Sign in to follow this  
ron01x

Dayz not supporting 2 video cards

Hello, i have 2 ATI RHADEON 7850 video cards with 2 gb vram each but Dayz only detects one of them, is this a bug or will there be no support?

There is no support for Crossfire. I have 2 AMD 6870 cards other card is just idling.

Welcome to the Club

Yup I am having the same issue 

The game uses my second card only 

Specs.

AMD Phenom X6 1090T @3.8
16g DDR3 System Ram
2x ATI 6950s
AGILITY3 60g SSD os Win7 + 1TB HDD storage

Edited by BL1P

This would be why I bought one really nice(at the time) video card instead of 2 okay ones. I assumed most games wouldn't bother to support them. 

Work around for the AMD crossfire

In your catalyst control center.

goto gaming

then 3d application settings

then ADD a new profile 

select your dayz.exe

then in crossfire mode select Use AMD pre-defined profile and select the ArmaA2OA.exe profile and save.

restart dayz and you should now have 2 cards working.

• Like 1

Well they are talking about dayz sa so they gotta make a profile linked to the DayZ.exe in order to make it work. Im using AFR myself and it works but i get a flickering screen occasionally. I will try and see if pre defined profile works and solves anything for me.

Also ULPS should be disabled if you want to use OSD ingame with crossfire to prevent problems.

Erm I did say link to your dayz.exe did you miss read me ?

I am using the setup I described with ULPS enabled no flickering and no problems so far.

I will update if I encounter any problems or if I disable the ULPS 

Edited by BL1P

Yes i totally misread your post sorry ^^ I only disable ULPS becouse it gives me problems when i use programs like msi afterburner for OSD. It wont display info about the second gpu properly when ULPS is enabled. It also seems to improve stability for people but i can play with ULPS enabled without any problems like you.

I tried using a pre defined profile like you said but my frames drops below 20 in the city so its not an option for me. In the same spot/server with AFR enabled my lowest fps is like 30. Im not using crossfire for performance couse i think it runs better on one gpu but i cannot stand the noise when one gpu is running at 100% all the time. I dont think the arma engines will ever get proper cf/sli support.

Edited by ToBbErT