Sign in to follow this  
Khad (DayZ)

Using the Map

I've found the last two times I played, some parts of the Cherno-map.

In the mod, it was possible, to shift-click on a location in order to get a distancemarker on your screen. But in the SA I just can add public markers.

I haven't found anything about this neither here nor in the keybiindings. Is this feature available at all?

Edit: btw the guides told me to sit down and let my char relax in order of avoiding sickness. I can't find a key for this, too. 

Edited by Khad

Is this feature available at all?

No. And that's good. It's a game about survival and part of that is being lost.

• Like 3

This feature was removed since it is, well, a bit shit. :)

EDIT: Aaaargh, to slow!

Edited by Terrorviktor

Don't know about the map question, but to sit and relax is F3.

• Like 1

I haven't found anything about this neither here nor in the keybiindings. Is this feature available at all?

It's in the keybindings.. Some F key. F1, F2 or F3.. not sure which one

At least the map works for you. I just get a black screen trying to look at the western chernarus map.

Allright, I agree, that this feature was completely unrealistic in the mod, because a map just isn't a GPS. 

Don't know about the map question, but to sit and relax is F3.

lol, i was looking for about 10 minutes yesterday and thought anything must be wrong about my config.

I just went ingame and confirmed your tip in 2 seconds :D

Thanks mates \o

I love that this was removed.  It makes navigation skills that much more important.

At least the map works for you. I just get a black screen trying to look at the western chernarus map.

Go to your inventory, attach the map by drag&drop to your action bar and use the choosen number-key for it :)

M doesn't work for me either. 

Edit: A last little thing - is there a way to transcript the russian Names from the signs to a known name? ;)

Edited by Khad
  • Like 1

You need to put the map into your hotbar and then press the button in relation to which hotbar you put it in.  For instance if you put it in hotbar 5, you press "5" and the map will come up.

You need to put the map into your hotbar and then press the button in relation to which hotbar you put it in.  For instance if you put it in hotbar 5, you press "5" and the map will come up.

That would be all well and good if my hotbar actually worked. I'll have see if my keybinds are screwed up when I get out ta work.

put your map in a quick action slot, don't use the m key, it doesn't work.