholes and they are going for it, is a bit annoying having to deal with the server hoppers and combat loggers but im sure it will be fixed soon.

really hope they don't add death messages.  Obviously it's not only unrealistic but it adds more to gameplay if you don't know exactly when they die.  Say you get shot up in a tower or something and don't die.  You bandage up quickly and play dead.  They come to loot your body and they're not expecting to get shot. Way more fun.

If you exit the server the body goes with you. Once people realize you can't just respawn your dude geared in the same spot anymore, it will likely die down a bit. But this was always a problem in the mod as well. 

I'm not a fan of death messages. I don't want people to know if I am dead / unco / just laying behind something if they get a snipe off on me. They should have to come check or wait. 

There won't be any kill messages, Rocket mentioned that explicitly a number of times.

• Like 1

All good points, I am certainly starting to get the impression that it is people spazzing and leaving the server real quick because they got shot/killed.

As for Kill Msgs, I don't know what my opinion is on whether I like them or not. You all made very good points about ambushing enemies if they don't know your dead or not. I've seen Rocket post a few responses alluding to two styles of hives 'regular' and 'hardcore' so maybe messages can be included in the regular servers?

EDIT

There won't be any kill messages, Rocket mentioned that explicitly a number of times.

Ahh, hadn't seen that yet. I'll have to search around.

Edited by MrMerc

From my limited experience, logging off, OR respawning removes the body. A friend of mine went perma-coma, and with no med supplies, I decided to salvage what gear I could. The body disapeared for a minute, he was still unconcious, and then returned. Once he respawned, the body was perma gone.

• Like 1

If you combat log you can most of the time come back to life with all your gear. So they probably just hop to another server and continue alive and fully geared, even though you killed them.

If you combat log you can most of the time come back to life with all your gear. So they probably just hop to another server and continue alive and fully geared, even though you killed them.

Not anymore, fixed yesterday. 

This bug was fixed. Just be sure to report any bugs in the "Report Bugs" section.

Not anymore, fixed yesterday. 

Well if that is true than I'm back to square one about the bodies disappearing. Which by the way could this have anything to do with zombie corpse disappearances? 

ive looted corpses ive come across...

so i think u've just had a instance were a player  exited right away... either to deny u a goodie bag or simply in the vain hopes of staving off death

Doesn't mean they aren't still logging out. Pretty common in the mod to log right after you die just so whoever killed you doesn't get your stuff. 

Haven't tested respawning, as mentioned that likely erases the body too. So for now you have a pretty limited window to loot. I have for sure looted some dead bodies though, so I'm not really sure about respawn just yet. 

If you get killed and press exit instantly ur body will disappear, i confirmed this with my friends... I do it because other people did it to me many times..

I do it because other people did it to me many times..

Lol I don't know if that makes it ok but congratulations on getting selected by the Asian Delegation!

From my limited experience, logging off, OR respawning removes the body. A friend of mine went perma-coma, and with no med supplies, I decided to salvage what gear I could. The body disapeared for a minute, he was still unconcious, and then returned. Once he respawned, the body was perma gone.

Earlier today I was knocked unconscious by a zombie, respawned, ran back to my body and it was still there with all my gear, so it seems that respawning doesnt remove the body.

Perhaps if they respawn fast enough?

same here,

body disappeared when i killed or maybe he was unconscious, not sure.

But there should be a message that following player got killed by %killer%... 

Earlier today I was knocked unconscious by a zombie, respawned, ran back to my body and it was still there with all my gear, so it seems that respawning doesnt remove the body.

Perhaps if they respawn fast enough?

I don't think so I was in a new spawn fist fight and got knocked out now I did ask the guy to finish me off, but i also just hit the respawn button, screen flashed "you are dead" then timer came up, I spawned pretty close to my body and in the same direction and found it in the middle of the road where the fight went down, so I think it's limited to logging off. Because I've also had it where the body disappears about 30 seconds after they die, but never instantly.

disclaimer, this all took place on experimental.

edit: kill messages is a bad idea, do it the traditional way, poke it with a stick.

Edited by Window Licker

if you guys looked at the dates of the Ops post it was before the fixes.

there is a 30 second timer to log out now AND bodies and bodies aren't removed immediatelton disconnect.

if it still happens, then it is a bug.