rocket

Security Vulnerabilities fixed by Patch #2 and Character wipe

Do you feel that the security level at the moment is adequate, or will it be an ongoing improvement

Right, so instead of implementing a "MMO framework" your plan was to "leave it as is" and slowly plug holes under the pretense/shield of "it's Alpha!". Yeah, nah. I loved the mod, I had great hopes for this game last year but I'm glad I didn't buy nor will I likely ever, especially if this "Alpha" is expected to last up to a year.

Trial & error isn't how you write server software. Cheers.

• Like 8

As we all know this was going to happen during the Alpha period, It doesn't really bother me, and I'm sure most people will agree.. I'd rather you fix the security issues and kill off everything I have then a hacker teleporting and exploiting the server. 

• Like 8

Right, so instead of implementing a "MMO framework" your plan was to "leave it as is" and slowly plug holes under the pretense/shield of "it's Alpha!". Yeah, nah. I loved the mod, I had great hopes for this game last year but I'm glad I didn't buy nor will I likely ever, especially if this "Alpha" is expected to last up to a year. Trial & error isn't how you write server software. Cheers.

Why are you complaining about this? They patched what they could find, people finding these exploits during an alpha...which is the stage where things are usually fixed during true development can only be a good thing, so they can be fixed everytime one pops up.

Fixing these security issues can only be a good thing.

• Like 11

Right, so instead of implementing a "MMO framework" your plan was to "leave it as is" and slowly plug holes under the pretense/shield of "it's Alpha!". Yeah, nah. I loved the mod, I had great hopes for this game last year but I'm glad I didn't buy nor will I likely ever, especially if this "Alpha" is expected to last up to a year. Trial & error isn't how you write server software. Cheers.

:emptycan:

• Like 7

So, no reason for you to be posting anymore then?

Right?

RIGHT???

• Like 11

there is a ban hammer associated to this? i hope those hackers got the hammer for good, so the only way for them to come back is to buy the game again, and this time play fair.

• Like 6

Good job, I'll also take this moment to post videos of hacks for every other video game. It is important for you neckbeards to note that no game is free of hacks and all that was promised in DayZ standalone was no more nukes, ThunderDomes, Insta killing servers, and animal hacks.

Youtube videos of hacks of every other fps: http://youtu.be/i0r-bC2l6v0?t=41s http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIzq0IttNZk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emGj4LtKNH0 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KoMMeMwT88

• Like 5

If you want me to take you seriously, have the common decency not to mock me with your username.

It doesn't really matter if you take my words seriously, does it?

• Like 1

It doesn't really matter if you take my words seriously, does it?

It might. Presentation is everything.

• Like 3

Server software is written by predicting the future by eating a lot of rotten kiwis of course. Rocket clearly doesn`t know what he`s doing despite creating DayZ and consistenly improving upon the formula.

• Like 2

I expected that to come. I'm cool with that, actually im kind a happy i got something to do now :)

Lost my over 10 hour old character who was pretty kitted... all good though. To be fair, hackers ruined the mod so much, so a complete wipe is really not that big of a deal. I just also wanted to thank you, Dean Hall, and your team for working so hard on making the mod everything we want it to be. I mean, the fact that we've had 2 updates in 2 days just makes me appreciate this even more. Also, may I remind everyone that when testing MMORPG alpha's, the companies wipe characters every week, so this is honestly not that bad.

• Like 8

this guy is clearly an expert on the virtual reality engine

not

I bet he could fix this in 1 day

not

• Like 8