Blade4777980

Is it worth buying Dayz standalone yet? [With Developer responses]

Is it worth buying Dayz standalone yet or should i wait for it to mature so it's less buggy and more playable??.

• Like 2

That's not really a question we can answer for you. It's down to how willing you are to put up with bugs, missing features, regular character wipes and not much in the way of content.

It'll all improve in time, but it really can't be emphasised enough that this is absolutely an Alpha, and that if you're wanting to play DayZ without interruptions or having your immersion broken, it's probably not for you right now. If you want to see what the base is like that they're going to build the game up from, it's worth a purchase.

EDIT: GOD DAMMIT, VIKTOR! :p

Edited by Target Practice
  • Like 15

Just do it, has a ton of potential even in it's current state. Things will improve, get patched, get added. It's going to be absolutely first class when it's completed, so why not save yourself some sheckles and get it while it's cheaper. As others have said though, it's not finished yet, so don't expect it to play like a finished game at the moment. 

• Like 7

Thank's i prob will because it will get more expensive as it goes up in beta and mature

Indeed. I would probably pick it up now, check it out, and then you'll already have it a few months down the road when things really get going.

• Like 1

Id say wait afew months or a month atleast, If I beat it, and got almost every loot there is in the game in a matter of 5-8 hours... its not worth it yet... maybe ina few weeks it will be? But as of now... no.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'd wait a month or two till we get some patches up in here. It's dark all the time right now anyways...

If you have fun watching how a masterpiece is created, then yes.

If you want influence the product, then yes.

If you want save money, then yes.

If you get whiny fast, than no.

• Like 9

The game is definitely worth playing, even at the current stage! 

Love it so far!

• Like 7

My opinion

For the current game? No

For the price? No (it will stay this price for some time)

To see the game? No (you can watch streams)

To participate in development? Possibly

Overall, I would not recommend it. But I think in a few weeks, it might go from "possible" to "yes" on the last one.

does that mean, that in a few weeks the price will be lower?

- kinda unfair for these ppl who are "paying" to test..

- a lower price would just increase more ppl especially ppl who may play very agressive...

the price have to be high alltime, this would prevent also ppl to cheat, because if the price is high, the risk would be also.

• Like 2

does that mean, that in a few weeks the price will be lower?

- kinda unfair for these ppl who are "paying" to test..

- a lower price would just increase more ppl especially ppl who may play very agressive...

the price have to be high alltime, this would prevent also ppl to cheat, because if the price is high, the risk would be also.

Where did you read lower price?? 

• Like 2

Where did you read lower price?? 

first of all i have asked him if there will be a price drop.

because i didnt get this "For the price? No (it will stay this price for some time)"

so i hope i get it wrong ;)

• Like 1

because i didnt get this "For the price? No (it will stay this price for some time)"

I believe that the price will get higher as development continuous so right now it`s cheaper than the beta and eventually released product.

I think Rocket simply ment that the price won't change (be it up or down) for a while from now.

• Like 3

it is so nice when a company has the luxury of being honest - the dayz mod revenue from Arma 2 sales alone allows for that.  It's great to see a company like BI be rewarded.

• Like 5

My opinion

For the current game? No

For the price? No (it will stay this price for some time)

To see the game? No (you can watch streams)

To participate in development? Possibly

Overall, I would not recommend it. But I think in a few weeks, it might go from "possible" to "yes" on the last one.

Its cool that you are being humble, but you are selling yourself a bit short.

Yesterday a few of my friends came across a couple of people in Staroye. We noticed one of them had a gun, the other a shovel and the 3rd was standing in his underwear. We approached and told them in direct chat to put their hands up and drop the gun. As soon as we did the guy with the gun unloaded his m4 into almost naked friend/hostage of his killing him instantly. We immediately fire and take him down. The guy with the shovel runs off and we let him go. I spot a fourth guy on the treeline and take a long shot at him and miss. Anyway we head to Electro and end up running into the guy I shot at. He surrenders quickly and as we cuff him we ask him a few questions. He explained to us that those were his friends and he did not mean to shoot the naked guy but he was tabbed out and when he tabbed back in he accidentally unloaded (bad luck). Anyway I get out 3 med kits and test our new prisoners blood. I then take out the blood bags and begin to fill every blood bag I have.. We then take what we need off of him and back away slowly. That is a completely different Dayz  experience then what I'm used to and also way more fun. If that does not sound like the Dayz you want to play then don't buy this yet. 

Edited by Threelibras
  • Like 14

If you want this Alpha to become an amazing Game someday then yes buy it to help it get there faster but dont expect to play it much 

Well the main thing here is that I'd rather play this than DayZ Mod. Although they are similiar prices, the standalone while it lacks the same amount of weapons and vehicles, is still a lot better even in its current state.

I loved the mod even if it did run away and get silly sonetimes.

Im looking forward to a more refined version with all the promised addons and perks. Im here to see progression and watch how it transforms.

Today i ran into a air control tower with a shovel and came face to face with a guy who was on open mic. He screamed please dont kill me im friendly and ran off. I lol'd 1. Because i didnt realise u coukd do that and 2. Its nothing i expected. Loved it and looking forward to more of it.

Dayz is buggy and is going to be buggy for a long time yet. Is aloha too late, possibly.. but i like it and enjoy the on edge suspense of scenarios like that.

• Like 1

Its cool that you are being humble, but you are selling yourself a bit short.

Yesterday a few of my friends came across a couple of people in Staroye. We noticed one of them had a gun, the other a shovel and the 3rd was standing in his underwear. We approached and told them in direct chat to put their hands up and drop the gun. As soon as we did the guy with the gun unloaded his m4 into almost naked friend/hostage of his killing him instantly. We immediately fire and take him down. The guy with the shovel runs off and we let him go. I spot a fourth guy on the treeline and take a long shot at him and miss. Anyway we head to Electro and end up running into the guy I shot at. He surrenders quickly and as we cuff him we ask him a few questions. He explained to us that those were his friends and he did not mean to shoot the naked guy but he was tabbed out and when he tabbed back in he accidentally unloaded (bad luck). Anyway I get out 3 med kits and test our new prisoners blood. I then take out the blood bags and begin to fill every blood bag I have.. We then take what we need off of him and back away slowly. That is a completely different Dayz  experience then what I'm used to and also way more fun. If that does not sound like the Dayz you want to play then don't buy this yet. 

Yes but for every story like that there are 100 of people getting screwed over by bugs (to be expected).

Yesterday a few of my friends came across some people at Balota airfield, they opened fire and we returned. We killed them both. They combat logged and their bodies disappeared and 20 seconds later they were back in game alive with all their gear shooting at us again. We killed them again, they combat logged, they logged back in 20 seconds later with all their gear... Then they killed me. I sat staring at my death screen in disbelief for 10 seconds, then I relogged expecting to start over... Nope, I was alive with all my gear. If this does not sound like the Dayz you want to play then don't buy this yet.