Blade4777980

Is it worth buying Dayz standalone yet? [With Developer responses]

for me the most important thing is to have some fun after work instead of moaning on this forum this is not why i bought this game. I used to play dayz but now for me this game is just boring with lots of bugs, i am waiting for 0.59 and writing on this forum couse i want to play dayz again i remember few really good patches but cant wait forever, six months ago there ware lots of full servers now maybe few this mean that it is not only my opinion

• Like 2

One should remember that a lot of work is going on behind the scenes that isn't incooperated into a (exp) build yet (ie work on the engine and game core), because it only can and will be visible and playable for us when all parts of the puzzle are there.

What I would like to see, would be a change of mind towards the players playing the alpha version. For example they should/could have asked the community: "Do you want to stay on .57 with Zombies, or do you want a .58 without them, but fixed bugs from .57"

A simple poll would give them the answer what most people want and they can still use the exp version as a second Version that can run in parallel after they gathered the Intel they Need from it.

As of now the exp Version is just not used (Servers are down atm), while we could be easily have the choice between a .57 with Zombies and .58 exp without them.

That would be close to none work for the devs and would make people more happy for sure.

So please, if a dev reads this, consider listening and working more together with the community - it will most likely not result in more work but will make the ride to 1.0 more fun for us players.

I really believe, that the Devs wanted too much and spread in too many directions.

Yes, they have teams for each part of the game (mapcreation, zombies, graphics etc.) and only the mod in a new engine wouldn`t be enough for the most of the players i guess.

I think it actually would be. Imagine DayZ Mod with improved graphics, Zombies, physics and performance.

I would be happy...

• Like 2

Or at least that would have been a great starting point haha. Specifically performance and working zombies.

So the renderer is now a year over it's expected release date.

Well done BIS! Well done!!! Now you're taking the piss.

On 24/10/2015 at 6:09 AM, El_Hadschi said:

I'. Now I've got a lot of hats, diseases, deterioration of loot and other things really annoying me.....

diseases ??

Man, in the Mod i hacked people to death with a machete just to get their antibiotics.
- I was sick

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Like 1

Have been going though forum for info on Dayz as I was recommended by work colleague about the game.. Was looking for an answer to whether or not I should purchase Arma II / Operation arrowhead > Dayz Mod to play .. or purchase the standalone. As someone who is just dipping my toes into Dayz, It is very disheartening to read continuous expressions of dismay over the stand alone game not meeting requirements, and over such a very long period. It doesn't make the newbie (myself) overly enthusiastic nor fill with confidence the wisdom of purchase. But however...

Having looked into the game, which is very impressive and seems like something I'd very much enjoy and immerse myself in, should I go with Standalone or Arma +Dayz Mod? It is very much important to me that I have ability to play off-line (as I work on off-shore oil industry.. away for 3 weeks at a time) and I'm suspecting that the Dayz Mod is the only way I can accomplish this.. Can someone clarify this for me please.. 

Very much appreciate any help on this. 

You cannot play dayz standalone offline right now.

If you can play online, you should be playing standalone.  It's the future. 

Signed, 

fanboi. 

1 hour ago, Parazight said:

If you can play online, you should be playing standalone.  It's the future. 

Hmm.. With that in mind, maybe should purchase standalone for PC at home and Arma II + DayzMod for laptop to bring off shore?

23 minutes ago, LeJudge said:

Hmm.. With that in mind, maybe should purchase standalone for PC at home and Arma II + DayzMod for laptop to bring off shore?

Yes.  That seems best for you.

I would recommend not buying the SA. I did several years ago and recently tried to get a refund. Despite only having 2 hours on record in three years, they refused my refund request. 

The mod was great and now there is nothing...

Because its not even a real game... nothing resembling a beta. I bought this "game" based on a timetable that has fallen woefully short and I'm not the spring chicken I once was. I don't know if I'll be playing games in two years when this thing is finally out of beta.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phredrick said:

Because its not even a real game... nothing resembling a beta. I bought this "game" based on a timetable that has fallen woefully short and I'm not the spring chicken I once was. I don't know if I'll be playing games in two years when this thing is finally out of beta.

I'm no lawyer but this sounds like you and I and every other man on earth may a case for a full refund on any leisure time product bought at any point that we may not get around to using.

Seem legit?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Phredrick said:

Interesting.  I've never heard anyone on these forums state that they're going to stop playing X years from now.  Let's just hope your time table matches  typical video game development.  (usually longer than expected)

1 hour ago, Parazight said:

Interesting.  I've never heard anyone on these forums state that they're going to stop playing X years from now.  Let's just hope your time table matches  typical video game development.  (usually longer than expected)

I think he's saying he's old and going to die before it's done, one would assume he'd put the $30 refund into his estate. He couldn't possibly be too broke to buy a new game and grasping? With the economy the way it is these days really he should just leave his steam account to his grandkids, DayZ will be a damn good game in their lifetime and worth a lot more than thirty bucks towards college.

• Like 1

Taking another longer break from the game, its driving me nuts.... Cya on the flip side.

On 6/1/2016 at 1:31 PM, LeJudge said:

Have been going though forum for info on Dayz as I was recommended by work colleague about the game.. Was looking for an answer to whether or not I should purchase Arma II / Operation arrowhead > Dayz Mod to play .. or purchase the standalone. As someone who is just dipping my toes into Dayz, It is very disheartening to read continuous expressions of dismay over the stand alone game not meeting requirements, and over such a very long period. It doesn't make the newbie (myself) overly enthusiastic nor fill with confidence the wisdom of purchase. But however...

Having looked into the game, which is very impressive and seems like something I'd very much enjoy and immerse myself in, should I go with Standalone or Arma +Dayz Mod? It is very much important to me that I have ability to play off-line (as I work on off-shore oil industry.. away for 3 weeks at a time) and I'm suspecting that the Dayz Mod is the only way I can accomplish this.. Can someone clarify this for me please.. 

Very much appreciate any help on this. 

I own both. DayZ mod is somewhat buggy (nothing like SA), the user interface is not intuitive (C to stand?) and once you have the UI down the gameplay itself has a very high learning curve. It is also The. Best. Game. Ever. Developed. Period.

DayZ stand alone is what you would have if a steaming pile of s**t could drop a deuce. I bought the alpha at release, and I'm still waiting for the beta. I expect to continue waiting past 2019. 

I started with vanilla DayZ mod 4 years ago. It's like no other game I've ever played. I've killed thousands of players in other FPS games. It wasn't until I played DayZ that I murdered someone. Vanilla is all about survival. The zombies are simply the backdrop, a minor annoyance at worst. Its the other players you have to worry about.

I remember playing once, still on the coast and not having much luck with loot. I found myself opposite Skalinsky Island, and having never been there I decided to check it out. No loot to speak of, and after roaming around a while I swam back to shore. By the time I got there I was suffering hypothermia and starving (food, water and thermometer flashing), my vision gray and blurry from low health after repeated zombie attacks. Heading towards Electro, I saw a player with an assault rifle and pack go into a building. I had a Makarov (arguably the weakest gun in the game) with 3 rounds. I knew if I shot for the center of body mass he would take all three rounds then kill me with the rifle. I would have to score a head shot, but I was desperate. With sweaty palms and racing heart I trotted to the industrial building he had entered, hoping the pouring rain was masking the sound of my footsteps. When I entered the building he was right in front of me, grabbing some piece of loot of the floor. I shot him in the back of the head from 3 meters. In addition to the rifle he was carrying he had a M9, Alice pack with additional rifle and ammo, food and BLOOD BAGS, OMG 2 BLOOD BAGS. His presence here was something of a mystery. With all this gear why was he still on the coast? Why had he not moved inland, away from the teeming hordes of freshly spawned players, with their hunger and poverty? Had he returned to the coast to meet someone? Perhaps he came to loot medical supplies from the hospital in Electro? I would never know. This was before self-transfusion. I saw a player asking for blood, took a chance and met him in Electro. Again with sweaty palms and racing heart I approached the church. All went well as we gave each other transfusions and parted ways. Determined not to repeat the mistake of my victim, I began the trek inland, toward Stary and NWAF thinking, "Oh, man, this game ROCKS!"

Now there are additional mods, and I've moved on from vanilla. I like base building and AI raiding, so I play Epoch. There are several others, each with their own emphasis on particular aspects of gameplay. I'm sure you'll find something to your liking.

FYI, I don't know what the point of offline play would be, since it's the interaction with other players that is the spice of DayZ. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Captn said:

I FYI, I don't know what the point of offline play would be, since it's the interaction with other players that is the spice of DayZ. 

The reason why some like to be playing offline is to learn the map, build a base without someone just plan stealing everything you locate in a matter of time either by exploits or broken engine updates.

the next mode is to reduce the number of players greifing you while your on the coast, after death or getting killed in pvp. Exploiters and random campers.

I do agree some people just want to pve and have problems finding a good server. (they deserve an offline mode or a pve server) I respect that.

Buying the game today is only experiencing what is done, not promises of the past reports. Every thing should be taken down on the web, because we are no where near that point or maybe never be.

the game works, but expect tons of exploits, and tons of issues with the game client. They are repairing everything we are reporting as suggested by the devs.

Its still buyers beware your interacting with others in a hostile environment and never get attached to your gear.

I am a kos, pvp player so i do know where this player is coming from. I have some on our squad that do not want to pvp just pve.

I played the Mod...and found the Infected to be annoying and poorly done (which is odd in a Zombie Apocalypse game) loot is just endless, and the graphics levels were simply crap.

The time I started getting bored with teaming up for some PVP is the time I started looking elsewhere.

I have played the SA Alpha Builds for a couple years now and I assure you that, IMHO, it is very much the real deal and (regardless of what you hear from certain others) you would be doing yourself a disservice if you did not give this ALPHA a chance.

Checking out YouTube streams of the .60 build should give you a good idea of its potential.

All you need (in addition to the Single Player Mode) is to wait for the LAN Server files and you can host LAN Bashes on the rig! (Just wishful thinking for now!)

Go for it! It does not cost a ton, it will only get better and bigger, and lastly, it can be whatever you want it to be.

As far as I am concerned....I have not seen a single hacker....I have never had a crash to desktop....I have a ton of fun in full servers and I have a great immersive experience on others that are empty.

I don't have a lot of time to play, but when I find time to pull up to my computer I am hard pressed to name other PC experiences that are just as interesting and immersive.

BUT... You will NOT be able to play this on a laptop unless it is a SERIOUS piece of hardware. I7, top-notch graphics chipset (or add-on adapter) and a good chunk of RAM. Others play on lesser rigs but I would personally go big on the rig. If you are lucky enough to have a proper berth where you can keep a PC then better yet!