ZeroFraks

PvP... and not much else.

Id have to agree that pvp is yet again the main priority for people, and this is coming from a long time bandit like myself. Though I usually sit up north and kill well geared people and not fresh spawns id like to see a little more from this game this time around then finding good loot and it being an all out death match.

You want the mindless pvp to end? Then gun spawns need to be nerfed by a large margin because they are extremely easy to find. Less people with guns = less pvp. You give people guns theyre going to use them, plain and simple. But thats just my opinion.

Breaking news: your enjoyment means literally nothing at this stage of development. This is an alpha TEST not happy happy early play access.

The only thing the devs care about right now is how the servers run under stress and major game breaking bugs. Not game breaking as in makes carebears cry gamebreaking as in making people's clients or servers crash.

Edited by Weedz
  • Like 1

Breaking news: your enjoyment means literally nothing at this stage of development. This is an alpha TEST not happy happy early play access.

I still think this thread is good at pointing out the issue for developers to see though. I see no problem with it as it is an issue that needs a fix.

Also, your first sentence doesn't make much sense. Are you saying it doesn't matter if the alpha is fun or not? I'm not saying it isn't fun, just that your sentence is confusing.

It is out of control, it was expected.

As it stands, it's only the base game that currently exists, there is literally nothing else to do.

It will quieten down a lot when more features are added and there is actually something to do.

There is loads else to do. This attitude stinks. You can scavenge and attempt to build a community. The game is an open world. Yet all these morons think to do is kill each other. God help us .

Same here, so far found 5 people in game, 1 i gave stuff too. the other 3 killed me on spot, and the last i killed myself.

But there isnt much to do in game right now, so i think these people are just trying to enjoy it.

Normally they'd be going after zombies.

I still don't think you can ever really remove human nature from a game you're trying to make realistic, and killing eachother is a part of human nature.

Edited by muggerfugger

ive had 3 lives so far, none of them wich i was killed by another player. id say 50% of the people ive met are friendly.

Its much about the way you confront people. if you dont talk back to people or if you run towards people holding any kind of weapon, fists included. they will kill you.

There is loads else to do. This attitude stinks. You can scavenge and attempt to build a community. The game is an open world. Yet all these morons think to do is kill each other. God help us .

It's not an attitude, it's reality.

At the moment gearing up takes no time at all and there is nothing to do after this point - no vehicles to get, no parts to get for vehicles, no bases to build, nothing permanent.

It's perfectly understandable that people are just shooting each other when there is a chance none of your gear will be there when you log in the next day, to say otherwise is just wishful thinking.

Ehh, I disagree with that to a certain extent. Enjoyment has to play a certain part in it, because if the game's not fun and no-one tells the developer when it's in Alpha, then you're going to have a problem when it comes to launch and no-one wants to play it. :p

However, in this instance I agree with you that there's no point at all in even attempting to balance PvP/PvE at this point in time, because there's so much yet to come that could alter that balance. Wait until we've got some more key features in place, and then maybe do a little bit of placeholder balancing.

The problem you can get if there's too much killing is that it becomes quite difficult to test things, because by the time you've found a knife and a tin of beans to check if opening a can with a knife works yet, someone's shot you in the face. But things aren't quite at that stage yet.

It's not an attitude, it's reality.

At the moment gearing up takes no time at all and there is nothing to do after this point - no vehicles to get, no parts to get for vehicles, no bases to build, nothing permanent.

It's perfectly understandable that people are just shooting each other when there is a chance none of your gear will be there when you log in the next day, to say otherwise is just wishful thinking.

If it would be harder to gear up then there would be even more reason to kill one another no?

Its not that there is nothing to do. its what you do in certain situations.

People kill on sight because they are afraid to confront other people. its that simple, ive met many people who cant use VOIP, either typing or dont speak at all. these guys are timebombs and a cancer to the community.

100% of players that responded to me have been after my beans.

The first I saw was trying to drink from a well before it was fixed :) I said hello but he must've gone afk looking for the solution.

Its always a toss up though isnt it. You meet a stranger in this environment and the instant thought upon seeing them is 'whats his deal? is he friendly or will he try and kill me'. In the paranoia one person draws their weapon just in case and thats it, a hostile action has been taken and its war lol.

I entered a control tower yesterday and a guy was stood their, I already had my axe drawn and he was on open mic and shouted "I'm Friendly, please don't kill me" I put my axe away and we went our separate ways. Its the apocalypse lol, the idea is to survive and if the guy in front of you has something you want and you have the ability to take it to better yourself, chances are people are going to. Put aside the 12 year olds that do it for fun and the rest of it is just tactics... or morals lol

Even if it's called standalone, this game is pretty much the same as mod. If nothing will be done in term of interaction between people, I will get bored in 1 month. If I wanna play an fps, I run bf4. 

I don't spend 1 hour to collect stuff around and be killed by one of the 100 idiots around the servers. 

No interactions, just kills. And this suck.

• Like 1

the pvp by well geared players around the coast is a result of boredom, alot of them probably server hopped their gear and now they have nothing to do. My suggestion would be to stay the hell away from balota, it's a mess. 

but really, there isn't much else to do once you're geared at the moment. People need to get over the fact that they're getting shot at, in a game where 1/2 the players carry guns, and the other 1/2 make great targets. 

i've had some nice interaction with players, and i've seen videos of people being kidnapped, and my group plans to kidnap people for blood once we all finally meet up, so you know, what kind of player interaction do people want? We're trying to survive.  

There's hardly even zombies in the game yet and you people are crying about PvP and how nobody can test because you're dying all the time. The people doing the killing are testing just fine. Effectively you're crying about being bad at the game and not knowing what you're doing because you're dying trying to loot Elektro.

This is a survival game you are supposed to die. Sorry you're too bad to make it to the empty forest in the far corner of the map away from everything where you are going to spend 99% of your time in the game and think you're good because you've been alive for 5 days straight because you don't understand what the words alpha test means.

Breaking News: Guns and PvP need to be tested too!

Edited by Weedz

I've met about 20 people and only 1 has tried to engage me so far. I guess I'm having better luck than a lot of people!

I think the RDM style PvP will decrease massively once something is done about low-pop farming and server hopping and weapons and ammo are as rare as was intended.

If you ask me it should be like finding 1 round in 5 hours of playtime. Ammo should be so rare that it could be some kind of currency.

Then again, people will get tired of surviving and fixing vehicles and stuff and will also end up KOSing. Same story with the mod. Not much to do, lets KOS. Veteran player, already explored the map and geared up, lets KOS. It'll always be like that people.

If everyone has everything KoS will start to commence, that's right.

But then make it brutally hard to get everything! Like loot so rare it will take you 1 year to get everything and implement some kind of trait/skill-based system so that not anyone can fly/repair/treat wounds.

Problem solved.

People whining about PvP in DayZ is beyond me. Firstly because that's trying to dictate how other players should play the game, and secondly it's undermining the essence of the game. I enjoy trying to be friendly as well, because I find that as a much fresher take on the experience the game brings about, but I realize that not everyone has my exact needs and wants.

Most players I've met unarmed have been more than friendly, but most players I have met with guns have been hostile. I don't think it has anything to do with PvP per se. I think it's human instincts of fear of losing your progress that drive players into that kind of behavior. When it comes to coast wipers and bambi killers, I'm having a harder time seeing their rationale, but I guess there's someone who enjoy that as well. 

How to counter this? Well, the quick-fix would be to make guns and ammo far more rare. The devs have obviously done an effort in this regard when it comes to the new weapon system with modular addons, bullets and magazines. I'm fairly certain that is bound to fail.

What my DayZ days has tought me is that idle hands are the devils workforce. When people have looted all they can and are geared to the max, then of course their focus turns to other things. And in DayZ there are no other things to do than to hunt other players. How to solve it? Look to Epoch. Add activities. Vehicles, base building. Something to do besides PvP. And then, naturally PvP would re reduced.

What I am trying to get at is that, by all means go ahead and PvP... but at turn it into a CoD remix.

Just this morning I found a Hack that allows Godmode and teleporting up to 1000metres, so that would explain how come on the 3 servers I have tried, that every time I have been killed it has been from a extremely tooled up player.  

Again, I don't mind PvP, I have even engaged other players myself... but that's only after they have been following me, or I can see that they are a threat due to their weapon, etc.  Shooting fresh spawns along the coast line is just mindless, I simply don't get it.

Anyway...  a lot of you seem to have found servers that seem to be a little more good natured.  I wonder if we could share our server finding here in the group.  I for one would love to find a server that I can actually try to work out what things do and do not work so far, something a little difficult when shots are ringing out above your head constantly.

So please, if you have had a good experience on a server, shout it out so that maybe we can all have a less PvP experience... it is the time for giving after all.  ;)

If you're being killed, it's because you made the mistake of letting yourself get spotted.

Nothing more to say  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

I'd say 50% of my player encounters they have tried to kill me. In all cases, only one or two people would even communicate with me.

People whining about PvP in DayZ is beyond me. Firstly because that's trying to dictate how other players should play the game, and secondly it's undermining the essence of the game. 

PvP is the essence of DayZ? Seriously, wtf? Rocket said several times that DayZ is about survival and authenticity! And killing every human being on sight is the least authentic thing I can think of!

The game is already dictating how players should play the game because of it's still not final loot spawns (you get every item ingame within an hour), so the only task left is to kill other players.

I really hope that this will be fixed when the game goes beta otherwise I can just go play Battlefield 4. That will save me one hour to gear up before I can go all pew-pew...

• Like 1

There's hardly even zombies in the game yet and you people are crying about PvP and how nobody can test because you're dying all the time. The people doing the killing are testing just fine. Effectively you're crying about being bad at the game and not knowing what you're doing because you're dying trying to loot Elektro.

This is a survival game you are supposed to die. Sorry you're too bad to make it to the empty forest in the far corner of the map away from everything where you are going to spend 99% of your time in the game and think you're good because you've been alive for 5 days straight because you don't understand what the words alpha test means.

Breaking News: Guns and PvP need to be tested too!

Nobody is 'crying', hardly complaining even. Honestly, you're kinda just acting like a petty bully here with the needless and over exaggerated insults lol. Are you just trying to start a fight with somebody? And I'm speaking as somebody who is loving alpha and happily looting far away from the coast in my 'peaceful' (in terms of other players) low pop server. 

Also there're plenty of zombies in places that haven't been looted yet. I barely explored a village and fought off 5 or so before I could even really start looting the place last night.

Edited by Tara505

I made a friend yesterday! We both didnt have much. He a pipe wrench, me a splitting axe. We waved at each other. 

I needed water and he showed me where the nearest pump was. He took a drink and I buried my axe in his back and took his helmet. All was right in the world. 

We"ll see how people lone wolf KOS when the zombie spawns increase, I've seen people get cornered by 2-3 zombies and die easily, once there are more and hordes I doubt many of these bandits will last long on their own and just keep dying at the coast

It will be the bandit groups that prosper in the banditry department and other survivors will have to work together

Seriously try taking on five zombies with a mosin while they aggro from outside and you don't know what door they will come through

I gurrantee you'll take some damage, now imagine that x 10 and that's closer to the number I can see roaming cities in later updates

Most people cant handle a few zombies at the moment until they have a gun (myself included although now I have a gun it's less of a struggle)

I was looting earlier and somehow 5 zombies aggroed to me while I'm in a house

I shoot with my mosin but it attracts another 4 and I spent the last 3 hours avoiding towns to replenish my blood

I barely escaped, and greater zombie numbers are coming, your going to need other people if you want to get anywhere other than the coast

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior